Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122269 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: Friday, October 1, 2021, 16:54:12 »

Jiggery pokery alert?

I don't think that I have seen reference to this in the CPR

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:24:13 »

Another Partner announced

‘Swindon Town Football Club are delighted to announce Exerfly as one of our Official Strength & Conditioning Partners.

Based in New Zealand, Exerfly's motto is 'Maximising Movement' and they are used by some of the best athletes and sports teams across the globe.

Built by athletes for athletes, Exerfly truly outperforms the rest and completely reimagines the future of strength training.

Exerfly has supplied the Football Club with top-of-the-range gym and Flywheel equipment, designed and built to help Town reach peak performance and reach the next level.

Ricky McFarlane, Swindon Town's Head of Sports Science, said: "Exerfly allows our players to be exposed to a new level of strength and conditioning / rehab equipment that will help us to separate ourselves from the rest of the crowd at this level of football."

We are absolutely delighted to have Exerfly on board for the 2021-22 season and beyond, and we can't wait to build on this exciting partnership over the coming weeks and months. ’
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:26:28 »

Another Partner announced

‘Swindon Town Football Club are delighted to announce Exerfly as one of our Official Strength & Conditioning Partners.

Based in New Zealand, Exerfly's motto is 'Maximising Movement' and they are used by some of the best athletes and sports teams across the globe.

Built by athletes for athletes, Exerfly truly outperforms the rest and completely reimagines the future of strength training.

Exerfly has supplied the Football Club with top-of-the-range gym and Flywheel equipment, designed and built to help Town reach peak performance and reach the next level.

Ricky McFarlane, Swindon Town's Head of Sports Science, said: "Exerfly allows our players to be exposed to a new level of strength and conditioning / rehab equipment that will help us to separate ourselves from the rest of the crowd at this level of football."

We are absolutely delighted to have Exerfly on board for the 2021-22 season and beyond, and we can't wait to build on this exciting partnership over the coming weeks and months. ’

Sounds positive. Small gains and all that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:28:00 »

That’s some serious looking kit.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:32:32 »

That’s some serious looking kit.

Coupled with (what I assume are) excellent knowledgeable staff to boot.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19537536.ben-garner-aiming-create-elite-environment-swindon-town/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 15:38:54 »

Well, there’s something going on at the club for sure.

Everything seems a positive. As with everything, it all has to be translated to success on the pitch.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 20:25:58 »

According to the Adver we lost 1-0 to Salford last week - what did I miss?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 20:43:46 »

That Adver article is dated 26 August.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: Wednesday, October 6, 2021, 21:15:48 »

Your appointment with Specsavers evidently.

'With an extremely short pre-season in the bank, Town appeared to stutter slightly against Salford City last Saturday before recovering to dig out a 1-0 victory, mostly through sheer determination and an extraordinary level of early fitness'

As per Private Fraser, its an aged article.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 09:58:30 »

Can someone please copy and paste 'Clems column' from the Advert?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 09:58:48 »

Can someone please copy and paste 'Clems column' from the Advert?

Has a pay wall...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:06:06 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/19634425.clem-morfunis-column-distance-wont-slow-us/

SWINDON Town Football Club’s owner and chairman, Clem Morfuni, pens his first bi-weekly column for Adver Sport - starting with an update on his first few weeks back in Australia.

Hello everyone. It is great to be able to write to you on a regular basis about all things STFC, and it is a brilliant way for me to stay in touch while I am on the other side of the world.

I have been back home in Australia for a few weeks now and I am finally out of quarantine, which is great because hotel life is not all it is hyped up to be!

However, it has been a really productive few weeks in terms of club meetings and the progress we continue to make in getting our great football club back on track.

Progress continues to be made on a number of fronts, and I’ve had a great deal of positive meetings with all members of staff as everyone continues to work incredibly hard to get this club back on track.

Your football club is in really good hands with all members of the team incredibly passionate about the work they are doing, we are building something really special at The County Ground.

I really miss being in Swindon and being around the team and all of the fans, and I miss the buzz that comes with a match day - it isn’t the same watching on a screen in the early hours of the morning!

However, the one consolation has been the positive results that have been earned by Ben Garner and the team.

I can assure you that I was celebrating as hard as the rest of you in the wake of our superb win over Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

We have another big week coming up with our game against Forest Green Rovers on Sky on Saturday, and another positive result will put us in a great position with games now coming thick and fast.

This is a really positive time for the football club, I am in constant discussions with everyone at the club on a daily basis and I can assure you that we are heading in the right direction.

Please keep supporting us as you have been, I’ll be pushing us to break the 10,000 crowd target for the games against Rochdale on Saturday, October 16 and Bradford on Saturday, October 23, and I can’t wait to see you all properly again once I return around Christmas-January time.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:09:55 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/19634425.clem-morfunis-column-distance-wont-slow-us/

SWINDON Town Football Club’s owner and chairman, Clem Morfuni, pens his first bi-weekly column for Adver Sport - starting with an update on his first few weeks back in Australia.

Hello everyone. It is great to be able to write to you on a regular basis about all things STFC, and it is a brilliant way for me to stay in touch while I am on the other side of the world.

I have been back home in Australia for a few weeks now and I am finally out of quarantine, which is great because hotel life is not all it is hyped up to be!

However, it has been a really productive few weeks in terms of club meetings and the progress we continue to make in getting our great football club back on track.

Progress continues to be made on a number of fronts, and I’ve had a great deal of positive meetings with all members of staff as everyone continues to work incredibly hard to get this club back on track.

Your football club is in really good hands with all members of the team incredibly passionate about the work they are doing, we are building something really special at The County Ground.

I really miss being in Swindon and being around the team and all of the fans, and I miss the buzz that comes with a match day - it isn’t the same watching on a screen in the early hours of the morning!

However, the one consolation has been the positive results that have been earned by Ben Garner and the team.

I can assure you that I was celebrating as hard as the rest of you in the wake of our superb win over Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

We have another big week coming up with our game against Forest Green Rovers on Sky on Saturday, and another positive result will put us in a great position with games now coming thick and fast.

This is a really positive time for the football club, I am in constant discussions with everyone at the club on a daily basis and I can assure you that we are heading in the right direction.

Please keep supporting us as you have been, I’ll be pushing us to break the 10,000 crowd target for the games against Rochdale on Saturday, October 16 and Bradford on Saturday, October 23, and I can’t wait to see you all properly again once I return around Christmas-January time.

Thanks  Wink

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:12:37 »

Incidentally, my friend (genuinly!) that requested a refund on last seasons ST got an email yesterday regarding refunds, really re-presenting the question - are you sure you want a refund?

Wasn't sure if this was a sign of prudent control of liabilities, or whether more people requested a refund than predicted.

No judgements or anything from me - has the refund % been stated anywhere?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1049 on: Friday, October 8, 2021, 10:24:31 »

I heard it was around 200 people
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: