Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 66815 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 21:35:56 »

I've done the 10 month interest free option for the last few years.  Can't remember there being an admin fee before?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 21:53:38 »

there wasn't
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 19, 2018, 23:17:50 »

There was at first. And then there wasn't for a couple of years. And now there is again. Work out if it's cheaper than paying off your credit card and pick your options accordingly.

Am I being irrational in finding the very shortened early bird window and lack of clarity over how much it will go up if I miss it, both annoying on a personal level and slightly worrying on a "smacks of a business with a cashflow crisis" level?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 07:14:14 »

Paul, the link AldbourneRed posted now has all the phase price increase details.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 08:29:48 »

Ah cheers, and I see from that the "admin fee" is actually 6.8% rather than a fixed 25 quid. So looking a lot like not very interest free after all, just grabbing it via a different route
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 09:19:14 »

Indeed, if you are buying an adult ticket on finance, you save just over £1 over last year's interest free/no fee offer.

if you are a family buying 2 adult 2 u18 on finance you are 40 worse off over the interest free/no fee offer.

obviously the second window last year had an admin fee of £28, so things aren't as bad if you compete it to that.

it's swings and roundabouts. thankfully I have the cash this year so I'll save 60
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 11:20:21 by Batch » Logged
normy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 11:05:23 »

Good value for this old codger. bought it today £270 renewal in the DRS.

ust be the oldest
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 12:54:54 »

Ah cheers, and I see from that the "admin fee" is actually 6.8% rather than a fixed 25 quid. So looking a lot like not very interest free after all, just grabbing it via a different route

It is a very tight window, which as you suggest may be cash needed quickly knowing they are likely to get a fir bit of money, why else only give 10 days to renew, again lack of communication and clairty to deafening.
The club seems to have a chief exec that nobody hears from and an owner that only speaks to the radio.
Panda Paws

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 13:19:24 »

It is a very tight window, which as you suggest may be cash needed quickly knowing they are likely to get a fir bit of money, why else only give 10 days to renew, again lack of communication and clairty to deafening.
The club seems to have a chief exec that nobody hears from and an owner that only speaks to the radio.

What do you want clarifying? What lacks clarity? The season ticket offer is pretty damn clear, including phase 2 pricing no?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 13:27:02 »

I don't think the P2 stuff was on the original pdf, but they rectified it pretty quickly.

can't think of anything else. window is stupidly short given lack of interest free/no fee option, I'll agree there.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 13:32:35 »

knowing they are likely to get a fir bit of money
Is that from the magic money tree?
Panda Paws

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 13:36:15 »

I don't think the P2 stuff was on the original pdf, but they rectified it pretty quickly.

can't think of anything else. window is stupidly short given lack of interest free/no fee option, I'll agree there.

Not disagreeing with the feelings re short window. Was more wondering where an accusation of lack of clarity is coming from.

Also, re the short window, it is a bit annoying, but the credit option sort of covers that off in my book, if I was to get one.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 14:15:57 »

Also, re the short window, it is a bit annoying, but the credit option sort of covers that off in my book, if I was to get one.
I think the %age admin fee negates that a little tbh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 14:29:28 »

I think the %age admin fee negates that a little tbh.

It does for some, that's for sure. That said, its only a consideration if you can pay cash later I suppose. If you can't you'd do it now. Obviously.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, February 22, 2018, 15:57:33 »

Peterborough have just started selling theirs for next season.

The headline in the local paper was effectively “Season ticket sales up 400%” which I thought was a bit odd, unless they had slashed prices.

Reading the story and it was stating they had sold about 150 on the first day compared to less than 40 last year.

It made me think what the adver headline would be, probably something like “Town season ticket sales less than 200”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: