Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122751 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 07:56:16 »

How is Clem not being open - he attended a game and took questions?
I don't really care where he is at any given point in time, or who he told, that's his business and idle gossip.

What we do need is openness around the decisions made on behalf of the club and the accounts etc, not an announcement every time he has a shit.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 07:59:44 »

Once the new owner euphoria dies down I don't want to keep seeing him mixing with fans etc I want him quietly going about his business with regularly updates through media outlets and the odd live phone in on BBC Wilts etc.

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 08:02:27 »

If he takes us forward and runs the club correctly he can run naked through Old Town with the GW Reds for all I care.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 08:08:36 »

Quote from: Jimmy Quinn
Once the new owner euphoria dies down I don't want to keep seeing him mixing with fans etc I want him quietly going about his business with regularly updates through media outlets and the odd live phone in on BBC Wilts etc.

he'll be in Australia a lot of the time. The CEO appointment will be key
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 08:10:26 »

We just need to knuckle down now and let Clem appoint the right people to take care of business!

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 08:20:24 »

No I met him myself at the Supermarine game, and apparently he arrived on sunday - so why the false info ? smokescreen ?
He has been bitten by fans here already recording bits and giving out info when they shouldn't. I imagine he genuinely didn't tell many people at all he was coming over to avoid getting hopes up
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 08:51:38 »

How?

Either the trust board weren't told, not a great start on openness from Clem.

Or they lied/breakdown in communication. not a great start on openness from them.

to be honest it's done now. it doesn't much matter, and they did correct themselves on Twitter.

what matters is going forward. I think we need to give everyone some slack to get on with getting the job done in these first couple of months, then I'd expect to see more open communication.

hopefully some announcements today. CEO, manager etc??!

I'm sorry to pick this up (it was the first post I saw when I checked this AM and it resonated with thoughts last night) as you rightly say its over now, but why does/did Clem need to confirm his every movement with the Trust, it's not like it was some joint consortium with the Trust taking over merely they were supporting him and thus to a greater or lessor degree were ITK.

I note from SM last night there seemed to be a hell of a lot of people who knew it was happening yesterday or today, which merely came across as a bit of back covering mystic Meg sort of shenanigans 'I obviously knew what was happening I just couldn't tell you'.

Its done now, moving forward along with the process lets get a CEO and manager in place and they can start to sort out the footballing and business sides in parallel, it would be nice for Clem to formalise some manner of engagement with the Trust just to provide updates as and when but generally they need time to just get on with it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 09:26:13 »

Agree, he needs to start as he mean to go on, will full openness and transparency which I actually believe he will, I'm hoping this goes as far as transfer fee's for e.g. as well, unless the other club don't want it out in public, but then we can be given a ball park figure.

You hope communication goes from top to bottom, so from Clem to his CeO to the new manager, even the DoF.

I don't want all communication going through the new board he is creating with the Trust and Don Rogers, I want staff to be communicating through the press, the web site, in interviews etc

It is essential that the fans feel respected and listened to, this will help the feel good factor return and will help matters on the pitch as it is going to be a season of struggle but if fans are behind the club it will help in those real tough games.

It will also help for sponsorship, I believe the club does not have a marketing dept any more so staff will need to be appointed, but if fans are behind the club then that feel good factor will spread and local companies will be more willing to put money in for sponsorship

There is also the FA & FL investigations yet to complete, we need to hope the club does not get punished by either of them, not sure when they are likely to conclude, maybe sometime after the court case is completed, although knowing how slow the FA / FL are it maybe just in time for next season.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 09:30:40 »

Can you imagine how much more 'IS IT DONE YET?!?! WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?!?!' there would've been had we known he was in the country from Sunday? No harm done at all, people clutching their pearls unnecessarily...

kaufman

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 11:21:01 »

This is probably laughable but were the club still giving the option to sign up to receive official texts about news direct from the club?
Would be nice not having to trawl through social media and just receive a text straight from the koalas mouth.
Was anyone receiving texts this past year before it all hit the fan?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 11:22:43 by kaufman » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 11:56:12 »

It didn't take look for some people to look for the next thing to moan about - now it's "why didn't we know he was coming/why did the Trust lie?" - I think that answers your question right there..

I was aware of people that had been informed that he was coming in - but what benefit would it have brought to have that out in the public domain?  The fanbase was already in the reoccurring loop of "when is it happening > tomorrow > it didn't happen tomorrow, you are bullshitting ITK'er > when is it happening > it's imminent > sick of hearing it's imminent > When is it happening?"

It would have just been another case of rinse and repeat..

Just enjoy the fact that Power has gone and look forward to the next few weeks of hopefully getting our club back on track - as a fanbase we can sometimes be guilty of disecting things down to a granular level.  I get that everyone has become exhausted by the past year of no information or clarity, but let's stop for a minute, breath and enjoy talking about football again.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:19:14 »

I think the point is being overblown, as I said it's what happens next that matters.

however, why bother taking the effort to refute it?

it doesn't matter much. let's move on
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:52:57 »

I miss Audrey  Sad .He'd be having a field day.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:55:03 »

I miss Audrey  Sad .He'd be having a field day.
Or even a picnic Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 13:06:48 »

Maybe he's away getting that tattoo  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: