Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188356 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #8340 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:07:17 »

Actually, I could take it to Asda or Sainsbury as they have the recycling bins outside.

This.

Ignore
« Reply #8341 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:10:52 »

I'll still recycle and will just bundle it up and crush the cans etc. No biggy.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8342 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:16:05 »

I'll still recycle and will just bundle it up and crush the cans etc. No biggy.

Or drink less beer?  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #8343 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:22:48 »

Or drink less beer?  Smiley

Absolutely not Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8344 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:29:53 »

Just out of interest how big are these recycling boxes?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #8345 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:59:17 »

They should be 55 litres. Most councils use 240 litre bins fortnightly so the average family would need 8 boxes per month or a fat bastard to squash everything.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8346 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:04:04 »

They should be 55 litres. Most councils use 240 litre bins fortnightly so the average family would need 8 boxes per month or a fat bastard to squash everything.

West Northants just uses the 240 litre bins fortnightly also and we just put all acceptable recycling straight into that, our recycling bin is generally pretty full after the 2 weeks so I think we'd struggle if this was stretched to a month. Are the boxes so you separate the different recycling types? Just trying to ascertain the point of the boxes if you have the bin anyway?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8347 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:10:07 »

One box for cardboard, another for cans and bottles. The plastic is bagged up separately.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #8348 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:11:16 »

I think swindon still sort at the kerbside into compartments on the truck so it does help the crews if people sort into different boxes but I don't think it's a requirement. Kerbside sort is the best method for quality, less rejections etc. But it is bloody hard work and is relatively slow.

Disruption in waste services is becoming a problem in a lot of places because of covid and brexit. https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/wave-of-disruption-hits-waste-services/

That's a Have I got news for you industry news site contender although no paper version unfortunately.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8349 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:13:58 »

I think swindon still sort at the kerbside into compartments on the truck so it does help the crews if people sort into different boxes but I don't think it's a requirement. Kerbside sort is the best method for quality, less rejections etc. But it is bloody hard work and is relatively slow.

Disruption in waste services is becoming a problem in a lot of places because of covid and brexit. https://www.letsrecycle.com/news/latest-news/wave-of-disruption-hits-waste-services/

That's a Have I got news for you industry news site contender although no paper version unfortunately.

Thanks. That explains why our Council Tax is so bloody high then that us minions don't need to sort our recycling!

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8350 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:23:54 »

I have now jumped over to Vale of White Horse from Swindon Council - I don't miss the numerous small recycling boxes that I used to use in Swindon - now put all recycling in one large wheelie stlye bin - much easier.  And we have a seperate foodwaste/composte bin which is great as well - our rubbish bin now smells much better than when food waste was all in..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8351 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:32:55 »

I have now jumped over to Vale of White Horse from Swindon Council - I don't miss the numerous small recycling boxes that I used to use in Swindon - now put all recycling in one large wheelie stlye bin - much easier.  And we have a seperate foodwaste/composte bin which is great as well - our rubbish bin now smells much better than when food waste was all in..

Sounds the same as us. Recycling bin, garden waste bin, general waste bin and then a smaller food waste bin. It seems to work well.

In London we had no bins at all (Wandsworth) so on Tuesday nights our flat would have bags upon bags of recycling and rubbish outside the front of it. Foxes and other wildlife would have a field day and the street would stink in summer on bin day. I used to hate that.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8352 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:17:07 »

Sounds the same as us. Recycling bin, garden waste bin, general waste bin and then a smaller food waste bin. It seems to work well.

In London we had no bins at all (Wandsworth) so on Tuesday nights our flat would have bags upon bags of recycling and rubbish outside the front of it. Foxes and other wildlife would have a field day and the street would stink in summer on bin day. I used to hate that.

Apart from the Garden Waste (which you have to pay for separately) we don't have bins. Black bags for General waste (including food) & Green for Recycling.

At our previous house it was much the same, except we had bins rather than bags.

It seems a bit bonkers that every council seems to do it a different way, you would think they'd have worked out by now what is best & all do it that way
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8353 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:19:32 »

The old metal Dusnins in the 70's worked just fine!

So, give no fucks
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8354 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:45:01 »

I have now jumped over to Vale of White Horse from Swindon Council - I don't miss the numerous small recycling boxes that I used to use in Swindon - now put all recycling in one large wheelie stlye bin - much easier.  And we have a seperate foodwaste/composte bin which is great as well - our rubbish bin now smells much better than when food waste was all in..
ditto, I quite enjoy the foodwaste caddy too

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: