Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 ... 803   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1123284 times)
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3735 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:15:25 »

Luton and Coventry are the real fairlytale stories, not Wrexham.

Neither have spent big money, gives fans of lower league clubs a glimmer of hope that you can progress without a sugar daddy if you have smart people in charge.

Different strategies too, Luton more down to the model they have in place with Gary Sweet as CEO and Mick Harford cheif recruitment officer and Coventry pretty much all down to the job Mark Robins has done with the building basically burning down in the background.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #3736 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 09:12:00 »

Luton/Coventry punching well above their weight on wages.

But have still benefited from hefty owner investment, which is probably indicative for Swindon if we want to get to the Championship with our current infrastructure.

It's likely more nuanced of course.  
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 09:16:07 by Cookie » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3737 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 09:29:31 »

When you look at our current £6M turnover and that chart its a whole different world. Obviously some is made up by more revenue as you progress.

Not a criticism, it is what it is.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3738 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 09:36:45 »

When you look at our current £6M turnover and that chart its a whole different world. Obviously some is made up by more revenue as you progress.

Yup. An effective L1 outfit is probably our glass ceiling for now which I'd be delighted with!
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3739 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 09:41:43 »

Well worth giving the last 10mins of the LS Pod 'season review' a listen.

I've been thinking for a while that Clem might be setting things up to sell and funny to hear Rich wondering aloud if that might be the case too.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #3740 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:02:25 »

I've been thinking for a while that Clem might be setting things up to sell and funny to hear Rich wondering aloud if that might be the case too.

He doesn't get anywhere near the £6m he's put in back as it stands.

Think with old Clemente reality has just hit about how expensive it is to run a football club, and how much more investment he or the real owners will have to put in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3741 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:08:38 »

Based on FPP rules (wages can't exceed 55% of turnover), we cannot exceed 3.3 million in wage budget, but according to DOB, our budget was 1.6 million last season. Surely we can push that boat out a little further?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #3742 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:08:58 »

There was a very random Facebook group post last month out of the blue asking are we being sold to the owner of StarSports betting, so may be smoke and fire.

The loosest of links I'm holding out for is hoping the sole reason for Marc Bircham being interviewed back in January is because Como's rich owners Djarum are eyeing up the club and fancy a similar fairytale.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3743 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:10:09 »

From what I’ve heard the Eady money was conditional on the debentures being cleared, so a significant extra cost for Clem which wasn’t really budgeted for, add to that the current economic situation so as a businessman he must be looking at his options.

Whether that’s getting additional investment, finding more income or looking to move on only he knows

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3744 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:17:55 »

From what I’ve heard the Eady money was conditional on the debentures being cleared, so a significant extra cost for Clem which wasn’t really budgeted for, add to that the current economic situation so as a businessman he must be looking at his options.

Whether that’s getting additional investment, finding more income or looking to move on only he knows
Absolutely this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3745 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:32:50 »

Makes perfect sense as they would not want the investment to be at risk of being affected by the calling in of existing debts, I suspect also the reason why Clem has been knocking off the debts generally.

Also rather contradicts the idea from some that Clem got some sort of freebie in buying the ground.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3746 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 11:55:19 »

I had a look at Luton's financial report for 21/22 and their Revenue without EFL money is pretty much on a park with ours for the same period - around 6m.  They received nearly 11m in EFL money, mostly due to the TV deals in place.  They have a lower capacity at Kenilworth Rd, but you'd imagine they have the opportunity to make a bit more in Commercial revenues for sponsorship due to the league they are in.

They took a loss of 6m, but some of that was tricky to determine as it related to intercompany dealings and their Directors were paid nearly a million.  The previous year their loss was a little over 1m.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3747 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 18:50:23 »

Interesting speculation on the LS pod that we may just be clearing the decks in preparation for a sale of the club. I’m looking forward to the ITK posters telling us more… can we have a Hollywood actor or oil baron please?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3748 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 18:56:48 »

Interesting speculation on the LS pod that we may just be clearing the decks in preparation for a sale of the club. I’m looking forward to the ITK posters telling us more… can we have a Hollywood actor or oil baron please?

Anyone other than The Rock and I’m complaining incessantly
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3749 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 18:59:04 »

Latest on the JV

‘ The Business Plan should be produced 3 months before the start of the JV’s financial year (which runs from June 1st to May 31st) before being voted on by the Trust membership.

As we only completed the purchase of the County Ground at the end of March and are still working on our future vision for the stadium, it’s not yet possible to produce a full Business Plan for the year ahead. However, there are essential works around the stadium which are required before the new season gets underway.

Therefore, we are proposing that for this year only, the Business Plan will be split into two separate plans. The Board will develop and agree a three month Business Plan to cover the period from 1st June to 31st August focusing on short term essential works. This plan will be circulated to all voting members and you’ll be asked to approve its implementation.

We will then start working on the Business Plan to cover the remainder of the JV’s financial year, based on the survey feedback received, which we’ll ask you to vote on separately.

Although it’s not quite what we envisaged when we signed the JV agreement, I’m sure you’ll agree that this is a sensible short term measure to ensure that the County Ground is ready to welcome us all back to what we hope will be a fantastic season!’
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 ... 803   Go Up
Print
Jump to: