Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188635 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7740 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 00:09:03 »

Having moved here and returned a few times, the amount of litter in the UK is insane, looks as messy as NYC can do.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7741 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 07:25:25 »

Same here although the only litter I remember seeing in the late 70's was bog rolls being chucked on the pitch from the Town end!
Remember those days well, no good having a shit on a British Rail train on a Saturday, unless you brought your own paper. Moon Moon

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7742 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 08:20:54 »

Having moved here and returned a few times, the amount of litter in the UK is insane, looks as messy as NYC can do.

It's one of the first things I notice after pulling off the ferry at Dover.  So different the other side of the Channel.
Littering is a British disease, and I'll never understand why so many tolerate it here.  For a country that tends to take environmental matters seriously in general, it's rather surprising.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7743 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:31:20 »

Interesting blog post on the BMJ site from Stephen Reicher and John Drury, two of the behavioural scientists who's work on SPI-B feeds into SAGE, which I think gives considerable weight to theakston's and Panda Paws' scepticism/reluctance about the introduction of "vaccine passports" as a way of opening things up and whether it would help or hinder the roll out

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/04/01/how-to-lose-friends-and-alienate-people-on-the-problems-of-vaccine-passports/#content
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7744 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 05:35:03 »

Interesting statistic from Piss Stain University. 23% of all reported Covid deaths were not actually caused by the virus. People died who had tested positive but from causes unrelated to the virus.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7745 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 06:34:47 »

Interesting statistic from Piss Stain University. 23% of all reported Covid deaths were not actually caused by the virus. People died who had tested positive but from causes unrelated to the virus.

It is a blatant lie. The hard left zealots on this forum would love the total to be double what it is though they’d not admit it, just to hurl more bile, vitriol and hate towards the hard right facist government, it’s voters (😁) and that cunt Boris Johnson. Interestingly, where last year the screaming was at our death rate and poor preparedness and look how wonderfully every other country is doing has suddenly disappeared (🤔), I wonder why? I doubt very, very much all other countries have been wholly upfront about their death rates and systems to record this statistic. Anyway back to the OP, it is reported in the Daily Mail (dontcha, just love that bastion of truthfulness and quality journalism) so it has to be at best unreliable at worst a fucking lie. Happy Wednesday you lovely people.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7746 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 06:56:34 »

It is a blatant lie. The hard left zealots on this forum would love the total to be double what it is though they’d not admit it, just to hurl more bile, vitriol and hate towards the hard right facist government, it’s voters (😁) and that cunt Boris Johnson. Interestingly, where last year the screaming was at our death rate and poor preparedness and look how wonderfully every other country is doing has suddenly disappeared (🤔), I wonder why? I doubt very, very much all other countries have been wholly upfront about their death rates and systems to record this statistic. Anyway back to the OP, it is reported in the Daily Mail (dontcha, just love that bastion of truthfulness and quality journalism) so it has to be at best unreliable at worst a fucking lie. Happy Wednesday you lovely people.
Brazil perhaps but western democracies?  Are you aware of any grounds for "other countries" not being as "upfront" as the UK?  
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 06:59:08 by RedRag » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7747 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 06:59:25 »

You OK hun?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7748 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:04:24 »

Of course it’s a lie, if they didn’t massage the figures to make it look worse than it is it would be harder to spread fear and push ahead on the vaccine front.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7749 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:19:16 »

Surely that statistic makes the figures look a whole lot better not worse.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7750 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:28:36 »

I think you need to re-read what Audrey has put before going on the counter and defending your precious Tories  Doh

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7751 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 07:33:10 »

Strangely enough, I’m sure I read that this morning on Sky News website. It has since disappeared.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7752 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:15:19 »

Strangely enough, I’m sure I read that this morning on Sky News website. It has since disappeared.

I saw it too, not there now. At the risk of being called a conspiracy theorist I’d say someone at the government had it removed.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7753 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:22:34 »

Found it. It’s The Telegraph

* 48232CCD-96B7-4C2F-897B-4C0BCBB6A227.jpeg (496.04 KB, 538x1809 - viewed 55 times.)
Flashheart

« Reply #7754 on: Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 08:31:40 »

Found it. It’s The Telegraph

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, my guess is that the Torygraph is twisting it.

Nobody dies from aids. They die from diseases caused by aids (like pneumonia) but that doesn't mean aids is a killer. I suspect these figures are showing a similar thing and, although COVID may not be the cause itself, it's likely the person would not have died if not for COVID.

I did try and find the ONS report but it appears not to have been cited, which is also rather telling. The Torygraph is not the respectable (albeit biased) rag it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: