Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122614 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:36:16 »

Nobody will come out of this club squeaky clean even more so the funding.

Not asking for clarity, but I hope that means historic, but I suspect the first bit means current too.

eek.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:39:20 »

I think most of the fan base need to adopt a new fan attitude to complement the new ownership. As someone else rightly said many of the fans demanding a bigger playing budget/lower prices  lose their shit because the club is trying to maximise its income from its only customers - the fans.

If Clem is to be believed (and I believe him) STFC is being run as a not for profit organisation. Otherwise known as a charity.
That's the mindset the fans need to adopt for now IMO.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:02:00 »

Nobody will come out of this club squeaky clean even more so the funding.

Unfortunately that could well be true. Could easily argue even now the source of funding to the club hasn’t really changed from the days of Power, just the front man.  Will be interesting how much detail comes out in the court case with regards to some of non-execs and lurkers in the background.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:07:51 »

Talking of which, did Zav's application for "board membership" (director?) get rejected by the EFL, or is it ongoing?

Its all gone very quiet on that. Obviusly he's still involved and around.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:09:39 »

STFC seems to have had more twists and turns than Silverstone.

Suggest we were all aware Di Canio's would end in tears and his reign was a train crash waiting to happen. Surely no one could have thought it would take this long and could be as big as it appears.

Really hope that this wheeling and dealing including double dealing is coming to an end and some stable times are coming in the future.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:13:00 »

Talking of which, did Zav's application for "board membership" (director?) get rejected by the EFL, or is it ongoing?

Its all gone very quiet on that. Obviusly he's still involved and around.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/
He’s very much still involved, last thing I heard he was in Karachi earlier in the month meeting some politicians to support football over there, they referred to him as Swindon Town vice chairman.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:17:37 »

My reasoning in bringing up the Di Canio period was surely if Town had gotten a more conventional manager during this period possibly just possibly Black would not have thrown his toys out the pram and open the club up to Jed and his peers and then chancer Power could have been owning Rochdale or better still the Pox.

Such a shame really. COYMRs
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1312 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 11:22:43 »

I was under the impression that Clem Morfuni and Austin were the guys who made the FA aware of what was going on once they realised
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 14:17:11 »

Thats what i thought too? Wasnt it pretty much confirmed thats how Zav Austin ended up getting beaten up?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 15:51:57 »

Thats what i thought too? Wasnt it pretty much confirmed thats how Zav Austin ended up getting beaten up?

Exactly what I understood, hopefully the FA / FL (eventually) will be lenient on the club when the time comes for this and many other reasons.

The next exciting instalment is January with the Able court case, hopefully having to explain their potentially interesting ownership and why they are using different vehicles to put in their non refundable deposit
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 08:55:40 »

Exactly what I understood, hopefully the FA / FL (eventually) will be lenient on the club when the time comes for this and many other reasons.

The next exciting instalment is January with the Able court case, hopefully having to explain their potentially interesting ownership and why they are using different vehicles to put in their non refundable deposit

All fuelled by Lee Power and his retribution “clause.”
Unsavoury characters these people.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 20:49:26 »

All fuelled by Lee Power and his retribution “clause.”
Unsavoury characters these people.

Unsavoury? Me thinks you’re being to generous Duke.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 20:56:53 »

I see the club have asked the supporters club for 'volunteer stewards' for upcoming games. Bit of a liberty when we were sold increased stewarding costs as a reason for increased Man City tickets  Hmmm
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: Friday, December 31, 2021, 18:14:44 »

I'm considering asking for a refund now. The customer service is absolutely shocking and is winding me up big time lately.
I ordered the 3rd kit for my son within seconds it went on sale and they still haven't despatched it. Obliviously I want it for Christmas for him, but I'm expecting another fuck up like last year when I didn't receive any till late January despite ordering again within seconds it went on sale (August last year). Surely you work through who orders it first.
If I don't hear nothing by Monday, I will pressure for it.
So pissed off to keep giving them my money with shit service.

Still no shirt or communication. I just bet they kept selling the shirts before fulling orders first, now sold out online  
and to also make worse Christmas, the boy and the wife had covid. (both fine, thankfully)
But the lack of communication and honestly does fuck me off, just reply.   Suicide
« Last Edit: Friday, December 31, 2021, 19:46:11 by blinkpip » Logged

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
china red

« Reply #1319 on: Friday, December 31, 2021, 18:44:47 »

The shirts are tiny, mine was 6 odd inches too short, fine girth wise but sits around my belly button in length
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: