Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122683 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 08:17:53 »

some of it does make sense sort of. I also worry the financial situation is far worse than we know/has been made public. I put this to someone in a chat the other day.

as bamboo said (I think!), lots of little things cumulating to make me wonder.

but equally, it could be the  'count every penny' mode that some would say is good business practice
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 08:48:38 »

Fans need to stop thinking Clem is super rich he is not.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 09:30:26 »

Fair enough Duke, but hopefully he has sufficient resources to continue to effectively manage down the historic debt and underwrite the ongoing operating losses that go with owning a lower league club. Otherwise I can see issues further down the line and angst amongst some of our less less patient fan base.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #1293 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 09:37:54 »

I don't think Clem has ever claimed to be super rich. He was able to provide evidence to the courts that he had the funds to save the club. I thought his stance was that there is no reason that STFC can't be self sustaining and turn a profit once the CG has been developed (and provided that club funds are not allegedly used to support lifestyles).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1294 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 09:44:30 »

I'd imagine Clem is removing/amending the clauses that Power inserted and fucked himself over with.

That was my thought....

but equally, it could be the  'count every penny' mode that some would say is good business practice

These are interlinked insofar as I suspect that whilst Clem is undoubtedly wealthy compared to us plebs, he is probably not that wealthy in football ownership terms.

As it stand we have club/business that appears unable to wash its face on day to day revenues and thus saving a pound here and a pound there is vital to getting it back on its feet again so if you know that you can get volunteers to come and help at the club shop it saves paying out for a paid member of staff to do so.

Its the age old football supporter argument, 'why on why won't the owner pay £250k for a striker' quickly followed by 'they have put the burgers up by 10p the thieving bastards'!

Fair enough Duke, but hopefully he has sufficient resources to continue to effectively manage down the historic debt and underwrite the ongoing operating losses that go with owning a lower league club. Otherwise I can see issues further down the line and angst amongst some of our less less patient fan base.

Which the advisory board minutes continue to show he does, and saving where they can will help speed that process. As noted previously a key matter must be getting the CCJ settled as that will allow the business to operate on a much stronger footing moving forward.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 09:49:43 »

that's fair enough Duke. I'm not having a pop, he was literally the only show in town anyway

I get he doesn't have pockets to offset a seasons debts.

what isn't clear is how close to the line we are in day to day operations terms.

I guess things should improve over time on that front
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1296 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 09:57:46 »

some of it does make sense sort of. I also worry the financial situation is far worse than we know/has been made public. I put this to someone in a chat the other day.

as bamboo said (I think!), lots of little things cumulating to make me wonder.

The first day he walked in he asked for the receipts from the pens they had just bought from Tesco. He wants to run us properly and in his opinion, rightly or wrongly that includes maximizing every single opportunity we get financially. When you look at the staff we have bought in and the money spent on new gym gear and nutritionists and the away travel all being in order i think it all leads to being run properly.

Ticketing issues are a fucking joke down there but ultimately the issues, unfortunately, are from the system itself not the actual ticketing procedure. Where they have not helped themselves is communicating and also  allowing  extra tickets per person.

Clem has put in alot and just find it unfair when you start to see people start abusing him saying he is no different etc from previous owners. Don't get me wrong there is so much they have to improve on and lots of mistakes have been made but i think we are in a better position than some give us credit for

That's not a pop at you or anyone on here as such either tbf  but he has been getting a fair bit on social media
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:01:18 by Shrivvy Road » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 09:59:33 »

a good reply shrivvy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1298 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:20:21 »

Absolutely, hes a very rich man by our standards but not by any means in the great scheme of wealthiness.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:23:24 »

the old adage: how do you become a millionaire in football?

start by being a billionaire
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 10:57:36 »

If it ends up happening I still think refunds for the City match could be a early defining moment. If they try to wriggle out of or delay refunds then I think a lot of fans will rightly lose patience and questions will need to be answered.

I’m hoping they are being sensible and putting all the ticket money for the City game to one side until the match is played so that it is readily available for refunds should it be required. If they aren’t then that raises its own questions about how the club is being run….
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 11:00:32 »

On the plus side with interest rates going up 0.1% last week there's a little profit to be made!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 12:32:26 »

that's fair enough Duke. I'm not having a pop, he was literally the only show in town anyway

I get he doesn't have pockets to offset a seasons debts.

what isn't clear is how close to the line we are in day to day operations terms.

I guess things should improve over time on that front

I know you weren’t mate.
The biggest challenge of the lot remains when the Courts unearth the true ownership details.
Until the Case is over we are not out of the woods by any any stretch of the imagination.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1303 on: Tuesday, December 21, 2021, 14:03:40 »

The biggest challenge of the lot remains when the Courts unearth the true ownership details.
Christ if the true ownership details come out anything could happen, not even sure Clem comes out of it squeaky clean if that happens.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: Wednesday, December 22, 2021, 09:07:02 »

Christ if the true ownership details come out anything could happen, not even sure Clem comes out of it squeaky clean if that happens.

Nobody will come out of this club squeaky clean even more so the funding.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: