Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123193 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:34:57 »

Especially when the amount we’ll be talking in total will be minor in terms of the clubs overall debts

Exactly this, if you had a full price ST it’s only about £120 per person after they have taken off the £230 for ifollow codes (whether you used them or not)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:50:30 »

Club have been excellent on comms so far, but that feels like a misstep.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1067 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 08:51:13 »

Maybe the owners are not as rich as you would like to think they are.
Not saying this makes it right though.
Indeed.
Club have been excellent on comms so far, but that feels like a misstep.
It certainly does.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1068 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 19:26:37 »

I assume they are hoping that some people that requested a refund, their financial situation may have improved so now happy to donate the refund back to stfc.

Although the letter should have been worded they are working on refunds but if you have changed your mind and are now happy to donate the refund then please do let us know.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 21:37:32 »

Surely this shows the challenging situation the club is in financially. Stability is the first priority and if there was for any reason a run on money being paid out could cause a major confidence slide.
I would suspect all creditors are being told a similar story.
Although every case will be different.. Please keep your faith where possible and support the club.
COYMRs

Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 21:42:53 »

Although every case will be different.. Please keep your faith where possible and support the club.
COYMRs

So you are telling others to support the club, presumably you have done so by donating £350 for a ST, despite not being able to get to a single game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 21:47:57 »

well quite.

I didn't want cash back in the curtailed season.

I don't ask for list season's back.

I have bought 1 adult and 2 under 18s this season despite the price going up and despite 1xu18 working most Saturdays.

I'm lucky because I can at the moment. Not everyone is in my position and I don't think it's the slightest bit unreasonable to  refund them.
---
if money is that tight or debts that much worse than expected let's hear it.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 22:00:50 »

The thing that annoyed me was that there was no allowance whatsoever for there being multiple season tickets in the same house.

We both had to pay full price but obviously only used one ifollow code to watch a game, yet both were only offered a refund less £230 for codes.

Even before the boycott was suggested I had decided not to renew our ST’s this season, however with the takeover we decided to give it another go & invested our £700, despite not being able to make midweek home games.

So the “do you really want a third of what you paid back” did grate a little I have to say.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 22:16:22 »

The thing that annoyed me was that there was no allowance whatsoever for there being multiple season tickets in the same house.

We both had to pay full price but obviously only used one ifollow code to watch a game, yet both were only offered a refund less £230 for codes.

Even before the boycott was suggested I had decided not to renew our ST’s this season, however with the takeover we decided to give it another go & invested our £700, despite not being able to make midweek home games.

So the “do you really want a third of what you paid back” did grate a little I have to say.
To be honest I think this is one of the problems with having a former Trust board member as the Chief Exec. He‘ll be making the assumption that everyone prioritises the club just like he has and does but a lot of fans have other priorities and commitments in their life. The club needs to get back to a customer based relationship with fans as soon as possible IMO as too much is reliant on the good will of supporters currently and normal businesses wouldn’t get away with it.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 02:02:33 »

Posh... I can see your frustrations from here. Who am I to judge Clearly I'm not.

To answer your question of me. Yes, I subscribe and watch by IFollow on a regular basis and it does give me lots of pleasure especially this season so far and hopefully the club benefits from my support as well.

From what I have seen from afar I don't see any evidence that Rob Angus making any special assumptions to the club over creditors including supporters. I doubt if he could if he wanted too.

As suggested, I think the club is in a very challenging financial situation at present and as DOB mentioned possibly the debts are lots higher than estimated and the new principle / owner is not as wealthy as we all had hoped. That said, Mr, Vacuum cleaned Dyson didn't rush in to buy the club did he ?.

Please have faith than the club is moving forward in the right direction and all supporters who are owed money and have shown extra ordinary faith will get rewards soon.

For the record, today I watched Swindon v West Ham from 1967 (You tube) which I went to with my Dad as a nine year old. What memories and the start of a magic period where Dreams can and did come true. !!! Yes, I had tears in my eyes when Willie Penman scored  Smiley

F#ck how great would it be to see glory days back on the County Ground once again.  Bye         

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 02:32:21 »

Batch.. You mentioned "If money is that tight or debts that much worse than expected let's hear it."

Please be careful what you are asking for because one day you might be told !!!

Just consider the possibility that the Club could technically be Insolvent and can't pay its dubious creditors including spurious loans and un secured ST refunds.

Perhaps Clem Morfuni has needed to trade as, hate to say it a delinquent director to save the club. If he has blood good luck to him as he would have a lot bigger balls than I have !!!

If the whole wide world knew of these possibilities do you think Swindon would have beaten Bristol R or FGR at the weekend. I don't think so

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 13:26:44 »

Looks like Clem is arranging a tour Down Under. That’s a long way to go in a minibus!

‘There are small rumours that Swindon Town owner, Clem Morfuni, who is Australian, is willing to organise an end-of-season tour of Swindon Town in Australia. Tours would be Sydney, Melbourne and Perth if possible. The man is pushing for some Aussie links with Swindon Town. ‘
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1077 on: Thursday, October 14, 2021, 13:31:58 »

Looks like Clem is arranging a tour Down Under. That’s a long way to go in a minibus!

‘There are small rumours that Swindon Town owner, Clem Morfuni, who is Australian, is willing to organise an end-of-season tour of Swindon Town in Australia. Tours would be Sydney, Melbourne and Perth if possible. The man is pushing for some Aussie links with Swindon Town. ‘
Fair play to him, get the Swindon Town name out and about in Oz and make some decent footballing connections along the way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 09:32:33 »

Imagine that a pre season down under in the middle of their winter whilst it's summer time here Pint

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: Friday, October 15, 2021, 10:10:12 »

Imagine that a pre season down under in the middle of their winter whilst it's summer time here Pint

Only likely to be for three weeks at the most.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: