Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123017 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:58:48 »

Is John McGreal still out of work as he could be a quick appointment

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:14:55 »

I did wonder whether McGreal might be lined up as the new manager under a different contract. However I do also wonder whether McGreal may have been loyal to shady Lee and therefore won't work for STFC under a new ownership. Hopefully we may found out one way or another this week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:16:45 »

If he did come back at least he would know what players are out there and maybe have them already lined up

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:19:09 »

If he did come back at least he would know what players are out there and maybe have them already lined up

We can probably say the same about whoever else might be lined up.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:19:26 »

Indeed, the ones that haven't signed for other clubs already that is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:20:09 »

Let’s hope today is the day. It’s going to be very telling quite how much is lined up and ready to go, and to me, will be a good indicator of what lies ahead with the Axis ownership.

It should be a Big Bang. New senior appointments - manager, assistant, CEO, DoF (perhaps), and crucially, a glut of players in by the end of the week (triallists, loans and perms). They key is going to be flipping what currently looks like chaos / famine, into a positive - a new, energised club pulling towards a single goal.

I've not hit the panic button yet, I'm confident this is going through and plenty of important appointments and decisions will be made immediately too. 

We are behind, nobody is doubting that but assuming all monies owed to allow us to come out from our embargo are paid I think we can expect an exciting, if frantic, few weeks. 

There are without question loads of free agents we'll have missed out on but equally there are loads of players at clubs looking to leave either on loan or permanently, these players will have been training with their clubs so will be as fit as any other L2 players currently with their respective squads.

As far as tactics and unity go we will still be behind but there is still time to cobble a decent squad together, we have until 02/09 to sign attached players, unattached players can still be brought in after, there always seems to be a few released on deadline day so still a decent resource.

If we get a couple of, on paper, good L2 players we'll start to look like a promising place to be and confidence from a players perspective will rise.  We have shown consistently that we are a big club at L2 level and with the crowds coming back (fingers crossed) in a post-Power era there should be a decent atmosphere.

I'm not expecting to hit the ground running but if we are stable enough through to January then we could be in with a chance, Wellens had a good Jan in his first season and came close to flirting with the play-offs, Bolton were nowhere near going into January last season and got automatic promotion on the last day.

It'll be difficult and will take one hell of an effort to get us going but I have faith we can do it, even a mid-table finish should be seen as a success given our current position, we really need the fans onside from the get go, even if it is a tough start.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:22:37 »

Of course Pint like at school when two captains had to take it in turns picking a player to make their team up leaving players like Roland from Grange Hill last😀

So, give no fucks
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 14:30:31 »

Lets hope not, I'm sure Clem would like his own appointment rather than who Power appointed

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 17:45:15 »

If we're still in the football league this time next year then we'd have done well. Putting a side together this late is far from ideal. Not to mention whether the club will even exist or not which isn't a given.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:37:40 »

Hearing Clem will be at the game tonight. Told been in country for last 2 days. Love to think it’s true
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:39:20 »

Hearing Clem will be at the game tonight. Told been in country for last 2 days. Love to think it’s true

If true that's surely positive news? I doubt he would be in the country if the takeover wasn't going to be ratified. Hopefully he is here to sign the relevant paperwork and get the business off and running.

JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:41:38 »

This isnt the case I am afraid as he cant fly outside of Aus, not until next year.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:45:40 »

This isnt the case I am afraid as he cant fly outside of Aus, not until next year.

Thanks for the clarity. Presumably he has a representative that can do whatever is needed to be done?

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:47:25 »

Why? 

Now, ain't that just like me?
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:48:00 »

Yes he has people and lawyers in the UK
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: