Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Intel Stand  (Read 26295 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 20:02:16 »

Out of interest, can you tell us all what you would  consider to be a sign of intent?

With regards to club fan interaction..... this was my wish list at the end of the season

Sort of thing required... get recruitment done early. Get a structured set of friendlies in place asap. If there is to be a bonding trip like Brown had, early recruitment means you have the players to bond, not like last year's brush up Phil's tan mission.

Have an open day at the CG in the school hols... doesn't have to be all singing/dancing Fitton style... more a meet and greet new players, maybe an open training session get the kids/mums etc having selfies taken etc.   Mix this up with the Trust revealing plans for the CG purchase , and trying to sell some shares... emphasising the joint venture and reassuring fans that we're in this together.

Hold a Q and A forum at the CG, one evening.... ideally Wellens and Power, but I wouldn't expect Power.... maybe Anderson would do, or Morfuni.

As regards the squad, Wellens has mostly done his business early and provided a reasonable explanation of why he hasn't so far got a striker over the line. He's also said he's going to use Kaiyne through the middle, as well as Yates being his prime target.

Intent, with what's left to come in would be holding midfielder, assuming Toumani, ian't coming back into the picture, some sort of cover for Rose, as I think his fitness record is just to suspect to rely on for a season.  Then if we can land Theo, another body up front, to provide competition, rotate and come off the bench... chuck Bennett into that, and it would certainly look a whole heap better than a year ago.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 20:47:52 »

For so long I have heard about this second concourse and I have never been able to work our where it is?

Much like when they talk about taking seats out and putting boxes in.

Directly above your head when in the concourse.  It's just and empty shell currently.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 20:48:43 »

Why not use the second concourse?

I assume the catering company still have sole rights inside the ground
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, July 4, 2019, 20:57:50 »

With regards to club fan interaction..... this was my wish list at the end of the season

As regards the squad, Wellens has mostly done his business early and provided a reasonable explanation of why he hasn't so far got a striker over the line. He's also said he's going to use Kaiyne through the middle, as well as Yates being his prime target.

Intent, with what's left to come in would be holding midfielder, assuming Toumani, ian't coming back into the picture, some sort of cover for Rose, as I think his fitness record is just to suspect to rely on for a season.  Then if we can land Theo, another body up front, to provide competition, rotate and come off the bench... chuck Bennett into that, and it would certainly look a whole heap better than a year ago.
So, basically, what you are saying is that there are signs of intent.....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 06:59:31 »

So, basically, what you are saying is that there are signs of intent.....

I'm looking for an auto squad... we won't know for another 4 weeks, when the process is more or less done, but atm, there are signs we could have an improved season
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: