Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 66776 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 16:12:23 »

With respect Reg there is no way we are weaker than last season at the same stage certainly, yes we have less players but of better quality, thats smply not true.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 16:19:20 »

Vigs; Knoyle, Lancashire, (Robertson or new signing), Taylor; Dunne, Alzate, Smith; McGlashan, Richards, Anderson

Thats in no way weaker than RCC; Purkiss, Robertson, Mayo, Iandolo; Mullin, Dunne, Taylor, Norris, McDermott, Gordon

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 16:37:49 »

Vigs; Knoyle, Lancashire, (Robertson or new signing), Taylor; Dunne, Alzate, Smith; McGlashan, Richards, Anderson

Thats in no way weaker than RCC; Purkiss, Robertson, Mayo, Iandolo; Mullin, Dunne, Taylor, Norris, McDermott, Gordon

As far as we know Lancashire is still not fit... Richards has a problem, and Dunne misses the first 3 games.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 16:40:39 »

As far as we know Lancashire is still not fit... Richards has a problem, and Dunne misses the first 3 games.
Even with that I don't see it as being THAT weak, we still have 3 weeks left to sign extra players, probably 3 more long term loans still as well as possible permanent signings, whereas that team from last season was the team we had mid season not the team we had 2 weeks before season kick off.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 16:42:54 »

And Conroy hasn't featured yet. I'm told he has recovered, but to what degree - and naturally he's bound to be rusty.

Alzate, Smith; and in some respects McGlashan are a bit of an unknown.
--
Have to say my view of "weaker" is based on the squad since January.

Anywho, the proof will be in the pudding.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 17:27:31 »

And Conroy hasn't featured yet. I'm told he has recovered, but to what degree - and naturally he's bound to be rusty.

Alzate, Smith; and in some respects McGlashan are a bit of an unknown.
--
Have to say my view of "weaker" is based on the squad since January.

Anywho, the proof will be in the pudding.

JM does have some lower league experience...PB knows him; he's started 22 games in the last 2 season but comes off the bench a lot, he'll probably be OK.  Alzate is a kid, so unfair to expect too much from him and Smith has played 1 league game 2 years ago, so very much a punt.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 18:19:04 »

not going to be popular, stripping out the LM stuff (separate thread), there are some valid concerns in there.

still think they must be working on better mind.

too late to effect  season ticket sales. it'll be interesting to see what attendances settle down as next September . they help  held up well last year
I don't think there are, especially concerning the squad. Does anyone really believe that there won't be more signings before the start of the season?

I'm no fan of Power but he's still not the Great Satan until proved otherwise.

And just because someone has lost interest, it doesn't make the rest of us saps.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 18:24:35 »

Throw in the walking wounded and suspended and as things stand we're significantly weaker...... assuming Matty Taylor is playing LB, then we've got Chris Robertson and Joe Romanski in middle of defence with Knoyle at RB.  A kid in midfield with a handful of games alondgside a fella who's played 1 league game for Carlisle.... up front another kid on loan alongside Keshi and Twine.
There may be a point regarding the injured (especially Lancashire) and inexperienced but you can't use a three match suspension to support a claim that we've got a significantly weaker squad than this stage last season. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 18:54:51 »

There may be a point regarding the injured (especially Lancashire) and inexperienced but you can't use a three match suspension to support a claim that we've got a significantly weaker squad than this stage last season. 

We could do with hitting the ground running.... suspensions are unfortunate, but last season we were top after 3 games, although not hugely indicative, in our condition we don't need the mood to turn hostile, so a decent start would help....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 19:25:23 »

@leftside - I'd be amazed if we get no more perms in, let alone loans.

was interesting to discuss things as we stand today though
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, July 10, 2018, 22:29:58 »

Indeed.

I'm all for a "TRUST owned" style club, via fan ownership+consortium if done right. A lot of clubs aren't though and are just owned by one or a small team of say up to five wealthy people. This is what people then need to accept;

Yes it's "your club" in your heart and mind and you pay "your money" to go and watch them. However, we're simply paying for a service, a pastime of entertainment. We can go to the theatre or the cinema and even be annual members. We can go sometimes and say "that was great" or "that was a shit play". We can go to a weekly comedy club or gig scene and have the same feeling "she was great", "he was shit", "they were awesome". The principle in heart and mind is the same, as a member of a local theatre I often think "they put on some great acts and I feel like I'm part of it".

We may well go to football matches, comedy clubs, theatres, etc and we would support any action for them to remain but we do not own it. When people harp on about "this is my club, I want it back", sorry it isn't happening because you have never and likely will never "own" it. Unless you come into a substantial amount of money. Even then, the current owner would not necessarily be inclined to sell. In any case, even if one of us did "own" it, there would still be thousands of global Town fans that didn't.

Until some realise this, they'll continue to be angry for a long long time.

You've typed out a counter-argument quite well there Bamboo, but I'm not taking lectures from you on the psychological theory of why or how humans support sporting (or other) entities.

My beef isn't with Power on a personal level as I don't know him personally, rather, it's the way he runs the club and his generally arrogant, cocky 'fuck em' attitude.

He's steadily disenfranchised fans pretty much from day one, but has always stuck to the maxim that the club needs to stand alone financially.

The irony of that little paradox seems lost on him and some others, so I'll spell it out; If you piss off enough fans / customers / subscribers / season ticket holders / whatever, you eventually lose their general goodwill, their patronage and their support, and of course their money, which impacts the bottom line of the business.

How arrogant or fucking stupid have you got to be not to do anything detrimental that then impacts upon the profitability of the business that you actually own?

My comment about the Trust buying the ground isn't because I necessarily support trust ownership of the business (though I suspect that they'd do a far more transparent and open job than Power and his henchman currently do) but more to hasten his exit when the anticipated cash-cow of a CG sale inevitably vanishes into the relative safety of trust ownership.

I'm fucking boring myself now.

Look, lets not fall out over this. I'm Town' and always have been, as you are yourself.

I think Power is a cunt, a useless businessman and is completely wrong for the club. That said, unless he fucks off and someone with serious money comes in, or one of us wins the lottery, he's unlikely to be ousted anytime soon.

In the face of that reality, I'm not going to do it any more, but I completely respect that others don't agree with me or are not at the same stage of disgruntlement that I've reached.

I won't stop giving my support to the team and will do more away games this season, so I'm not 100% out.

Here's to a great season on the pitch. Genuinely, enjoy it guys  Pint

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 17:53:14 »

Had mine posted, they have arrived already.

Club get a lot of grief, but they were really helpful with the queries I had.

PS  There's no truth in the rumour they were so desperate to sell them that they delivered them up here by hand Smiley

Stupid question - was there an option to have them posted when you bought them? I just don't remember one though I'm sure I would have ticked that option if it was available. Stupid amnesia..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 20:20:58 »

Stupid question - was there an option to have them posted when you bought them? I just don't remember one though I'm sure I would have ticked that option if it was available. Stupid amnesia..

I think there was, but I emailed the store & got a reply from a guy called Danny.
He was really helpful & put them in the post anyway
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 20:24:41 »

I think there was, but I emailed the store & got a reply from a guy called Danny.
He was really helpful & put them in the post anyway

Cheers thanks  Smiley

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Saturday, July 14, 2018, 20:35:31 »

Just a heads up, if anyone collected up any loyalty cash back over the past year or two, then it's all been wiped. Previous seasons you could use what you built up against next season shirt etc.
Now they wipe it at the end of the season kind off shit unless your buying a reduce shirt in April.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: