Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - Fresh Start  (Read 84768 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:03:46 »

Pretty poor that, some people genuinely need the money and trying to again guilt trip them into forfeiting the refund is a bit low. Not sure whether this means things are worst behind the scenes than we think or they are just chancing their arm.

The club was in a terrible state and worse than expected when they took over.
Debts far higher than planned for.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:22:04 »

The club was in a terrible state and worse than expected when they took over.
Debts far higher than planned for.
Still a pretty poor, you don稚 half heartedly offer a refund that is already a pretty bad deal for supporters and then try again to wriggle out of it when people dare to take up the offer.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:38:25 »

Especially when the amount we値l be talking in total will be minor in terms of the clubs overall debts

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:42:52 »

@duke ^^^^ I guess that's not a massive suprised, concerning though
« Last Edit: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:45:06 by Batch » Logged

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 19:52:19 »

Actually it was this that got me, as if a refund isn't a given:

"If after considering this message you still wish to request a refund or credit then we will work through each request to try and find a resolution that works for you and our Football Club"

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 20:03:59 »

Especially when the amount we値l be talking in total will be minor in terms of the clubs overall debts

Maybe the owners are not as rich as you would like to think they are.
Not saying this makes it right though.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 20:34:57 »

Exactly this, if you had a full price ST it痴 only about 」120 per person after they have taken off the 」230 for ifollow codes (whether you used them or not)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 20:50:30 »

Club have been excellent on comms so far, but that feels like a misstep.
Peter Venkman
Clem is a rising tide that lifts all boats.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #1058 on: Saturday, October 9, 2021, 09:51:13 »

Maybe the owners are not as rich as you would like to think they are.
Not saying this makes it right though.
Indeed.
Club have been excellent on comms so far, but that feels like a misstep.
It certainly does.

Why Worry, Each One Of Us Is Carrying An Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator On His Back.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 20:26:37 »

I assume they are hoping that some people that requested a refund, their financial situation may have improved so now happy to donate the refund back to stfc.

Although the letter should have been worded they are working on refunds but if you have changed your mind and are now happy to donate the refund then please do let us know.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 22:37:32 »

Surely this shows the challenging situation the club is in financially. Stability is the first priority and if there was for any reason a run on money being paid out could cause a major confidence slide.
I would suspect all creditors are being told a similar story.
Although every case will be different.. Please keep your faith where possible and support the club.
COYMRs

Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 22:42:53 »

Although every case will be different.. Please keep your faith where possible and support the club.
COYMRs

So you are telling others to support the club, presumably you have done so by donating 」350 for a ST, despite not being able to get to a single game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 22:47:57 »

well quite.

I didn't want cash back in the curtailed season.

I don't ask for list season's back.

I have bought 1 adult and 2 under 18s this season despite the price going up and despite 1xu18 working most Saturdays.

I'm lucky because I can at the moment. Not everyone is in my position and I don't think it's the slightest bit unreasonable to  refund them.
---
if money is that tight or debts that much worse than expected let's hear it.

Adore this life
There is no guarantee
Could end by tomorrow
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #1063 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 23:00:50 »

The thing that annoyed me was that there was no allowance whatsoever for there being multiple season tickets in the same house.

We both had to pay full price but obviously only used one ifollow code to watch a game, yet both were only offered a refund less 」230 for codes.

Even before the boycott was suggested I had decided not to renew our ST痴 this season, however with the takeover we decided to give it another go & invested our 」700, despite not being able to make midweek home games.

So the 電o you really want a third of what you paid back did grate a little I have to say.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1064 on: Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 23:16:22 »

The thing that annoyed me was that there was no allowance whatsoever for there being multiple season tickets in the same house.

We both had to pay full price but obviously only used one ifollow code to watch a game, yet both were only offered a refund less 」230 for codes.

Even before the boycott was suggested I had decided not to renew our ST痴 this season, however with the takeover we decided to give it another go & invested our 」700, despite not being able to make midweek home games.

So the 電o you really want a third of what you paid back did grate a little I have to say.
To be honest I think this is one of the problems with having a former Trust board member as the Chief Exec. He鼠l be making the assumption that everyone prioritises the club just like he has and does but a lot of fans have other priorities and commitments in their life. The club needs to get back to a customer based relationship with fans as soon as possible IMO as too much is reliant on the good will of supporters currently and normal businesses wouldn稚 get away with it.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72   Go Up
Print
Jump to: