Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 42841 times)
woolster

« Reply #180 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 18:01:40 »

a quick centre-back, why would we need one of those
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:35:05 »

I have lots of questions I'd like to ask Cooper. Firstly, why is Miles Storey out on loan ? We are toothless up front and miss Ranger massively. I don't think I'll ever be a fan of 1 up front either.

Because he isn't very good.

So what you saying now ?  Bye
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11:45:07 »

I'd be saying that sending him out on loan was a good idea which we're now benefitting from.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:14:02 »

The only reason Storey is good is because he's had a fucking chance.

Bullshit to say that the loan move improved him....I don't buy that....sorry...I doesnt wash with me.

We loaned the fucker out and Ranger gets injured.......fucked our chance against a Boro side there for the taking on the night...and a Wembley final....big and costly mistake.

A season if ifs, buts and maybes....

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:16:46 »

One goal doesn't make storey good or bad. But he's certainly giving us more options up front rather than giving it to smith and watching him crowded out.

We'll see with miles, but at least he's getting a chance.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:17:47 »

Yeah, we loaned him out and Ranger got injured. Not something we could have foreseen and then due to the rules couldn't recall him. Rotten luck.
Until the last few games we were persevering with one up front. A role that Storey would be utterly shit at. He's gone out, blown the cobwebs out and is benefitting from playing off of a big man.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:44:14 »

One goal doesn't make storey good or bad. But he's certainly giving us more options up front rather than giving it to smith and watching him crowded out.

We'll see with miles, but at least he's getting a chance.

He has fantastic pace and knows where the goal is. An extended run is the only way we will ever find out.

Whatever happened to Andy Caton?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:46:18 »

He has fantastic pace and knows where the goal is. An extended run is the only way we will ever find out.

I agree. FWIW I quite like Storey.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 12:52:59 »

I missed this thread originally, great reading.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 14:56:26 »

A season if ifs, buts and maybes....
the same as pretty much every other season for every team.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 15:17:11 »

the same as pretty much every other season for every team.

No...not at all....

The season we went down with Prutton and co...there was none.

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 15:45:33 »

No...not at all....

The season we went down with Prutton and co...there was none.
I didn't say every season but football is mostly comprised of ifs, buts and maybes unless you are incredibly awful (Wilson/Hart relegation) or far better than the rest (Di Canio champions).

Last season - if Di Canio hadn't left we could be playing Championship football this season. Maybe if the FL hadn't hit us with an embargo we might have strengthened and not faded away so poorly.

If there hadn't been a bobble at Wembley then Charlie would have scored and we'd still be enjoying the benefits of Black's cash. But if we hadn't suffered a poor run towards the end of the season we would have avoided the lottery of the playoffs.

Even that awful relegation was solely due to the loss of Greer according to some.

The point is that football is usually lost and won by fine margins and more often than not they can be summed up with lots of ifs, buts and maybes. In that regard this season isn't that different.

There are plenty of reasons this season has been unique mind...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:28:21 »

I didn't say every season but football is mostly comprised of ifs, buts and maybes unless you are incredibly awful (Wilson/Hart relegation) or far better than the rest (Di Canio champions).

Last season - if Di Canio hadn't left we could be playing Championship football this season. Maybe if the FL hadn't hit us with an embargo we might have strengthened and not faded away so poorly.

If there hadn't been a bobble at Wembley then Charlie would have scored and we'd still be enjoying the benefits of Black's cash. But if we hadn't suffered a poor run towards the end of the season we would have avoided the lottery of the playoffs.

Even that awful relegation was solely due to the loss of Greer according to some.

The point is that football is usually lost and won by fine margins and more often than not they can be summed up with lots of ifs, buts and maybes. In that regard this season isn't that different.

There are plenty of reasons this season has been unique mind...

Agreed.

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:38:34 »

So what you saying now ?  Bye

Storey looks a different player and I will be eating my words if he continues like that.

The key word being if of course...but he has done himself no harm and will get a run for the last six matches to stake a claim for next season.

No doubt about it, the loan spell at Shrewsbury has been a big help and was a decent move. Looks a much improved player now.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 18:36:16 »

Our very own Glen Hoddle used to love a long pass, and I don't think you can accuse him of hoof ball

"It's not about the long ball or the short ball, it's about the right ball" - Bill Shankly
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: