Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1122384 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 11:54:48 »

Wonder when it’s all completed they have enough time to launch season tickets. Not even sure we’ve a kit lined up for next season. Guess we start next season with last seasons kit with Imagine Cruising removed.

Indeed, the list of things Clem has to do is lengthy and obviously will be harder to do the longer the process takes. That said I'm confident a lot of the behind the scenes legwork has already been done and will be good to go as soon as he gets the green light.

My main concern are things like Insurance and safety certificates etc that may hinder us being able to play any matches, that obviously will result in points and financial punishments. We can play in plain red t shirts as far as I'm concerned, I just want the important things ready. A manager and team would be helpful also.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 11:56:54 »

It makes you wonder who would be choosing any new manager & staff behind the scenes as you would hope someone has been doing the ground work
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:01:44 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 11:58:45 »

Luckily first 2 games are away, buys a little time to get The County Ground ready.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:00:57 »

Wonder when it’s all completed they have enough time to launch season tickets. Not even sure we’ve a kit lined up for next season. Guess we start next season with last seasons kit with Imagine Cruising removed.

Luckily, the non-office staff haven't stopped. They've got lots of things ready to present to Morfuni's people for whenever the time comes (some of it simply requires the signature) and this includes ST, kits, commerical etc.

The less than 3 week turnaround is insane though. Going to be an intense month for many people behind the scenes.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:04:47 »

Luckily, the non-office staff haven't stopped. They've got lots of things ready to present to Morfuni's people for whenever the time comes (some of it simply requires the signature) and this includes ST, kits, commerical etc.

The less than 3 week turnaround is insane though. Going to be an intense month for many people behind the scenes.

Yeah as I thought. These guys, that work like trojans behind the scenes by people who are not getting paid on time etc are the real heroes of the football club. The next month as you say is going to be hellish busy for them. Legends each and every one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:07:14 »

In my head is a Kevin Keegan voice saying “ I’d love it, I’d just love it if we tear up this league and win promotion at the first attempt “. Couldn’t think of a better UP YOURS to Lee Power than that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:13:48 »

In my head is a Kevin Keegan voice saying “ I’d love it, I’d just love it if we tear up this league and win promotion at the first attempt “. Couldn’t think of a better UP YOURS to Lee Power than that.
Absolutely, what a huge "fuck off Power" statement that would be.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:18:39 »

Just a thought about the intensity. As there will be so much to do in so little time, surely the more hands on deck we have the better? By this I mean there must be a wide range of skills or just effort available in the fanbase which could be offered to the club on a voluntary basis once the takeover is completed. In the past many fans have joined in clearing snow to get a match on.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:19:27 »

Good shout

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:32:41 »

Agreed. would be happy to take time off work to help out unpaid at STFC once there is an acceptable change in ownership
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 12:38:01 »

24/7 for a while I’d imagine.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 13:27:25 »

MONDAY MONDAY!
Freedom (from Power) Day?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 14:21:29 »

MONDAY MONDAY!

Not helpful at all.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:28:32 »

Just a thought about the intensity. As there will be so much to do in so little time, surely the more hands on deck we have the better? By this I mean there must be a wide range of skills or just effort available in the fanbase which could be offered to the club on a voluntary basis once the takeover is completed. In the past many fans have joined in clearing snow to get a match on.

Great shout - I'd love to be involved in something like this.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:56:43 »

Let’s hope today is the day. It’s going to be very telling quite how much is lined up and ready to go, and to me, will be a good indicator of what lies ahead with the Axis ownership.

It should be a Big Bang. New senior appointments - manager, assistant, CEO, DoF (perhaps), and crucially, a glut of players in by the end of the week (triallists, loans and perms). They key is going to be flipping what currently looks like chaos / famine, into a positive - a new, energised club pulling towards a single goal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: