Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123375 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1725 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:44:14 »

I am a little confused and concerned by the suggestion that CM isn't the sole owner/controller of our club. ZA is responsible for special projects and financially has nothing to do with the club. CM owns the club.

I don’t know how many of us think this… . More alarmed as to why he’s been made our vice chairman without any official announcement? Why was it done so quietly and on the hush. Was the advisory board aware of it and the announcement being kept quiet? If so, why did the advisory board keep quiet?  (I don’t think much of this advisory board for what it’s worth, just seems a tick box, dunno about others) The mystique around his appointment and this whole venture with a team in Karachi that doesn’t seem to exist are two valid reasons why people might be a tad skeptical…

For what’s it’s worth, I hope he’s the messiah and helps us go up the divisions one way or another.
Sunday can’t come soon enough.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1726 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:47:45 »

Hadn't it been established that wasn't allowed? Or is he no longer an agent?

This is Swindon Town and whether Standing in no longer an agent he was before.
He is still owned money after all and everyone was friends once upon a time.
Are the Trust all over this, they should be.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1727 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:52:34 »

If you know something - why don’t you just say it?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1728 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:53:56 »

I don’t know how many of us think this… . More alarmed as to why he’s been made our vice chairman without any official announcement? Why was it done so quietly and on the hush. Was the advisory board aware of it and the announcement being kept quiet? If so, why did the advisory board keep quiet?  (I don’t think much of this advisory board for what it’s worth, just seems a tick box, dunno about others) The mystique around his appointment and this whole venture with a team in Karachi that doesn’t seem to exist are two valid reasons why people might be a tad skeptical…

For what’s it’s worth, I hope he’s the messiah and helps us go up the divisions one way or another.
Sunday can’t come soon enough.

There was an official statement - https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/ and he's done some media (Monday Night Club etc.)

I think his appointment predates the existence of the advisory board (as he sits on it) so I'm not really sure what they would have said about it.

Would definitely like more clarity on his role and involvement (and suspect the Trust must have at least asked behind the scenes and been satisfied), but not sure it's been as hush hush as your post makes out.

The Standing stuff is all going to trial over the summer right? Imagine much more will come out then.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:57:49 by Nemo » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1729 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 17:49:01 »

Fuck me you lot know how to bring down the mood.

The Comms have been there, can they all be independently verified with the info available - no.  None of us have Scoobies (apart from the Duke  Cheesy).   

If you want to worry about this shit in playoff week of all weeks, then you have no joy in your life.

If it does finally go to court I imagine all the shit and more will be aired for all to see and then we can properly scrutinise the setup at the top and the role of individuals. Until then there it's in in the realms of speculation and conspiracy theory.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 17:52:33 by Pookemon » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1730 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 17:55:55 »

I am a little confused and concerned by the suggestion that CM isn't the sole owner/controller of our club. ZA is responsible for special projects and financially has nothing to do with the club. CM owns the club.

Legally and beneficially?

Nothing to see here
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1731 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 18:02:41 »

Oh i know sorry i was trying to get an understanding of what he was trying to imply.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1732 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 18:16:50 »

while I think there is a conversation to be had here, I think it's a fair point to say the timing can wait until after the POs.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1733 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 18:52:03 »

Fuck me you lot know how to bring down the mood.

The Comms have been there, can they all be independently verified with the info available - no.  None of us have Scoobies (apart from the Duke  Cheesy).   

If you want to worry about this shit in playoff week of all weeks, then you have no joy in your life.

If it does finally go to court I imagine all the shit and more will be aired for all to see and then we can properly scrutinise the setup at the top and the role of individuals. Until then there it's in in the realms of speculation and conspiracy theory.

I’m not worried about it, all about enjoying my football again.
1990 left scars and that taught me one lesson, there is nothing you can do about it.

We Supporters only have two choices, go or don’t go.
I came very close to turning my back on football for good after that.
This season has been enjoyable and it’s far from over.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1734 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 18:59:41 »

If you know something - why don’t you just say it?
I agree
Far too many people suggesting , that's easy anyone can do that. If you know something state it.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1735 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 19:00:21 »

Did the Trust ever complete any full diligence checks into ZA? Y/N answer.
Yes
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1736 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 19:01:26 »

Yes he is owed money, but by LP
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1737 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 19:04:23 »

Or Michael Standing himself.

Well I was trying to leave the *ahem* question up for interpretation  Wink

Edit: Which has been glossed over and ignored.

Why do I feel like the Trust has become more of a sort of "yes man" to the club? Just a hunch, don't slaughter me for it but it seems all rather nodding of heads and all is rosy when it really isn't.

The club (and Trust) can't expect us to just roll over when a statement is made (as nice as that is) and accept everything that is said. There has been this lingering vibe about the club since Clem (and possible A N Other(s) ) took over that they are the only ones going through tough financial situations. Well hell-to the fucking-o, just about every human has felt the impact of the last couple of years (and continue to do so). Did they forget that when shamelessly pleading with folk to defer season ticket refunds? When they didn't they put a pressing vibe across that made those people feel guilty for not doing so - dug their heels in when issuing said refunds and had more stalls than the Royal Albert Hall. Like for fuck sake. Fans have still come out in numbers and yet STFC have still been quite cunty about things like this.

Contrasting STFC quotes that follow mean is it any wonder folk still are concerned:

"You need to do your bit to help turn it around" (granted but don't guilt trip your core support)
"We can pay £7m to cover all debts" (Well... Unsure )
"We're asking fans to defer ST refunds - we'll give you the equivalent discount of a roll of PTFE tape from Clem's Overstocks"*
"You've got your Club back" (hmm, have we?!)

Some people can just see through stuff and anyone buying this club should be aware that STFC fans whilst loyal to their club will not put up with another owner that puts them through a load more shite; more importantly so - they can see when things aren't quite "right" due to years of mismanagement/poor ownership.

Anyway, I agree with Sir Batchio though that this should maybe wait until after the POs but the Trust shouldn't be continually defending the club every time someone asks a pressing question, just because one of their main buddies now happens to be CEO - otherwise your role as Trust becomes rather pointless; a bit like those Tick Box Advisory Board Meetings...

*The second part of this was made up. It's actually 3 rolls  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 19:37:45 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1738 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 20:27:07 »

Yes he is owed money, but by LP

Is he part of the club now though?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1739 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 20:38:08 »

Is he part of the club now though?

Shareholder, director (exec or non exec) or an employee?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: