Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122592 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2130 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 09:30:40 »

I see someone has uploaded a pic of Tuesdays programme and it lists Chris Kiely as a Director alongside Clem. So appears more than just a non-exec role and makes it appear that there will be financial interests. Transparency eh...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2131 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 09:45:20 »

I see someone has uploaded a pic of Tuesdays programme and it lists Chris Kiely as a Director alongside Clem. So appears more than just a non-exec role and makes it appear that there will be financial interests. Transparency eh...

This Chris Kiely thing needs to be cleared up asap. Completely agree that if the club has stated it's going to be completely open and honest with the fans, 'secretly' adding a director goes against this. I know there is a Q and A at the club on the 28th of this month so I think it needs to be cleared up by then. A more cynical person my imply that the announcement of the third shirt was an attempt at a smokescreen/distraction.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kent_Red

Ignore
« Reply #2132 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 12:29:26 »

Gillingham away completely alienated me from some of our fans. Ashamed to be associated with those baying buffoons at the end. Utter neanderthals. A minority thankfully

Couldn't agree more - took my 10 year old daughter and the atmosphere created by some was totally unacceptable.  Not sure I'll be repeating that in a hurry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2133 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 13:47:14 »

Little moan.

Mate got the wrong size shirt at the shop. Didn't try before you buy. Doesn't live in Swindon.

Is the procedure
  1. Ring up and ask to swap it out, they'll say they'll put one aside and he'll swap on return
  2. Get told to buy another one online when available, then bring the wrong one back and get a refund. Oh, and you can't buy it over the phone because they can't do phone sales.

Most peculiar. NO problem for us in town, but poor for out of towners

edit: ah, maybe they don't have the stock
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2134 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:04:14 »

This Chris Kiely thing needs to be cleared up asap. Completely agree that if the club has stated it's going to be completely open and honest with the fans, 'secretly' adding a director goes against this. I know there is a Q and A at the club on the 28th of this month so I think it needs to be cleared up by then. A more cynical person my imply that the announcement of the third shirt was an attempt at a smokescreen/distraction.

Hello all!

I saw that my mentioning of Kiely on a recent episode of LSPOD created a bit of conversation here. I've sort of withdrawn from social media quite a bit over the last few months so I hadn't realised that this was an unanswered aspect of the club set-up nor do I think anything is in any way sinister here.

Chris 'CK' Kiely has been on the scene a little while and is a regular at the CG (including last season). He's not hid away etc. sometimes even high-fiving players post-match and all that.

Kiely, I believe, aspires to achieve things in football akin to what Brentford and Brighton have done. Sandro Di Michele is his friend/colleague from the racing world and that's how he's ended up here. If it goes well, huzzah! If it goes badly then Kiely and Di Michele go back to the drawing board but Swindon Town are left in League 2.

My concern, which has also been raised by various posters on here over the last couple months, has only ever been why has Morfuni et al given so much responsibility to relative football rookies?

The answer to this is probably 'because he's the owner and can do whatever he damned well likes' which is fair enough to a degree but he will be left to answer this if it was to not work out (which is no different to any project/experiment).
« Last Edit: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:09:51 by Costanza » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2135 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:12:37 »

And I guess the main question would be - what is he bringing to the table?  He seems to have retired from football at a young age and then there is very little in the public domain for anyone to determine anything further.

I would expect someone who is appointed to the Board (as this seems) to have a little bit of fanfare - that's where you get the worry - "why didn't they say anything?".  Also, most people wouldn't have a Scooby who he is or that he has been around for a while.

I kind of get we are trying something different, and you don't want or need Dinosaurs around to carry that through, but, we do seem incredibly raw when it comes to experience at every level of the club (for the positions they hold).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2136 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:13:26 »

He’s an Aussie. Not likely to have a little black book of contacts within UK football.

He’s relying on people knowing more than him.

It may work out. It may not.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #2137 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:16:34 »

Little moan.

Mate got the wrong size shirt at the shop. Didn't try before you buy. Doesn't live in Swindon.

Is the procedure
  1. Ring up and ask to swap it out, they'll say they'll put one aside and he'll swap on return
  2. Get told to buy another one online when available, then bring the wrong one back and get a refund. Oh, and you can't buy it over the phone because they can't do phone sales.

Most peculiar. NO problem for us in town, but poor for out of towners

edit: ah, maybe they don't have the stock

Last season's black shirt didn't fit properly so I rang emailed the shop & ask if I could go up a size, they said yes & did put one by for me to go & exchange which I did, dunno if that helps.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2138 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:16:47 »

Hello all!

I saw that my mentioning of Kiely on a recent episode of LSPOD created a bit of conversation here. I've sort of withdrawn from social media quite a bit over the last few months so I hadn't realised that this was an unanswered aspect of the club set-up nor do I think anything is in any way sinister here.

Chris 'CK' Kiely has been on the scene a little while and is a regular at the CG (including last season). He's not hid away etc. sometimes even high-fiving players post-match and all that.

Kiely, I believe, aspires to achieve things in football akin to what Brentford and Brighton have done. Sandro Di Michele is his friend/colleague from the racing world and that's how he's ended up here. If it goes well, huzzah! If it goes badly then Kiely and Di Michele go back to the drawing board but Swindon Town are left in League 2.

My concern, which has also been raised by various posters on here over the last couple months, has only ever been why has Morfuni et al given so much responsibility to relative football rookies?

The answer to this is probably 'because he's the owner and can do whatever he damned well likes' which is fair enough to a degree but he will be left to answer this if it was to not work out (which is no different to any project/experiment).

Cheers for popping over the parapet Rich. Is the fact that CK hasn't been officially announced by the club just that he's a shy and retiring person and wants to be involved behind the scenes do you think? I assume that Chorley leaving was because of the change of direction to the Brentford/Brighton model presumably directed (and agreed by Clem/RA?) by CK? Is it fair to say Sandro and CK are a package? 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2139 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:35:36 »

Cheers for popping over the parapet Rich. Is the fact that CK hasn't been officially announced by the club just that he's a shy and retiring person and wants to be involved behind the scenes do you think? I assume that Chorley leaving was because of the change of direction to the Brentford/Brighton model presumably directed (and agreed by Clem/RA?) by CK? Is it fair to say Sandro and CK are a package? 

I am confident enough to say Kiely and SDM are definitely a package. SDM is here because of Kiely or at least on his recommendation and that isn't a crime nor do I think it's something the club needs to explain. Although I'd like his 'black book' to be a little more full of contacts... I get the impression that he's been relentlessly networking and learning on the job.

I'd be super-interested in hearing Kiely's vision but rather suspect that if he feels that he's got something within the football data world (or whatever) that competitors don't have then he'd want to keep it under wraps for now.

The upcoming Q&A will hopefully answer many of these questions, especially now Kiely is listed as a Board member (or whatever was mentioned in the programme).

Knowing Swindon Town a very peppy statement will pop up over the coming weeks but I do think there's been a little bit of overthinking on this and I include myself on that front.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2140 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:56:14 »

Last season's black shirt didn't fit properly so I rang emailed the shop & ask if I could go up a size, they said yes & did put one by for me to go & exchange which I did, dunno if that helps.

I mean that's excellent and exactly as it should be.

Not what he was told. But possibly my mate getting the wrong end of the stick in that they can't because they don't have stock. In which case I retract. Dunno though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2141 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 14:57:57 »

@Rich

That's cool. Do think its a bit odd it wasn't mentioned by the club. But won't lose sleep over it. The club comms has been a bit dysfunctional at times since takeover.  Probably best you don't mention it on the pod again Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2142 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 15:02:12 »

@Rich

That's cool. Do think its a bit odd it wasn't mentioned by the club. But won't lose sleep over it. The club comms has been a bit dysfunctional at times since takeover.  Probably best you don't mention it on the pod again Smiley

Agreed! Think they went a bit overboard with the O&T line last season so to not disclose info relating to a topic of genuine interest and intrigue for fans then it's only going create the conversations seen on TEF.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #2143 on: Friday, September 16, 2022, 15:07:19 »

I see our new commercial manager is James Watts
Formerly CM at Newport and Hereford

Fun fact he is also a happy hardcore MC

Ignore
« Reply #2144 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 12:16:40 »

We have a new sponsor- Hoth Kitchens. Bet they're good at freezers.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: