Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 835   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1187351 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #1995 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 13:22:02 »

I am starting to think the Town has been taken over by a Russian Oligarch. First we have had “Glasnost “ giving the fans “maximum openness and transparency” and now “Perestroika” where we seem to have a “reconstruction of our economic system”. The appointment of our management team and indeed our new players all seem like cheap options to me. Yes I know  we still have debts to pay and we owe Clem big time but I really don’t see the money we do have being spent with a view of going for promotion. I’m old school so playing fatigued players and following the stats models ain’t my thing I’m afraid. I hope I am wrong but I am starting to doubt our owners intentions.

I would agree- both managerial appointment and players this year have been cheap options. We should be challenging for autos this season and the fans expect no less.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1996 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 13:26:20 »

I am starting to think the Town has been taken over by a Russian Oligarch. First we have had “Glasnost “ giving the fans “maximum openness and transparency” and now “Perestroika” where we seem to have a “reconstruction of our economic system”. The appointment of our management team and indeed our new players all seem like cheap options to me. Yes I know  we still have debts to pay and we owe Clem big time but I really don’t see the money we do have being spent with a view of going for promotion. I’m old school so playing fatigued players and following the stats models ain’t my thing I’m afraid. I hope I am wrong but I am starting to doubt our owners intentions.

Wasn't it Power that had a five year plan though?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1997 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 13:44:25 »

I would agree- both managerial appointment and players this year have been cheap options. We should be challenging for autos this season and the fans expect no less.

Playing Devil's advocate, this could well be what sustainability looks like. Also we do have money to find for remaining debts and the ground purchase (that's gone quiet hasn't it?).

Clem isn't loaded, mot in football terms.

I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment, going to take a few results to show me otherwise.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1998 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 14:10:03 »

Even in full sustainability mode you would expect a team with 10k crowds to be able to finance an automatic promotion challenging squad in Div 4.  Even allowing for a couple of teams who are "funded" well beyond their means.

The broader model sits well with me, but only if you fund it sufficiently to achieve both long term growth in player sales on top of a squad to get out of this division.  I hope we haven't put the latter at risk.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1999 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 14:18:16 »

Even in full sustainability mode you would expect a team with 10k crowds to be able to finance an automatic promotion challenging squad in Div 4.  Even allowing for a couple of teams who are "funded" well beyond their means

Yes you would. Are we there yet though?

You would think we would improve over last year though.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #2000 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 14:53:33 »

I have been trying to put expectation aside and just look at the happenings since the play offs. Both Bens chose to leave a long term initiative. I don’t think we will ever know the reasons why ! A number of players also left for various reasons, I understand some we’re not offered new contracts and some we are told we’re offered very good terms but we ended up losing the core of the team that did so well last season. It’s my view that you need continuity at all levels within a football club to achieve improvement. I know this has already been discussed on here but whether it’s a Power five year plan or a Clem long term initiative neither seemed to work/will work with so much change going on. This seems to be the Swindon way so it’s no wonder some of us are getting disgruntled even if it’s only the first week of the new season.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #2001 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:00:47 »

BREAK: A judge has said a winding-up petition into
@Official_STFC
 should be dismissed.

Judge Stephen Baister ruled that the club were entitled to properly test Able's case that they should have paid back £100,000, something they couldn't do under a winding-up petition.

But...

Able have been granted permission to appeal and another firm, Centreplate UK, who are also owed money by the club have applied to take over the petition.

The case will be listed for the next available date in ten days’ time, where the judge will rule on whether to allow the substitution.

Meanwhile, he ordered Able to pay 75 per cent of the club’s legal costs.

That application will be decided at some point after 10 days.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20595473.swindon-town-fc-winding-up-petition-dismissed-judge-rules/

Power is really trying here.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #2002 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:05:46 »

@Official_STFC
 should be dismissed.

Judge Stephen Baister ruled that the club were entitled to properly test Able's case that they should have paid back £100,000, something they couldn't do under a winding-up petition.

But...

Able have been granted permission to appeal and another firm, Centreplate UK, who are also owed money by the club have applied to take over the petition.

The case will be listed for the next available date in ten days’ time, where the judge will rule on whether to allow the substitution.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/20595473.swindon-town-fc-winding-up-petition-dismissed-judge-rules/

Seems quite telling to me that the judge has dismissed it after all these trial dates. Was Centreplate the deal which Jed did or was this another Power one? Catering deal for 10 years or so....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2003 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:06:55 »

That sounds promising for the club. I thought the Centreplate (old catering company from Jed's wonder deal) issue was resolved mind.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2004 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:09:29 »

No surprise in relation to the debt claimed by 'Able'

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2005 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:11:53 »

@Official_STFC
 should be dismissed.

But...

So Centreplate are having a go at this winding up malarkey now?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2006 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:26:15 »

Centerplate, it's Centerplate (Adver)

Yup. Looks like it.

Centerplate presumably pissed off that they were ousted some time into the 10 year Jed deal  (or not
paid a severance. or.)

Nice to see Able get stiffed on costs though. Unlucky Curran/Power ..
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2007 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:30:50 »

Wasn't it Power that had a five year plan though?

Why, yes indeed he did now you mention it.

I think the thrust of it was allegedly, ‘to get to the championship using everyone else’s money try not to pay anything back and earn as much out of his ‘investment’ at Swindon Town as was possible until found out’. Largely succeeded by the look of things.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:33:56 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2008 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:37:46 »

This was from the June Advisory minutes:
https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/stfc-advisory-board-june-minutes-now-available/

CM noted EP’s apologies and provided the legal update. Discussions in respect of the debts with Centerplate continue with the aim to find an amicable settlement. DPDS debt now settled but legal costs remain in dispute. Alleged debts in respect of Jewell and Mercedes continue to be discussed. CM confirmed the latest re the Able contested debt and their winding up petition which is now adjourned to July ‘22.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2009 on: Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 15:42:17 »

Centerplate, it's Centerplate (Adver)

Yup. Looks like it.

Centerplate presumably pissed off that they were ousted some time into the 10 year Jed deal  (or not
paid a severance. or.)

Nice to see Able get stiffed on costs though. Unlucky Curran/Power ..

Do the club have to pick up the remaining 25%? It probably won't be a huge sum of money but given he's a hot shot lawyer aren't EP's fees going to be a fair amount given all these bloody court cases which are just dragging on and on?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 ... 835   Go Up
Print
Jump to: