Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203332 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8295 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 15:14:19 »

Just reinforces the point that case numbers are now irrelevant and that opening up is the right thing to do as vaccinations aren’t going to stop everyone getting it, they’ll just reduce the severity in the majority of cases.

This.

I’d like to add something I was told a week ago. This from a very good and honest friend who is my age and lives in another part of the country. His daughter is a doctor, very qualified doctor in a hospital. He asked me if I thought the govt were right regarding the 19th. I replied yes 100%. He then relayed this to me.

If you’re a fertile woman who takes the pill you are x 10 more likely to get a blood clot from the pill than the AZ vaccine, this also applies to males in this age group though (before one of you smart arsed wankers say it) clearly they do not obviously take the pill. Whatever the stats are for blood clots from the pill the AZ is clearly a more than viable vaccine. Further more, deaths from double jabbed adults who have taken the AZ jab currently is 0, a big fat zero. The Pfizer is jab is 97% effectiveagainst covid death and the Moderna 95%. So in essence somewhere between 3 & 5% of deaths from covid are from Double jabbed adults. Clearly, being double jabbed won’t stop you getting it but if you think that’s not good enough and you’d rather take your chances and not get jabbed, tough shit if you die, no sympathy from me whatsoever. No excuse not to be jabbed, end of, unless their is a medical reason obviously.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8296 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 15:58:20 »

it's good its this far mild for him too. If the very vast majority of those that are double jabbed get mildish symptoms, job done
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8297 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 16:34:10 »

Personally I think they should stop reporting case numbers now as they are misleading and open to too much scaremongering, it should be restricted to hospital numbers and deaths now but then those numbers are far less dramatic for the headline makers now people are vaccinated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8298 on: Saturday, July 17, 2021, 16:39:53 »

Bonus payments for making appearance 😀👍

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8299 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 07:25:04 »

Both the PM and Chancellor have joined a handy pilot and been randomly selected to join a group which means they won't have to self isolate.

Pull the other one.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:25:33 by Nemo » Logged
Crackity Jones

« Reply #8300 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 07:52:34 »

It's good to see that the link between infection, hospitalisation and death has been weakened by the Vaccination program. So in that context it makes sense to open up the country fully.

But on the flip side, with infections rapidly increasing, we increase the potential for new variants to emerge and also we increase the potential for the variants of the virus to "learn" to deal with the vaccine potentially rendering them less effective.

Also its clear that something needs to be done with the test and trace system. With increasing pings businesses and services will grind to a halt because people are self isolating, possibly unnecessarily. Here's hoping the pilot scheme Johnson and Sunak were randomly (yeah right) chosen to participate in is a success.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #8301 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 07:55:39 »

Both the PM and Chancellor have been randomly selected to join a pilot which means they won't have to self isolate.

Pull the other one.

All animals are equal but those in the Tory party are more equal than others.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8302 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 07:57:12 »

You never know who's shagging who either Pint

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8303 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:09:55 »

Both the PM and Chancellor have been randomly selected to join a pilot which means they won't have to self isolate.

Pull the other one.
Fake news bro!

They have signed up to a 'pilot programme'.

Something you would expect a leadership team to do if you are trying to encourage change amongst the workforce or in this case the general populous.

There is nothing I can see anywhere about membership of the pilot involving random selection, other than in your post.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #8304 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:12:23 »

Rules are for the peasants. The government can do what the fuck they like and lie lie lie continually. Good luck herd.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8305 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:18:55 »

There's been a positive case in my lads year so now the whole year has to isolate until Friday, meaning he'll miss his last week in Reception. Try explaining to a 5 year old why we can't go to the football field or the park because one of his friends has coronavirus.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8306 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:22:07 »

Fake news bro!

They have signed up to a 'pilot programme'.

Something you would expect a leadership team to do if you are trying to encourage change amongst the workforce or in this case the general populous.

There is nothing I can see anywhere about membership of the pilot involving random selection, other than in your post.

Randomly joining the pilot is the wrong phrasing yes, you're right - the randomness comes from the pilot scheme randomly allocating participants between self-isolate and don't self-isolate groups (so far, Gove, Johnson and Sunak all came out on the don't self isolate side, which isn't vanishingly long odds but certainly helpful).

But the ability to join the pilot scheme does not appear to open to all, does it? It's not that they're trying to encourage everyone to join this new scheme, because everyone can't. It looks like a dodge of the rules, which at a time when they're asking 500k+ people a week to self-isolate is... well, risky.

It might well, as you suggest, encourage a change amongst the general populace. But not a change that the rules recommend just yet.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:25:00 by Nemo » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8307 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:24:22 »

There's been a positive case in my lads year so now the whole year has to isolate until Friday, meaning he'll miss his last week in Reception. Try explaining to a 5 year old why we can't go to the football field or the park because one of his friends has coronavirus.
'Your mate is poorly and you might be poorly too. So, to make sure you are OK, you have to stay at home. I know you might feel ok, but that's because you are really strong. If you went to the football field or park, you might pass it on to someone who isn't as fit and strong as you. Hey! How about we spend some time doing X, Y or Z?'

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8308 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:36:56 »

Randomly joining the pilot is the wrong phrasing yes, you're right - the randomness comes from the pilot scheme randomly allocating participants between self-isolate and don't self-isolate groups (so far, Gove, Johnson and Sunak all came out on the don't self isolate side, which isn't vanishingly long odds but certainly helpful).

But the ability to join the pilot scheme does not appear to open to all, does it? It's not that they're trying to encourage everyone to join this new scheme, because everyone can't. It looks like a dodge of the rules, which at a time when they're asking 500k+ people a week to self-isolate is... well, risky.
I know someone who spent much of last week trying to 'encourage' people to come back in to the work place, which has a plethora of covid-secure rules in place. Their staff didn't feel 'comfortable' sitting near someone who's child had to stay home because there was someone in their class that had tested positive. They said that another person has allegedly been close to a someone a week ago that has now tested positive - so felt they should isolate for the good of the team!

We have to get the country back on its feet. The vaccination programme is all about protecting those who are most vulnerable so that we can start trying to let everyone lead more normal lives. We can't flick a switch, but we can transition. The self isolation thing is an extreme precaution. We have to look for other, less risk averse measures, now the most vulnerable parts of our community have had the opportunity to protect themselves (don't get me on to anti-vaxers).

To be honest, if we are looking for 'guinea pigs' then I can't think of many more odious men that I would want to test something out on than BJ!

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8309 on: Sunday, July 18, 2021, 08:45:13 »

Both my girls are having to self-isolate because of positive cases in their classes. The eldest is in year 6 and will miss the end of school stuff because of this. I previously respected the self-isolating rules and why they were needed, but now we're actually having to do it it's all a bit farcical given that me and the wife can carry on as usual but the kids aren't allowed to leave home.

Whether there actually are positive cases in school, or whether some unscrupulous parents just want to get away for their summer holiday a bit early is something that crossed my mind.

Cases rising is only a worry for me if hospitals start to get overwhelmed again. Child no.3 is due in three weeks time and I could do without the hospital being in crisis mode.
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 553 [554] 555 556 557 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: