Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 ... 837   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1192922 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3720 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 20:51:34 »

Amen to that. New series of Waterloo road starts tomorrow

I'll tell you what boils my piss now that Morris has gone...  people not being able to quote properly Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3721 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 21:01:44 »

Phone in?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #3722 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 21:15:27 »

Zoom in..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3723 on: Monday, May 15, 2023, 21:19:22 »

Ah, sounded like you thought it was all 'Brian from larkhill' and hodgetts
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #3724 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 07:42:49 »

i dont understand the mindset that things have been worse in the past therefore we should just be grateful for what we have.

loser mindset. i want my club to be the best version of itself on and off the pitch.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3725 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 07:57:07 »

i dont understand the mindset that things have been worse in the past therefore we should just be grateful for what we have.

loser mindset. i want my club to be the best version of itself on and off the pitch.

Context is key though.
People have been clamouring for the Lee Power days because we won promotion out this division (…and went straight back down)

We can criticise the way the clubs run now, sure but let’s not re-write history and pretend Lee Power wasn’t a crook who would have bankrupt the club eventually.

All it does is further illustrate the point that if the results are good fans will blindly overlook everything else.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #3726 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 07:58:19 »

Where did I say we should be grateful for what we have? what I said is people should just take the time to relax for a while, recharge and reset your brains a bit, instead of getting upset and angsty at every noise that happens, use a bit of perspective, and realise that not absolutely everything that happens warrants a full on strop - there will be plenty of time later in the Summer, and once the season starts again to do that.

If wanting a few weeks break from discussions on Money laundering, Karachi and club communication own goals is a loser mindset, then so be it..

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3727 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 08:01:15 »

I think people go straight to 11 sometimes Bern.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #3728 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 09:48:03 »

Where did I say we should be grateful for what we have? what I said is people should just take the time to relax for a while, recharge and reset your brains a bit, instead of getting upset and angsty at every noise that happens, use a bit of perspective, and realise that not absolutely everything that happens warrants a full on strop - there will be plenty of time later in the Summer, and once the season starts again to do that.

If wanting a few weeks break from discussions on Money laundering, Karachi and club communication own goals is a loser mindset, then so be it..

It’s draining and it’s shit that we’re even talking about issues like money laundering, Karachi projects and poor comms from club after Lee Power has handed over the reigns. But I don’t think for one second people should stop talking about it, if anything keep it up, gets more people talking about it and ultimately you’d hope it results in the answers to the questions.

Anyone who wants anything to do with LP back is a wrongun imo - absolute crook who ran club into ground, used every other man and his dogs money it seemed and sabotaged the fuck out of the last season.

As for CFO who was mentioned a while back on this thread and recently again by myself RE him doing 3 job roles- I’m fairly sure he’s resigned from his post. Knowing the way this club has a turnover in staff- you can probably say he won’t be alone. Rob Angus straight to CFO makes complete sense. Then get actual football men in to do the DOF and CEO.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3729 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 09:55:35 »

It’s draining and it’s shit that we’re even talking about issues like money laundering, Karachi projects and poor comms from club after Lee Power has handed over the reigns. But I don’t think for one second people should stop talking about it, if anything keep it up, gets more people talking about it and ultimately you’d hope it results in the answers to the questions.

Anyone who wants anything to do with LP back is a wrongun imo - absolute crook who ran club into ground, used every other man and his dogs money it seemed and sabotaged the fuck out of the last season.

As for CFO who was mentioned a while back on this thread and recently again by myself RE him doing 3 job roles- I’m fairly sure he’s resigned from his post. Knowing the way this club has a turnover in staff- you can probably say he won’t be alone. Rob Angus straight to CFO makes complete sense. Then get actual football men in to do the DOF and CEO.

I've heard similar. Potentially it leaves us without a CFO, head of media, club secretary, stadium manager, head of retail and head of ticketing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
hammondt1

Ignore
« Reply #3730 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2023, 14:42:25 »

Can't the club claim they have fulfilled their quota of public meetings due to a number of appearances on OSC earlier in the season?

I agree with a few others who have said we need a bit of calm. This season on and off the pitch was a shit show. By the looks of it, they have learned from last seasons mistakes with SDM and Flynn will be in total charge. Now they need to employ suitable people for the operational running of the club.

Twitter-----@hammondt1
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #3731 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, 21:32:47 »

I was talking to a friend today and before I begin, this definitely isn’t a rosey eyed look at the Power days.

It’s pretty obvious that any competent football people experienced in running a club would have been fairly alarmed coming in and seeing how the club was structured and being run in the Power days.

It’s been 2 years of the new regime so where do you think we sit now? We’ve definitely improved in some areas, clearing debts well and the stadium purchase but I still feel that a competent, experienced football person would come in and be alarmed at how certain areas are running and how we’re setup, seems from the outside looking in as a bit of a mashup of some vital areas running well and others running abysmally.  

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3732 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 05:34:13 »

Clem Morfuni and Rob Angus simply aren't from a football business background and at the moment it seems clear that we lack people who know what they are doing behind the scenes at the club. There appears to be lots of vacancies at the moment, hopefully Clem is working hard behind the scenes to build a cohesive experienced football unit behind the scenes as well as letting Flynn and the recruitment team build a cohesive, competitive squad of players on the pitch.

Unfortunately, even after 2 years, we very much still look like a work in progress, and slow progress at that.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3733 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 07:55:17 »

I watched some of the Championship play-offs this week and it's pretty amazing that the final is going to be between Luton and Coventry if you think back to the journeys both of the clubs have been on. Luton in particular dropping into non-league and then working their way back up and Coventry finally dropping out of the Premier league before bottoming out in league 2. They've had hideous off the field problems also, having to play seasons away from the Ricoh Arena. It's pretty amazing that both teams now have a shot at the big time.

Which just shows what CAN be done. Brentford and Brighton also were at our level about the same time. If we can get our shit in gear there is really no reason why we can't be chasing the same dream in 10 years. At the moment we're miles off, but it can change very quickly in football.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3734 on: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 08:08:34 »

I've kind of lost track of both of them and what investment they've had.

Coventry rid themselves from SISU (https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/coventry-takeover-sisu-doug-king-b2270872.html) but had King invested a lot?

Luton ??

Just trying to work out whether they could have (or have) done it under similar conditions as we are in.

Obviously the point is that it can be done, but whether that's under Clem or not is another question. That's OK. Aim 1 - stabilise financial, aim 2 - get into L1 and stay there. Then we'll see about the "next level"
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 ... 837   Go Up
Print
Jump to: