Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122813 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2025 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 08:54:35 »

Was that the 10 year catering contract that was signed under Jed and we managed to get out of?

I think it just ran its course, Jed sold it in 2013 or so so think it was up this summer. It's possible that we cut it short by a year or two but it certainly ran for most of its lifetime.

That was announced at the time as a £13m contract, suggesting a value of about £1.3m a season, so the amounts involved here are relatively small.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2026 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 09:01:22 »

Well, they're the catering/events supplier (or were up until this summer) so it'll be something along the lines of that.

I suspect that there will be some level of dispute around the 18 months or so of various Covid restrictions where there would have been very low level of use of any of the facilities and who bears the "loss" of that. The fact that it suggests around £300k of the £316k claimed is disputed suggests we're not just talking a few bar tabs here and there.

Ah that would make sense then. Wouldn't such a loss due to something like a pandemic be covered by insurance?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2027 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 12:26:43 »

Given the contract was for them to pay us in return for being the sole provider of matchday food and beverage (concourse areas only I believe, we still ran the Corporate), then any debt we owe them would likely be contentious.  Why would we owe them money when it was them paying us in the deal?  That would make me assume this comes down to some sort of loss of revenue claim, which would also support why we would be trying to negotiate a number in settlement rather than just paying up.  The contract likely has some grey area wording around early termination and/or didn't  cover what would happen with a closed stadium in definitive terms.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2028 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 12:31:25 »

Unless someone is ITK and has had sight of the contractual documents and related papers, who knows what is going on.

Nothing to see here
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #2029 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 15:24:47 »

Unless someone is ITK and has had sight of the contractual documents and related papers, who knows what is going on.

Just raise costs of the pasties and sausage rolls by 50p a piece.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2030 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 19:10:47 »

Did they actually sell pasties and sausage rolls? Other than the odd Bovril or coffee (mostly to keep my hands warm) I don't think I've bought anything from club catering for more than 10 years.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #2031 on: Wednesday, August 3, 2022, 19:19:17 »

Did they actually sell pasties and sausage rolls? Other than the odd Bovril or coffee (mostly to keep my hands warm) I don't think I've bought anything from club catering for more than 10 years.
Yep, they were pretty good last year too.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #2032 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 07:37:49 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20595713.swindon-town-winding-up-petition-details-emerge-second-debt/?fbclid=IwAR2baea6LIR3iRFHO08Pg9Fo9vtsQ5TLYJi3objoz_-aNWl20qVF6pVY06E&ref=suit
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2033 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 07:57:41 »

Just raise costs of the pasties and sausage rolls by 50p a piece.

After trying to raise ticket prices by 10-20%, raising food prices by 25% is probably not going to go down well. The club is already being accused of rinsing the fans at every opportunity.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #2034 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 08:19:34 »

After trying to raise ticket prices by 10-20%, raising food prices by 25% is probably not going to go down well. The club is already being accused of rinsing the fans at every opportunity.

Bad news but the real world...im in the food game and prices have gone up 15% minimum.....Of course i do understand that there may be a high starting (selling) point in this case....

Clems Army!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2035 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 09:02:37 »

Bad news but the real world...im in the food game and prices have gone up 15% minimum.....Of course i do understand that there may be a high starting (selling) point in this case....

I get it, and i don't disagree, just pointing out the reaction to previous price hikes.  
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 09:41:23 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2036 on: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 09:04:56 »

Flash has a kebab van.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2037 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:09:26 »

Club advertising for an analyst, requiring a degree, offering £18k p.a. (Slightly less than the real living wage)

It’s market rates, but it’s still not a good look. Particularly for a club which wants to differentiate itself as being data led

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2038 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:11:19 »

Club advertising for an analyst, requiring a degree, offering £18k p.a. (Slightly less than the real living wage)

It’s market rates, but it’s still not a good look. Particularly for a club which wants to differentiate itself as being data led

You'd think paying £10k more or something here might actually make a significant difference, relative to £10k more on the playing budget, right? On paper, it seems like a reasonably efficient way to spend the budget.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2039 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:55:41 »

Honestly, a dream job for me - and something I would have probably gone into if data analytics in football had really been a thing when I was still at education age.

…but…I couldn’t live on that wage as an adult (could anyone?) That’s only 500 more than I started on at Nationwide as a degreeless 18 year old in 2003!!

Just as a pointless stat - our head analyst was renting a room from my MIL last season. Dunno if he’s there again for this season…
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: