Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - Fresh Start  (Read 131752 times)
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:41:47 »

Depends what offers they get in the summer I suppose. If someone comes in willing to pay £2-£5m you probably feel you have to take it. He could break his leg in the first game of the next season and that money would be gone.

The known suitors are Swansea and Forest and they are unlikely to be putting up anything like that kind of money would they? I would have thought they likely go about as high as £1 mill? The good thing is Franchise only get 80% of that money so they are going to want to get that fee as high as they possibly can which benefits us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:29:03 »

Depends what offers they get in the summer I suppose. If someone comes in willing to pay £2-£5m you probably feel you have to take it. He could break his leg in the first game of the next season and that money would be gone.

ďSurely he will be worth more than that in a year or so the way he has been playing, you would think they would be mad to cash in now having only signed him 6 months agoĒ

Depends on the mindset of the owners at MK. Scott Twine will have little (not none, but little) say in the matter. If they are building a credible team to take them to the championship heíd likely as not be touted by the club or Scottís agent. If theyíre up for a quick Buck then the opposite is likely. Scott will just want to play as often as he can and let his boots do the talking. As for breaking his leg!! Oh youíre a cheerful cunt arenít you? Of course he could, equally he could next season bag 20+ goals for Franchise, I really donít think the leg breaking possibilities would be a factor in his near term future and I doubt Aberdeen, Clem and Garner will be planning this transfer window or next seasons player procurement on the back of any monies the club may or may not get from MK and the sell on clause.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:05:27 »

The known suitors are Swansea and Forest and they are unlikely to be putting up anything like that kind of money would they? I would have thought they likely go about as high as £1 mill? The good thing is Franchise only get 80% of that money so they are going to want to get that fee as high as they possibly can which benefits us.
I've got no idea who is interested or what they can afford, but with Twine being touted as one of the top players in L1 this year the figures I mentioned aren't toally unthinkable. If the sum was nearer £1m then the decision might not be so clear cut, but if were top end of L1 I doub't we'd be turning that kind of money down for anyone.

As for breaking his leg!! Oh youíre a cheerful cunt arenít you? Of course he could, equally he could next season bag 20+ goals for Franchise, I really donít think the leg breaking possibilities would be a factor in his near term future

Clearly my wild hypothetical scenario has riled you. Not sure why. But there are plenty of equally less dramatic possibilities. He struggles with niggly injuries which hamper his form and put people off buying. Squad changes over the summer don't really work to his strengths. MK go up and he doesn't quite cut it in the Champioship... All of these would detract from the fee they could get, hence taking the money while it's there.

I doubt Aberdeen, Clem and Garner will be planning this transfer window or next seasons player procurement on the back of any monies the club may or may not get from MK and the sell on clause.
Agreed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:30:49 »

I've got no idea who is interested or what they can afford, but with Twine being touted as one of the top players in L1 this year the figures I mentioned aren't toally unthinkable. If the sum was nearer £1m then the decision might not be so clear cut, but if were top end of L1 I doub't we'd be turning that kind of money down for anyone.

Aren't dongs short of cash anyway so cashing in could be too hard to resist?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:47:45 »

Clearly my wild hypothetical scenario has riled you. Not sure why. But there are plenty of equally less dramatic possibilities. He struggles with niggly injuries which hamper his form and put people off buying. Squad changes over the summer don't really work to his strengths. MK go up and he doesn't quite cut it in the Champioship... All of these would detract from the fee they could get, hence taking the money while it's there.
Agreed.

Riled?. Clearly?, you think? Nah, Iím just taking the piss, I donít really care TBH.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:53:09 »

Agreed.

Well, if your hypothesis is in the right direction why buy him if he is injury prone and summer reshuffles donít suit him? Iíd have thought that being the case other more savvy clubs wouldnít touch him with a barge pole on that basis so cashing in is going to be very a limited possibility surely?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 15:27:53 »

Well, if your hypothesis is in the right direction why buy him if he is injury prone and summer reshuffles donít suit him? Iíd have thought that being the case other more savvy clubs wouldnít touch him with a barge pole on that basis so cashing in is going to be very a limited possibility surely?

It's got nothing to do with being injury prone, as you well know. Simply that the offer of money now versus the uncertainty of the future is hard to resist, especially in a climate where many clubs have been starved of income. Very few clubs in League 1 can turn down a 7-figure offer in the hope of getting more further down the line.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 17:19:18 »

It's got nothing to do with being injury prone, as you well know. Simply that the offer of money now versus the uncertainty of the future is hard to resist, especially in a climate where many clubs have been starved of income. Very few clubs in League 1 can turn down a 7-figure offer in the hope of getting more further down the line.
Power allegedly did this with Kasim & that didn't end well.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 11:31:21 »

Anyone heard anything more about ST refunds, wasnít it supposed to happen in January?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:04:53 »

my mate who was looking for a refund hasn't.

didn't get 'the call' either, but he may not have put his phone number on file

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
Peter Venkman
Clem is a rising tide that lifts all boats.

Back Off Man, Iím A Scientist.

« Reply #1345 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:08:16 »

my mate who was looking for a refund hasn't.

didn't get 'the call' either, but he may not have put his phone number on file
Your mate Wink Cheesy

Why Worry, Each One Of Us Is Carrying An Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator On His Back.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 12:40:36 »

I think I moaned enough about the man city ticket prices for you to know it genuinly isn't me.

besides, I've got a 'I'm a better fan than Posh'  T-Shirt the club sent me as a thank-you

(only joking posh, I don't blame anyone for asking for money back. the handling of this has been poweresque)

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 13:05:44 »

Interestingly I asked if I could have a credit for home tickets so I could bring my Dad along to some games.

This was what Iíd requested for the refund for ST & away tickets from the previous season, which got written off.

But even for that Iíve heard nothing.

PS. I have found a way to save almost two grand a year though, donít go to home games Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: Friday, January 14, 2022, 13:45:18 »

sounds a very pragmatic compromise

hopefully you'll get some comms soon

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: Thursday, January 20, 2022, 16:43:13 »

I'll tell you what, credit where credit is due barely a day seems to go by without another commercial partner for the club being announced, even if they are not paying a fortune its really helping to swell the coffers and get the club out there.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91   Go Up
Print
Jump to: