Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122790 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 07:07:49 »

Can you interpret for those of us in the tl;dr camp? With zero chance STFC will train at a Pee Lower-owned facility, doesn’t the sports centre become a large white elephant?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 08:16:40 »

Can you interpret for those of us in the tl;dr camp? With zero chance STFC will train at a Pee Lower-owned facility, doesn’t the sports centre become a large white elephant?

Without knowing what I'm talking about, I read it as refusal of training ground = no one cares, refusal of houses = haha Power you thieving cunt.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 10:53:04 »

Basically recommended refusal of all of Power's plans. The homes will hit him the hardest.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1338 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 12:48:12 »

I see that Scott Twine is already being touted by Swansea as a prospective signing this window for around £1m with MKD cashing in quickly, he would link up with the manager that signed him for MKD originally Russell Martin.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 15:04:54 »

I see that Scott Twine is already being touted by Swansea as a prospective signing this window for around £1m with MKD cashing in quickly, he would link up with the manager that signed him for MKD originally Russell Martin.

Another £200k on top of the £300k we're already getting for Twine would be good business.

Added to the Man City revenue, it's such a good feeling that this will be going towards paying debts rather than the fat controllers prostitute fund.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 16:49:58 »

I see that new Articles of Association were adopted by STFC Ltd on the 20th December 2021. These can now be viewed on the CH website.
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00053100/filing-history
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 14:22:45 »

Another £200k on top of the £300k we're already getting for Twine would be good business.

Added to the Man City revenue, it's such a good feeling that this will be going towards paying debts rather than the fat controllers prostitute fund.

Surely he will be worth more than that in a year or so the way he has been playing, you would think they would be mad to cash in now having only signed him 6 months ago
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:01:42 »

Got the refund for my Walsall ticket back in my bank today. Found the whole process easy and the club provided good communication by email.

Credit where it's due.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:39:18 »

Surely he will be worth more than that in a year or so the way he has been playing, you would think they would be mad to cash in now having only signed him 6 months ago
Depends what offers they get in the summer I suppose. If someone comes in willing to pay £2-£5m you probably feel you have to take it. He could break his leg in the first game of the next season and that money would be gone.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:41:47 »

Depends what offers they get in the summer I suppose. If someone comes in willing to pay £2-£5m you probably feel you have to take it. He could break his leg in the first game of the next season and that money would be gone.

The known suitors are Swansea and Forest and they are unlikely to be putting up anything like that kind of money would they? I would have thought they likely go about as high as £1 mill? The good thing is Franchise only get 80% of that money so they are going to want to get that fee as high as they possibly can which benefits us.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:29:03 »

“Surely he will be worth more than that in a year or so the way he has been playing, you would think they would be mad to cash in now having only signed him 6 months ago”

Depends on the mindset of the owners at MK. Scott Twine will have little (not none, but little) say in the matter. If they are building a credible team to take them to the championship he’d likely as not be touted by the club or Scott’s agent. If they’re up for a quick Buck then the opposite is likely. Scott will just want to play as often as he can and let his boots do the talking. As for breaking his leg!! Oh you’re a cheerful cunt aren’t you? Of course he could, equally he could next season bag 20+ goals for Franchise, I really don’t think the leg breaking possibilities would be a factor in his near term future and I doubt Aberdeen, Clem and Garner will be planning this transfer window or next seasons player procurement on the back of any monies the club may or may not get from MK and the sell on clause.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 13:05:27 »

The known suitors are Swansea and Forest and they are unlikely to be putting up anything like that kind of money would they? I would have thought they likely go about as high as £1 mill? The good thing is Franchise only get 80% of that money so they are going to want to get that fee as high as they possibly can which benefits us.
I've got no idea who is interested or what they can afford, but with Twine being touted as one of the top players in L1 this year the figures I mentioned aren't toally unthinkable. If the sum was nearer £1m then the decision might not be so clear cut, but if were top end of L1 I doub't we'd be turning that kind of money down for anyone.

As for breaking his leg!! Oh you’re a cheerful cunt aren’t you? Of course he could, equally he could next season bag 20+ goals for Franchise, I really don’t think the leg breaking possibilities would be a factor in his near term future

Clearly my wild hypothetical scenario has riled you. Not sure why. But there are plenty of equally less dramatic possibilities. He struggles with niggly injuries which hamper his form and put people off buying. Squad changes over the summer don't really work to his strengths. MK go up and he doesn't quite cut it in the Champioship... All of these would detract from the fee they could get, hence taking the money while it's there.

I doubt Aberdeen, Clem and Garner will be planning this transfer window or next seasons player procurement on the back of any monies the club may or may not get from MK and the sell on clause.
Agreed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:30:49 »

I've got no idea who is interested or what they can afford, but with Twine being touted as one of the top players in L1 this year the figures I mentioned aren't toally unthinkable. If the sum was nearer £1m then the decision might not be so clear cut, but if were top end of L1 I doub't we'd be turning that kind of money down for anyone.

Aren't dongs short of cash anyway so cashing in could be too hard to resist?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:47:45 »

Clearly my wild hypothetical scenario has riled you. Not sure why. But there are plenty of equally less dramatic possibilities. He struggles with niggly injuries which hamper his form and put people off buying. Squad changes over the summer don't really work to his strengths. MK go up and he doesn't quite cut it in the Champioship... All of these would detract from the fee they could get, hence taking the money while it's there.
Agreed.

Riled?. Clearly?, you think? Nah, I’m just taking the piss, I don’t really care TBH.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 14:53:09 »

Agreed.

Well, if your hypothesis is in the right direction why buy him if he is injury prone and summer reshuffles don’t suit him? I’d have thought that being the case other more savvy clubs wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole on that basis so cashing in is going to be very a limited possibility surely?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: