Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123861 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:19:35 »

When’s he due on the Pod Rich?

Haha. My focus will be on the CEO and if Clem wants to appear at any point then he'd be welcome.

For what it's worth. I got wind that Morfuni was in the country via the 'Clem Texters' sending cryptic DMs to people because they can't help themselves.

Members of the Trust, including the lads who run the socials, simply did not know that he was coming into the country.

His attendance at Supermarine could have been reliant on the EFL approval coming through etc.

Completely blown out of proportion.
kaufman

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:28:01 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/club-statement/
There you go. It's a wonderful read. Lets hope it comes to fruition.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:32:51 by kaufman » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:32:29 »

Good read.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:35:18 »

Brilliant statement
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:35:44 »

I mean if you're looking for a certain sentiment in a statement from your brand new owner, that pretty much hits the nail on the fucking head.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:41:05 »

Well, he talks the talk. Time will tell if he walks the walk.

See: Fred Elliot re: Simon Cox http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=23492.0
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:43:23 »

That is a vision statement. It tells us what his vision is for the club, but it's grounded in the reality we are in - no false or wild promises. It can only be good.
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:45:15 »

A wonderful statement - we're all behind you Clem!  Grin
Crackity Jones

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:47:58 »

A statement on a Wednesday. Is he not aware of tradition? Clem out  Cheesy  Great read and rallying cry to the fans. Onwards and hopefully upwards
 Let's make sure we pack out the CG. COYR

Trini

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:48:40 »

How refreshing it is to read something realistic, positive and inspiring.

This is only the start but for the first time in 15 months I’m looking forward to following the club that I’m hopelessly in love with.

Here’s hoping that the fans noe return in their droves and support a new era.

#COYRs #inClemwetrust #nomoreliesfrompower ❤️🤍❤️🤍❤️🤍

69 ...... my favourite number.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:53:12 »

A very positive first statement. Pulls no punches with the challenge yet is ambitious and realistic.

Let's hope things stay that way, I suspect they might. I like the cut of his gib.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:53:23 »

Quite happy with that statement, reads well at this juncture. Off we jolly well go once again.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:54:52 »

It didn't take look for some people to look for the next thing to moan about - now it's "why didn't we know he was coming/why did the Trust lie?" - I think that answers your question right there..

I was aware of people that had been informed that he was coming in - but what benefit would it have brought to have that out in the public domain?  The fanbase was already in the reoccurring loop of "when is it happening > tomorrow > it didn't happen tomorrow, you are bullshitting ITK'er > when is it happening > it's imminent > sick of hearing it's imminent > When is it happening?"

It would have just been another case of rinse and repeat..

Just enjoy the fact that Power has gone and look forward to the next few weeks of hopefully getting our club back on track - as a fanbase we can sometimes be guilty of disecting things down to a granular level.  I get that everyone has become exhausted by the past year of no information or clarity, but let's stop for a minute, breath and enjoy talking about football again.

heres another thing to moan about. turnover is vanity profit is sanity. not sure why he brought it up in his statement

apart from that  Cool got to love what he has to say and you just hope that this might be the start of something good. its going to be an exciting few weeks of news and a very busy period for the club. looking forward to a minimum top 7 challenge  Beers
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 14:59:25 »

If you do go in the Town End Clem, don't stand downwind of The Flash  Smiley
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 15:05:30 »

It’s a good statement and presses all the right buttons for me. It’s going to take a long time and a lot of money and effort but it could be an interesting ride. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. My first season was 62/63 and have seen lots of highs and lows in that time. Hoping for another ‘high’.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: