Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 137   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - Fresh Start  (Read 255500 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:23:24 »

the old adage: how do you become a millionaire in football?

start by being a billionaire
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:57:36 »

If it ends up happening I still think refunds for the City match could be a early defining moment. If they try to wriggle out of or delay refunds then I think a lot of fans will rightly lose patience and questions will need to be answered.

Iím hoping they are being sensible and putting all the ticket money for the City game to one side until the match is played so that it is readily available for refunds should it be required. If they arenít then that raises its own questions about how the club is being runÖ.
Jimmy QuitMoaning

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 11:00:32 »

On the plus side with interest rates going up 0.1% last week there's a little profit to be made!

Just getting my shit up together
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 12:32:26 »

that's fair enough Duke. I'm not having a pop, he was literally the only show in town anyway

I get he doesn't have pockets to offset a seasons debts.

what isn't clear is how close to the line we are in day to day operations terms.

I guess things should improve over time on that front

I know you werenít mate.
The biggest challenge of the lot remains when the Courts unearth the true ownership details.
Until the Case is over we are not out of the woods by any any stretch of the imagination.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 14:03:40 »

The biggest challenge of the lot remains when the Courts unearth the true ownership details.
Christ if the true ownership details come out anything could happen, not even sure Clem comes out of it squeaky clean if that happens.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:07:02 »

Christ if the true ownership details come out anything could happen, not even sure Clem comes out of it squeaky clean if that happens.

Nobody will come out of this club squeaky clean even more so the funding.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:36:16 »

Not asking for clarity, but I hope that means historic, but I suspect the first bit means current too.

eek.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:39:20 »

I think most of the fan base need to adopt a new fan attitude to complement the new ownership. As someone else rightly said many of the fans demanding a bigger playing budget/lower prices  lose their shit because the club is trying to maximise its income from its only customers - the fans.

If Clem is to be believed (and I believe him) STFC is being run as a not for profit organisation. Otherwise known as a charity.
That's the mindset the fans need to adopt for now IMO.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:02:00 »

Unfortunately that could well be true. Could easily argue even now the source of funding to the club hasnít really changed from the days of Power, just the front man.  Will be interesting how much detail comes out in the court case with regards to some of non-execs and lurkers in the background.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:07:51 »

Talking of which, did Zav's application for "board membership" (director?) get rejected by the EFL, or is it ongoing?

Its all gone very quiet on that. Obviusly he's still involved and around.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:09:39 »

STFC seems to have had more twists and turns than Silverstone.

Suggest we were all aware Di Canio's would end in tears and his reign was a train crash waiting to happen. Surely no one could have thought it would take this long and could be as big as it appears.

Really hope that this wheeling and dealing including double dealing is coming to an end and some stable times are coming in the future.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:13:00 »

Talking of which, did Zav's application for "board membership" (director?) get rejected by the EFL, or is it ongoing?

Its all gone very quiet on that. Obviusly he's still involved and around.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/
Heís very much still involved, last thing I heard he was in Karachi earlier in the month meeting some politicians to support football over there, they referred to him as Swindon Town vice chairman.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 10:17:37 »

My reasoning in bringing up the Di Canio period was surely if Town had gotten a more conventional manager during this period possibly just possibly Black would not have thrown his toys out the pram and open the club up to Jed and his peers and then chancer Power could have been owning Rochdale or better still the Pox.

Such a shame really. COYMRs
Shrivvy Road

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 11:22:43 »

I was under the impression that Clem Morfuni and Austin were the guys who made the FA aware of what was going on once they realised
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 14:17:11 »

Thats what i thought too? Wasnt it pretty much confirmed thats how Zav Austin ended up getting beaten up?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 137   Go Up
Print
Jump to: