Pages: 1 ... 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188526 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9240 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:22:53 »

I am a stuck record on this, but people didn't vote for Boris, they were hell bent on voting for Brexit and didn't give a shit who the Prime Minister was going to be - Boris/Cummings knew this and probably saw it as their only opportunity to get him in there.

The outrage from some is a little laughable when the public voted for him (Brexit) not really giving a shit that he was going to be PM, knowing exactly the sort of history he had and now are incredulous that these things are now happening..  this is what you knowingly voted for, so don't be so outraged when these things come to fruition..

Disclaimer:  This is not aimed at anyone on here - just the great British public in general

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9241 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:26:24 »

Yep, he's pretty much toast, you'd think. The one thing that no one seems to be questioning or commenting on is how all these stories are coming to light; i.e. a regular drip feed of a new one every week or so. Someone on the inside has really got it in for Boris.

I don't think its necessarily being drip fed, more that as each bit unravels more people are coming forward to confirm what journo's already knew but providing enough corroboration to allow them to run the story. The lass from the Mirror who has broken a lot of it has previously said she had been aware of most of it for ages (at least this time last year) but until it could be confirmed by a couple of independent sources it could never get through the lawyering at the paper and get run.

The issue is going to be who else is this going to bring down, the Met knew about it and were thus complicit so who do they work for the public as we thought, or the government which is all a bit authoritarian state, likewise many journalists apparently attended so less of a fearless independent press more client journalism, again all rather 1984.

I see right wing twitter are losing their shit this morning, bizarrely at the BBC (who have little to do with breaking this story) and suggesting that Boris's enemies are leaking stories to the press, which must be an absolute shocker for them. Deeply ironic that those tweeting about the ScumMedia are the ones who’ve been lapping up lies from the Sun, Express and Mail for years.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9242 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:32:02 »

police in doing their job shocker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60123850
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9243 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:35:58 »

I am a stuck record on this, but people didn't vote for Boris, they were hell bent on voting for Brexit and didn't give a shit who the Prime Minister was going to be - Boris/Cummings knew this and probably saw it as their only opportunity to get him in there.

The outrage from some is a little laughable when the public voted for him (Brexit) not really giving a shit that he was going to be PM, knowing exactly the sort of history he had and now are incredulous that these things are now happening..  this is what you knowingly voted for, so don't be so outraged when these things come to fruition..

Disclaimer:  This is not aimed at anyone on here - just the great British public in general

Agree with most of this apart from it just being Brexit, the Tories could have put up Michael Fabricant and he would still have beaten Corbyn, because long and short a substantial part of the electorate just didn't like him.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9244 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:56:27 »

I don't particularly like the tories, the problem is there is bugger all alternative that appeals.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9245 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:03:50 »

politics is broken fundamentally

Apols for banging the drum yet again, but it will continue to be broken until we dispense with FPTP.  Until that happens, we're stuck with the existing duopoly.  FPTP strangles smaller political groupings and fledgling political movements at birth, and disproportionately rewards the largest party with too much power.  It enables the likes of Johnson.

Sadly, there appears to be no appetite in the country for an alternative.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9246 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:16:13 »

I'm not for a second suggesting every other politician is squeaky clean, but it's hardly a stretch to imagine Johnson is unusually flippant about the rules, conventions and other people's safety, is it? He's behaved like this his whole life, it's just that before lockdown, enough people found him to be a charming rogue rather than clearly a bit of a dick that it got him elected.

All other issues aside, you don't seriously think Theresa May holds parties in lockdown, do you? (or indeed, holds parties when it's totally legitimate to do so!)

That may be true but to me she was duplicitous in her dealing with the EU. She boxed herself and the country into a corner by triggering article 50 when she was advised to hold fire a bit then as a staunch europhile tried to secure a Brexit deal that fundamentally kept us tied to a club we’re trying to get out of. Whilst tell ing us is was the best we could hope for, lying fucking cow. And so it goes on.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #9247 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:24:21 »

Seeing as they lead the Leave campaign maybe Boris or Gove should have stepped up after Cameron, you might have got the Brexit deal that you hoped for!

Nope they just hid in the corner and left to May to deal with all the shit that followed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9248 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:29:07 »

nobody saw this coming ... oh wait

BREAKING: Sue Gray will not publish her partygate report while the Met police investigate. So it will not be published this week and probably not for many weeks. This is some kind of reprieve for the prime minister. She will continue her investigation though
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #9249 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:32:07 »

That may be true but to me she was duplicitous in her dealing with the EU. She boxed herself and the country into a corner by triggering article 50 when she was advised to hold fire a bit then as a staunch europhile tried to secure a Brexit deal that fundamentally kept us tied to a club we’re trying to get out of. Whilst tell ing us is was the best we could hope for, lying fucking cow. And so it goes on.

This is really not the place, but hey ho...

Fuck me, if we are totally re- writing history I hated the bit where she invaded France...

A50 was invoked (in March 2017 as she had promised to do to see off another revolt at the back end of 2016 - remember Enemies of the People, Citizens of Nowhere and other such nationalistic bollocks) as if she didn't the nut jobs in the ERG and most Brexiteers would have burned her at the stake, as for her being advised not to, by whom, considering every Tory MP bar Ken Clarke voted for it!

As for it 'going on', nothing goes on we are (entirely at our own request) a third party to the EU and will be treated thus, you won, own it!

nobody saw this coming ... oh wait

BREAKING: Sue Gray will not publish her partygate report while the Met police investigate. So it will not be published this week and probably not for many weeks. This is some kind of reprieve for the prime minister. She will continue her investigation though

Don't think it means much in the scheme of things, albeit could be the strange world where a Met investigation into the Pm actually buys him some time. I recall the last time the Met investigated no.10 was under Blair re honours and it accelerated his departure, so fingers crossed again.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:40:52 by horlock07 » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #9250 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:38:01 »

No it is not and I am not saying anymore on the subject. It only encourages people and I really cannot be arsed. What will be will be.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9251 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 12:45:11 »

The Secret Barrister on twitter:
Even in the event of prosecutions, alleged offences under the Covid regulations cannot be tried at the Crown Court, and so there is absolutely no risk at all of any potential jury being influenced.

As I read it - there's no justification for not publishing Sue's report, given the popo will be doing their own stuff anyway

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #9252 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 18:40:33 »

Apols for banging the drum yet again, but it will continue to be broken until we dispense with FPTP.  Until that happens, we're stuck with the existing duopoly.  FPTP strangles smaller political groupings and fledgling political movements at birth, and disproportionately rewards the largest party with too much power.  It enables the likes of Johnson.

Sadly, there appears to be no appetite in the country for an alternative.

No apologies necessary.  It's the simple truth. This whole mess is down to fptp.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #9253 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 18:45:03 »

No apologies necessary.  It's the simple truth. This whole mess is down to fptp.

We had a vote on that. Anyway the weasel that instigated that is doing alright now so fuck you you little people, I’m alright Jack.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #9254 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 19:34:13 »

We had a vote on that. Anyway the weasel that instigated that is doing alright now so fuck you you little people, I’m alright Jack.

We did.  That doesn't mean our current system is for for purpose.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 616 [617] 618 619 620 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: