Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 824   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1171432 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1755 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 09:33:44 »

10 days, i remember it well.
Absolutely, awful memories.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1756 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 09:40:07 »

Considering they would have had to become close acquaintances as part of the overall agenda to overthrow Power, and that Standing is no longer an agent, I feel it could be possible and potentially forgiven if Clem was taking general football advice from Standing from time to time, I.e players, infrastructure etc.
I can see why that would be a worry given the shady nature of the Power tenure, and its still some form of attachment to that era. Or if it is a scratching back scenario of I helped you get the club, now take X number of players from my previous agency - although I don't think I've noticed any first touch Pro clients with us on transfermarkt. Again, all very hypothetical, but some scenarios may not be as worrying as alluded to.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1757 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 10:24:04 »

My 10c worth - this is probably not the right time for this discussion, we have an important 2/3 weeks ahead (hopefully) but that doesn't take away that this is a valid and very important, and interesting discussion.

What I don't get is why, people have a problem with people asking the questions?  Surely all fans should welcome people questioning what it going on and asking for more transparency.  It's like a vicious circle sometimes reading these discussions. 

Everyone gets aggy with DOB asking for reasons behind his questions, some posters get aggy with the trust due to (understandable) historic mistrust, the trust (not publicly, but on here) gets aggy with posters for questioning the involvement of high level individuals within the club, which is what the trust is there for on the fans behalf.

All of the questions are valid and should be welcomed, whether individuals have information that has raised these questions shouldn't matter, let's face it, lots of people hear things or know things that they are not willing to divulge on a public forum, this includes posters and members of the trust. If the questions don't get asked then we are just going down the same path as previously. 

We are in a much better place than previously, everyone agrees with that, but that shouldn't mean that questions shouldn't be asked.  I just wish people would stop demanding answers to the reasons for the questions and that people would stop getting offended when the questions are asked - as fans, and based on what we have all been through, the more things that are questioned the better.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1758 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:01:15 »

My 10c worth - this is probably not the right time for this discussion, we have an important 2/3 weeks ahead (hopefully) but that doesn't take away that this is a valid and very important, and interesting discussion.

What I don't get is why, people have a problem with people asking the questions?  Surely all fans should welcome people questioning what it going on and asking for more transparency.  It's like a vicious circle sometimes reading these discussions. 

Everyone gets aggy with DOB asking for reasons behind his questions, some posters get aggy with the trust due to (understandable) historic mistrust, the trust (not publicly, but on here) gets aggy with posters for questioning the involvement of high level individuals within the club, which is what the trust is there for on the fans behalf.

All of the questions are valid and should be welcomed, whether individuals have information that has raised these questions shouldn't matter, let's face it, lots of people hear things or know things that they are not willing to divulge on a public forum, this includes posters and members of the trust. If the questions don't get asked then we are just going down the same path as previously. 

We are in a much better place than previously, everyone agrees with that, but that shouldn't mean that questions shouldn't be asked.  I just wish people would stop demanding answers to the reasons for the questions and that people would stop getting offended when the questions are asked - as fans, and based on what we have all been through, the more things that are questioned the better.

I don't think anyone has the issue with questions. It's when it's implying they know that there is murky going ons with cryptic crap or accuse the trust of not asking questions that people get a bit aggy.  Take DOB for example he clearly thinks he knows something but posts in riddles. Clem and Rob Angus have been on every social media platform going and answer the questions people ask. Someone posted the other day that they were concerned that Austin was appointed as chairman on the hush the other day when it was announced on the official website wasn't it? I think it's when people post cryptic and false things people probably get defensive
kaufman

« Reply #1759 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:09:39 »

I don't think anyone has the issue with questions. It's when it's implying they know that there is murky going ons with cryptic crap or accuse the trust of not asking questions that people get a bit aggy.  Take DOB for example he clearly thinks he knows something but posts in riddles. Clem and Rob Angus have been on every social media platform going and answer the questions people ask. Someone posted the other day that they were concerned that Austin was appointed as chairman on the hush the other day when it was announced on the official website wasn't it? I think it's when people post cryptic and false things people probably get defensive

Sorry? Austin announced as Chairman?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:11:31 »

I get that, but isn't the fact that (most) questions being asked are a good thing, irrelevant of the source of those questions?  People getting wound up about ITK implications (which we have seen on here for years) doesn't take anything away from the fact that I would like to know what the response is to that question, and on the flip side doesn't need people getting offended that the question has been asked in the first place.

Most of us are long in the tooth now, and if we still can't get away from getting wound up with the existence of ITKers then we are no better than the twitterati that love to go fishing on a daily basis.  For me, it just disrupts what is a needed, whorthwhile and interesting discussion/debate.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:11:45 »

vice
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1762 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:14:40 »

Without travelling back through hundreds of posts and debate, could someone summarise what the questions of concern and are outstanding actually are?

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:21:51 »

We are on a web forum!

We are all a bunch if weirdos!

Of course people are going to have weird and whacky views and get upset at the slightest thing!

Personally, I'd like to know:
- Is Mr X Austin dodgy?
- What are we trying to gain from Pakistan?
- Is Mr Standing involved in/with the club?
- Are we going to be screwed by the FA?

I am reassured by:
- Rob Angus being former Trust and a big fan being involved with putting the club on a firm footing.
- Things appearing to be going right on and off the pitch

I am hopeful that:
- The will be no new sleezy revelations and surprises
- We do well in the playoffs
- We can kick on next year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1764 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:24:07 »

Without travelling back through hundreds of posts and debate, could someone summarise what the questions of concern and are outstanding actually are?

It's 64 posts - including 2 posts about Mystic Meg. Just read them you lazy oaf.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:32:29 »

The PSC register on companies house is clear that Clem is the ultimate controlling party.

Swindon Town Football Company Limited is owned by Seebeck 87 Limited, which is owned by Swinton Reds 20 Limited, which is owned by Axis Football Investments Limited, which is owned by Clem Morfuni.

It's a mess of holding companies but the ownership is fairly clear.

However, whether anyone has a loan outstanding against any of those companies is not clear. But that's a different matter.

As I understand it, the question has been asked by others whether there are beneficial owners other than CM. 

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1766 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:35:34 »

It's 64 posts - including 2 posts about Mystic Meg. Just read them you lazy oaf.
Am I the only one who checked back to see if it was exactly 64 posts?

You could have just said page 113!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1767 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:37:30 »

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is the capital of Assyria?

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1768 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:38:25 »

That's no way to speak to a Trust Board member.  Cheesy

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1769 on: Thursday, May 12, 2022, 11:41:54 »

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is the capital of Assyria?

African or European? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 824   Go Up
Print
Jump to: