Pages: 1 ... 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204142 times)

Ignore
« Reply #8325 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:20:37 »

Here's a copy of the text from the email I received.....

Swindon Borough Council

Temporary changes to recycling collections in Swindon   View in browser
Important information about your waste and recycling collections
Due to a surge in staff shortages because of the continued impacts of COVID-19 and current staff sickness, alongside a national shortage of HGV drivers, we’re currently unable to provide our standard recycling service.

From today (19 July) all households across the Borough will move to a temporary four weekly recycling box collection (paper, cardboard, tins, glass). All other waste collections remain unchanged.

Due to the complicated nature of the collection rounds, please read the below information carefully.

If your recycling collection is due this week (week commencing 19 July), you should put your recycling boxes out as normal. If your recycling is collected, your next collection will take place in four weeks’ time (week commencing 16 August). If your recycling is not collected within 24 hours, please bring it in and put it back out on your next collection day in two weeks’ time (week commencing 2 August).

If your recycling collection is due next week (week commencing 26 July), you should put your recycling boxes out as normal next week. If your recycling is collected, your next collection will take place in four weeks’ time (week commencing 23 August). If your recycling is not collected within 24 hours, please bring it in and put it back out on your next collection day (week commencing 9 August).

We will keep this under regular review and will return to our normal service as soon as possible. We’ll let you know as soon as anything changes and our website is currently being updated with further advice.

During this period the recycling crews will be collecting additional recycling, providing it is presented in sturdy containers. Excess cardboard must be broken down into manageable pieces and bundled neatly next to recycling boxes ready for collection.

Please note these changes don’t affect black wheelie bin, blue bag, plastic recycling, food waste, garden waste or clinical waste collections. If you receive any of these services, these will continue as normal.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please share this message with friends, family and neighbours in Swindon Borough, as well as those you know don’t have internet access.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8326 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:28:11 »

I assume we will get a small percentage of our council tax refunded - rather than the council allowing us to fully pay for services they do not provide
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8327 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:29:32 »

I'll put them back out in a fortnight. Trouble is the boxes are pretty much brimmed every 2 weeks, 4 weeks will need bigger boxes.

Yeah mine too, I'm lucky enough to have some spare boxes though
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8328 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:31:07 »

I assume we will get a small percentage of our council tax refunded - rather than the council allowing us to fully pay for services they do not provide

Refuse collection accounts for about £2 a month of your council tax. The rest is social care.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8329 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:33:18 »

Refuse collection accounts for about £2 a month of your council tax. The rest is social care.

Bit of an exaggeration. Here's the real figures:

https://www.swindon.gov.uk/downloads/file/6901/council_tax_booklet_202122
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8330 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:33:47 »

Two quid is two quid  Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #8331 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 07:37:16 »

They'll maybe create parishes within the already ridiculous parishes? Grass cutting has gone to pot too this year which they were created to tackle. I get the wild grass areas for butterflies and bees etc and that should be encouraged (if that's even why some areas are not being cut regularly) I'm on about the other areas neglected like they were prior to the parishes being created.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8332 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:21:23 »

Come on you lot, prime time to get together for a picture with your arms folded looking fumin' which can go in the Advertiser.

On recycling can't you just take it to the local place, we live in a little village and everything bar glass can be disposed of in large bins at the recycling spot in the village? Don't know why this isn't adopted in the UK, in France they don't do kerbside, just have bins in various locations that people take it to as and when required.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8333 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:31:09 »

Trouble is going to the tip is like going through airport security these days. I'd take it to the tip local to where I work as it's a smaller set up than the Swindon one, but because I don't live nearby I can't. Bloody stupid if you ask me.

Actually, I could take it to Asda or Sainsbury as they have the recycling bins outside.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8334 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:33:15 »

It’s quite simple, once the recycle bins are full the rest goes in the wheelie bin 🤷‍♂️
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8335 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:38:01 »

I did think the last page or so sounded like it should have been in a 1st world problems thread..

Won't somebody think of the kids...

I guess everybody is running out of things to get angry about now that the Grand prix result has died down..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8336 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:41:15 »

At least any lazy fuckers will only have to get off the sofa once a month to put the bins out instead of twice!

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8337 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:47:04 »

I did think the last page or so sounded like it should have been in a 1st world problems thread..

Won't somebody think of the kids...

I guess everybody is running out of things to get angry about now that the Grand prix result has died down..

I was thinking more mumsnet.....  Wink Wink
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8338 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:52:26 »

The way things are going he will still be playing a similar standard to us!

Who Boris?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8339 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 08:54:44 »

You highlighted my mistake😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: