Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 66802 times)
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, July 9, 2018, 22:40:59 »

In Swindon today so called in to collect our tickets.  One name spelt wrong, apparently our fault as they would only input what the info was.  Asked them to check it out, came back and said yes there is an error but we will change it on our system but you cannot have a new card!

I'm looking forward to listening to Power when he tries to spin the massive drop in ST numbers for next season. He's due on the radio about now for his annual pre-season rimming by Hodgetts, so make sure you all tune in.

We have a threadbare squad, no marquee signings and fuck-all to look forward to next season apart from more spin, promises, bullshit and bollocks.

Good luck to you poor saps who can't break the habit, but for the first time around 20 seasons I wont be there. Just not feeling it anymore (words that I never thought I say, let alone act upon) and I refuse to further line the pockets of a paranoid, uneducated, cockney idiot.

McCormick's arrival put the tin hat on it for me. I appreciate everyone has a view on it, but whichever way you cut it, the cunt killed 2 kids whilst being shit-faced behind the wheel of a car. He chose to drive while pissed and ended up killing someones kids as a direct cause of his actions.

I don't give a fuck about his remorse, his excuses or whatever he may have done since. Why the fuck would our club court that kind of needless, destructive controversy here?

Simple answer; It's not our club, and it won't be again unless the trust or a wealthy(ish) consortium - or a combination of the two - kick the fuckwitt out and re-engage with fans.

When that happens, or at least when he's gone for good, I'll be back.

Good luck next season.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 06:18:22 »

Ok bye bye

Things get better but they never get good
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 06:19:54 »

In Swindon today so called in to collect our tickets.  One name spelt wrong, apparently our fault as they would only input what the info was.  Asked them to check it out, came back and said yes there is an error but we will change it on our system but you cannot have a new card!

#FirstWorldProblems

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 06:30:23 »

not going to be popular, stripping out the LM stuff (separate thread), there are some valid concerns in there.

still think they must be working on better mind.

too late to effect  season ticket sales. it'll be interesting to see what attendances settle down as next September . they help  held up well last year
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 13:07:01 »

Don't we have a similar fucking response like JRT's. Every season?

It surprises me how some so called "grown adults" seem to have the emotional stability of a 13 year old girl.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 13:31:06 »

TBH, I’m not ‘feeling it’ either and haven’t since after the play offs. My attendance has dropped season on season, BUT for some illogical reason I always think things will pick up, we’ll stumble upon a couple of corkers.

I’m a bit concerned that we seem to be heading down the dreaded talented youngsters on loan road again, but the experienced shit Flitcroft signed last pre season was nothing to write home about.

I’m pinning my hopes on those coming in will be better than those heading out - not hard in most cases - and that Brown can’t be as big a prick as Flitcroft. Surely this young black fella can score more than the 5 goals from open play that Norris managed and McGlashan just can’t be worse than McDermott.

If he can also extract a tune from Anderson and Woolery we’ll be fine. Vigs back in goal has got to be a huge bonus, too.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 13:32:50 »

It is much like the "we want our club back" dross that the facebook groups come out with

I come from a land down-under
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 13:59:08 »

It is much like the "we want our club back" dross that the facebook groups come out with

Indeed.

I'm all for a "TRUST owned" style club, via fan ownership+consortium if done right. A lot of clubs aren't though and are just owned by one or a small team of say up to five wealthy people. This is what people then need to accept;

Yes it's "your club" in your heart and mind and you pay "your money" to go and watch them. However, we're simply paying for a service, a pastime of entertainment. We can go to the theatre or the cinema and even be annual members. We can go sometimes and say "that was great" or "that was a shit play". We can go to a weekly comedy club or gig scene and have the same feeling "she was great", "he was shit", "they were awesome". The principle in heart and mind is the same, as a member of a local theatre I often think "they put on some great acts and I feel like I'm part of it".

We may well go to football matches, comedy clubs, theatres, etc and we would support any action for them to remain but we do not own it. When people harp on about "this is my club, I want it back", sorry it isn't happening because you have never and likely will never "own" it. Unless you come into a substantial amount of money. Even then, the current owner would not necessarily be inclined to sell. In any case, even if one of us did "own" it, there would still be thousands of global Town fans that didn't.

Until some realise this, they'll continue to be angry for a long long time.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 13:59:55 »

The way I see it is this:

We've already offered reasonable players a contract, they've declined (Preston, etc)
We've offloaded Mullins and Norris.
We've brought in options that I'm guessing aren't the same cost as the above.

I know we need to reduce the bill, but I reckon there is a bit in the kitty yet.

I do, however, remain a bit disappointment we don't have them in already.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 14:35:22 »

The way I see it is this:

We've already offered reasonable players a contract, they've declined (Preston, etc)
We've offloaded Mullins and Norris.
We've brought in options that I'm guessing aren't the same cost as the above.

I know we need to reduce the bill, but I reckon there is a bit in the kitty yet.

I do, however, remain a bit disappointment we don't have them in already.

By my calcs season starts 3 weeks Saturday.... we're not exactly in disarray, but do look significantly weaker than last season. Still a bit of time to sort something out.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 14:48:21 »

I am just concerned about us not signing a marquee, if we get some wet weather we are going to be fucked.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 14:54:31 »

I am just concerned about us not signing a marquee, if we get some wet weather we are going to be fucked.

We're more gazebo.... Detectorists style..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 15:32:56 »

By my calcs season starts 3 weeks Saturday.... we're not exactly in disarray, but do look significantly weaker than last season. Still a bit of time to sort something out.
Weaker where? In numbers, maybe. But I find it difficult to see how we could possible be weaker taking into account the dross that has been got rid of. Apart from Preston, who would you like to have kept?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 15:47:08 »

I can't see how you can't conclude we are weaker.

we've not replaced those who have left , some were starters.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 16:11:49 »

I can't see how you can't conclude we are weaker.

we've not replaced those who have left , some were starters.

Throw in the walking wounded and suspended and as things stand we're significantly weaker...... assuming Matty Taylor is playing LB, then we've got Chris Robertson and Joe Romanski in middle of defence with Knoyle at RB.  A kid in midfield with a handful of games alondgside a fella who's played 1 league game for Carlisle.... up front another kid on loan alongside Keshi and Twine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: