Pages: 1 ... 821 822 823 [824] 825 826 827 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996441 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #12345 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 18:44:06 »

I wonder If Robert Buckland follows the forum and reports back to HOC😀

Like I give a fuck. 😉
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12346 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 18:46:25 »

Like I give a fuck. 😉

You don't normally swear😀

So, give no fucks
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #12347 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 19:12:24 »

Electricity providers are allowed to cut you off (with 7 days notice) 28 days after not paying your bill. Whilst the idea is to hold out as long as possible, even if some people cancelled their direct debits and then reinstated them before the 28 days it would still make a point and mess up their predictions and cash flow enough to make them notice and act. You don't have to go extreme if you don't want to. Come on, fuck these companies. Their profits and pollution are insane.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 19:20:10 by mystical_goat » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12348 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 21:47:20 »

You don't normally swear😀

Fuck me you're right I don’t.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #12349 on: Sunday, August 7, 2022, 21:49:01 »

Electricity providers are allowed to cut you off (with 7 days notice) 28 days after not paying your bill. Whilst the idea is to hold out as long as possible, even if some people cancelled their direct debits and then reinstated them before the 28 days it would still make a point and mess up their predictions and cash flow enough to make them notice and act. You don't have to go extreme if you don't want to. Come on, fuck these companies. Their profits and pollution are insane.

You go first then.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #12350 on: Monday, August 8, 2022, 10:11:55 »

I'm saying there's a way to make your point without any negative implications. But yeah, sit there and don't act if you're sufficiently scared by nothing.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #12351 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 10:13:03 »

Some more info

And potential repercussions. Personally, I would cave before these become possible.

I'm not sure about the 3rd point there, about changing tariff. If I cancelled my direct debit today (for any reason), they wouldn't change my tariff.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 10:17:42 by mystical_goat » Logged
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #12352 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:04:39 »

Thanks for posting that, i'm glad they are pointing out the potential risks, as it would be awful it people ended up with CCJ's, paying more on higher tariffs as they didn't realise the risks.

Also good you've pointed out what people can do (and a lot of people would also cave like you have said you would do before they became possible).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62475171

Costs to be over £4.2k in January. Surely the Government can't wait until a new prime minister is installed to say anything. Get Liz Truss,Rishi Sunak, Boris etc together and agree something now for whoever is the PM.

I'm going back into the office full time in the Autumn (been working at home since Covid started). I probably won't be the only one. Will save heating my home in the day, and also running a laptop, screen's etc in the day as well. Still going to be difficult, but it will get my usage down a bit.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12353 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:10:12 »

Surely the Government can't wait until a new prime minister is installed to say anything. Get Liz Truss, Rishi Sunak, Boris etc together and agree something now for whoever is the PM.

Quite. Get Starmer in the room if they're worried about political blowback, this is heading towards being a proper national emergency and the government is asleep at the wheel.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12354 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 11:37:30 »

I'm going back into the office full time in the Autumn (been working at home since Covid started). I probably won't be the only one. Will save heating my home in the day, and also running a laptop, screen's etc in the day as well. Still going to be difficult, but it will get my usage down a bit.

That could well be an underlying factor in any decision NOT to take action.  The UK govt's position was to have people return back to their old ways of working due to the economic shock it has brought about on Commercial Real Estate.

In terms of the bills, the company sending that to you is likely making very little in profit because the price cap has only ever related to retail and not wholesale pricing.  It's the company extracting/producing that have been milking the prices caused by energy being traded like a commodity.  They had a bit of a case that Covid caused a year of pain, but that was only after decades of profit and now insane profits given they haven't had to do anything new to earn it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #12355 on: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 12:56:03 »

... It's the company extracting/producing that have been milking the prices caused by energy being traded like a commodity.....
The commodification of energy is an interesting issue.

Not sure where I heard this snippet (on the TEF possibly!) but someone asking why their "renewables only" energy contract has gone up so much, had it explained to them that the price of renewable energy had been raised as a result of the energy scarcity generally.

ie the bill did not escape massive hikes due to the cost of production or even supply remaining largely unchanged.  It balooned because the energy"market" had skyrocketed generally making renewables more pricey. [I personally know nothing about this sector].
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 9, 2022, 13:01:01 by RedRag » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #12356 on: Monday, September 5, 2022, 11:17:45 »

Margaret Thatcher appointed Tory leader
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12357 on: Monday, September 5, 2022, 11:18:06 »

So first PM younger than me, I'm getting old, reading up on her, her private life is a little more lively than I envisaged.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #12358 on: Monday, September 5, 2022, 11:32:36 »

Margaret Thatcher appointed Tory leader
Thatcher Tribute Act.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #12359 on: Monday, September 5, 2022, 11:44:14 »

Trust Truss……. To save the country or bugger it up further. If she can sort out the mess that Boris left behind she could be a shoe in for the next election. It’s a big ask.
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 823 [824] 825 826 827 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: