Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123106 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1710 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 15:23:57 »

We wont be debt free as clubs at this level are not debt free, but hopefully we can get to a point where low investment is needed, and if we can sell a player a season or pick up sell on clauses here and there then that helps with running costs and budgets.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 15:31:57 »

Lord? Baron? Kingpin? Wink
Laundry Manager?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1712 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 15:32:48 »

The new owners have got their absolute dream 1st season. Record crowds, high season ticket sales, premier league team in cup run, additional playoff fixtures and potential high sell on fees (twine). At our level it genuinely can not get any better than that.
We haven't had the above go our way for many years and lets hope we can get the true benefit of it

They have, but they have also had to put in a shit load of cash up front to get us up and running and facilitate the operation of the business. One would suggest that projections for 2022-23 will look better than they did but they may not necessarily mean more investment in the playing staff.

We wont be debt free as clubs at this level are not debt free, but hopefully we can get to a point where low investment is needed, and if we can sell a player a season or pick up sell on clauses here and there then that helps with running costs and budgets.

Pretty much no business is debt free and has it been clear in what way Clem has been funding the business i.e. loans etc and how he intends to protect his investments in the long term?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 16:04:31 »

I'm sure the P&L for this season looks a bit better than the new owners expected it to be at the end of the first season. With the chance of promotion, and the ground purchase there is the potential for real progress in sorting out the club's future financially by continuing on field progress, and investing in non match day income streams.

There will be big clubs left in L1, especially if Wycombe can get up, who will bring big away contingents. As will Oxford and Rovers. I'm feeling hopeful for the club.

Shame about the rest of the shitshow that passes for a country, but you can't have everything at once I guess.

..never go back.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1714 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 16:05:32 »

I still think Austin is a lot more than just vice chairman….

I think you are getting warmer.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 20:07:50 »

Laundry Manager?

Haha
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1716 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 15:00:33 »

I think you are getting warmer.
Are you suggesting that Multi Millionaire of a global business is sat at CG doing 12 hour shifts for Mr Austin
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #1717 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 15:22:35 »

Are you suggesting that Multi Millionaire of a global business is sat at CG doing 12 hour shifts for Mr Austin
I am a little confused and concerned by the suggestion that CM isn't the sole owner/controller of our club. ZA is responsible for special projects and financially has nothing to do with the club. CM owns the club.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:14:41 »

On the face of it maybe James but I think most involved with football in many capacities (including fans) aren't so naive to think that what lays on the surface is the full depth of things - Not least with STFC.

Can you categorically confirm that there aren't any private investors behind Clem Formuni? Let's say, someone similar to Michael Standing?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #1719 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:16:07 »

I am a little confused and concerned by the suggestion that CM isn't the sole owner/controller of our club. ZA is responsible for special projects and financially has nothing to do with the club. CM owns the club.

Did the Trust ever complete any full diligence checks into ZA? Y/N answer.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:28:09 »

Eh up, the threads gone all Susanna Reid all of a sudden..  I like..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1721 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:29:45 »

Some very important question too.

Its a Swindon fans natural right to be defensive and sceptical when it comes to new owners after the shit we have been through.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1722 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:33:34 »

did ZA pass/fail the directors test?

After Power of course people will be on tenterhooks. Especially as Austin has a past*

* Not saying he's not reformed. Don't know the guy at all
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1723 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:38:50 »

On the face of it maybe James but I think most involved with football in many capacities (including fans) aren't so naive to think that what lays on the surface is the full depth of things - Not least with STFC.

Can you categorically confirm that there aren't any private investors behind Clem Formuni? Let's say, someone similar to Michael Standing?

Or Michael Standing himself.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2022, 16:42:22 »

Or Michael Standing himself.

Hadn't it been established that wasn't allowed? Or is he no longer an agent?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: