Pages: 1 ... 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2014398 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12390 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:59:20 »

A mini budget for the wealthy😡 fuck the rest of us already struggling at the lower end of the spectrum!

Quite, especially as if you have a mortgage the inevitable interest rate hike will bite....

You can't escape the Tories!

Putting the n into cuts since 1834.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12391 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 15:03:23 »

Quite, especially as if you have a mortgage the inevitable interest rate hike will bite....

Putting the n into cuts since 1834.

They know what their doing🤣

So, give no fucks
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #12392 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 19:29:23 »

I’m not sure what giving and extra £800 or so pounds per month to people earning £150k in a high savings rate environment will do for economic growth, but we will see.

Will help them afford the agency fees on their 4th or 5th rental property  Yes

This is a parody conservative budget. Oh, you’re struggling with fuel bills, don’t worry here’s an historically high cap, and if we get the PR right you will thank me for it, and vote me in for 5 more. Now, budget time let’s give the 1% the break they need. Great stuff.

Where’s the balance as well, super high risk gamble on out of nowhere growth. I don’t get the strategy, really thought once she was in there would be a switch to some responsible policy. Early signs are not good.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12393 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 09:35:27 »

Worthy of comment that the fascists appear to be back in power in Italy. They can gloss it over & spin it as much as they like, but that is what they are.

The days of reds under the beds are long gone across most of Europe it would seem.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12394 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 10:06:39 »

Will help them afford the agency fees on their 4th or 5th rental property  Yes

This is a parody conservative budget. Oh, you’re struggling with fuel bills, don’t worry here’s an historically high cap, and if we get the PR right you will thank me for it, and vote me in for 5 more. Now, budget time let’s give the 1% the break they need. Great stuff.

Where’s the balance as well, super high risk gamble on out of nowhere growth. I don’t get the strategy, really thought once she was in there would be a switch to some responsible policy. Early signs are not good.

Didn't Rishi warn against this type of budget when he was making his case for the premiership? Obviously it's captain hindsight stuff but it makes you wonder what he thinks of this and what he would have done differently.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12395 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 10:45:04 »

Worthy of comment that the fascists appear to be back in power in Italy. They can gloss it over & spin it as much as they like, but that is what they are.

The days of reds under the beds are long gone across most of Europe it would seem.

Indeed, I must admit to not knowing a great deal about them, we have the BBC rightly raising concern regarding the election of a 'far right' government in Italy, but when you read in the piece the ideology of those being elected and their policy objectives there appears to be little clear blue water between the incoming Italian administration and the present United Kingdom Government....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12396 on: Monday, September 26, 2022, 11:28:54 »

Didn't Rishi warn against this type of budget when he was making his case for the premiership? Obviously it's captain hindsight stuff but it makes you wonder what he thinks of this and what he would have done differently.

To be mildly fair to Sunak, he was definitely Cpt. Foresight on this one, he was the only Tory candidate not promising immediate huge tax cuts upon taking power. It wasn't exactly Delphic, but there you go. A Tory Chancellor almost deliberately tanking the currency, we really are through the looking glass now...

Sinking our currency whilst the major economic crisis is buying gas (in dollars) and whilst trying to borrow more (at rapidly rising interest rates) is a brave move. Very brave, in the words of Sir Humphrey...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12397 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 11:49:33 »

So both the IMF & the Bank of England are critical of new government.

Are they trying to ruin the economy ready for the next government to get the blame  🤷🏼‍♂️
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12398 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 13:59:15 »

Are they trying to ruin the economy ready for the next government to get the blame  🤷🏼‍♂️

Its not going so well if they are.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #12399 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 18:15:44 »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575389891453648901

I haven't paid that much attention to Truss, have enough of clown show politics over here.  This however suggests the UK has an imbecile in charge, best of luck (from an truly independent who has no party they align to).
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #12400 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 20:23:04 »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575389891453648901

I haven't paid that much attention to Truss, have enough of clown show politics over here.  This however suggests the UK has an imbecile in charge, best of luck (from an truly independent who has no party they align to).

I assume the new programme Make Me Prime Minister will reveal that Truss has won it, and it's all a big satire by Armando Ianucci. The alternative is Liz Truss is actually PM.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12401 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 20:56:20 »

nobody gave her a script for that one
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12402 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 07:33:05 »

A 33 (thirty-three) point poll lead. Christ on a fleet of bicycles. Obviously that's an outlier but Truss is doing a remarkably impressive job of tanking everything in sight at this point.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12403 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 08:01:05 »

She's got two years yet. They could still recover.

Or until Christmas. Not sure which.

Tory party needs a reset, so a heavy defeat might be best all round.

Hopefully Labour will bring in PR to head off losing SNP to the EU when the jocks go indy.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12404 on: Friday, September 30, 2022, 08:05:31 »

Angela Rayner gave a resounding speech at the Labour conference earlier this week😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 824 825 826 [827] 828 829 830 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: