Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43371 times)
kerry red

« Reply #165 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 11:46:59 »

Makes it more attractive, though, if you sell Wes knowing you don't need to find a replacement.

I'll be surprised if he's here next season and good luck to him wherever he may end up
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 11:58:03 »

Yeah pretty much resigned to losing wes, just like I was last year!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 12:01:41 »

And we were all resigned to losing Luongo, Wes, amongst others in jan.

Although I do think it's likely some players will be sold in the summer.... But I suppose seeing as so many fans are so keen to starve the club of income, that's gonna be even more inevitable than it was anyway.

I'm glad Belford has done well. Swindon fans have a tendancy to slam a player if they cant produce the form of the person they've replaced, especially if it's a fans favourite.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 12:04:09 »

The point Power made with Wes and Mass is that both have big sell on clauses, he said 30 to 40%, so they will need be good offers to be worth it, while both are under contract.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:00:38 »

Have to consider the players wishes as well, neither are at the stage of their career where they need to be thinking about one last big signing on fee and have the luxury of considering the long term. Mass has had less than a year of actual first team football and may conclude he could do with another season at this level before making the step up, and may have more attractive offers in twelve months time. Wes, on the other hand has now played over a 100 games for us and has a decent reputation, this summer may be the right time for him to move on .
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #170 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:19:50 »

We should have sold him in the summer, doubt we'll get as much now.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:27:36 »

Are you sure?  You may not have noticed Pritchard up for 2 young player of then year awards and Luongo and Kasim getting capped last week...the progress being made by Louis Thompson, Nathan Byrne ands lads like Tyrell Belford coming in and showing ability. These are just the sort of things which will attract the attention of players, D o F's, etc.

How players react to losing games is also crucial in their development....we now have a chance to see.

Are those players being recognised because of the style of football we play, or just extended periods of 1st team football, mostly for the 1st time in their careers? I say the latter
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 13:38:02 »

That's a ridiculous level of cynicism, even for a Town fan.
kerry red

« Reply #173 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 14:13:08 »

I thought these awards were given to those who play well - or is that too simple
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 15:25:44 »

That's a ridiculous level of cynicism, even for a Town fan.

Actually he's got a point, particularly re Luongo and Kasim. Both of these players, in my view, have got visibily worse under Cooper's tenure.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 15:33:43 »

Actually he's got a point, particularly re Luongo and Kasim. Both of these players, in my view, have got visibily worse under Cooper's tenure.

Kasim hasn't played for any other manager at Swindon and looking at his career to date it can be argued that Cooper has got the best out of Yaser thus far.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 16:48:52 »

Kasim hasn't played for any other manager at Swindon and looking at his career to date it can be argued that Cooper has got the best out of Yaser thus far.

I don't know whether you're A) Joking B) Deliberately trying to wind me up or C) coming out with some bland half thought out nonsense in a miserable attempt to somehow try and defend Cooper.

Kasim is visibly worse now than he was 6 months ago.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 16:53:57 »

I don't know whether you're A) Joking B) Deliberately trying to wind me up or C) coming out with some bland half thought out nonsense in a miserable attempt to somehow try and defend Cooper.

Kasim is visibly worse now than he was 6 months ago.

Who was he playing under during pre-season and when he was on top form?

Can Cooper take no credit for that? Was Kasim simply this criminally overlooked player who was playing poorly in the Conference? Was that Cooper's fault too?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 16:58:03 »

But what about when they were good? Was that someone elses fault? I could understand your point with Luongo, who IMO is not really any better or worse than he was last season, in fact his best spell came under Cooper... But Kasim has only ever played under Cooper, and considering he wasn't good enough to play for Macclesfield I'd suggest Cooper did pretty well to get him playing in the first place. And even at his poorest he's still pretty decent.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 17:58:21 »

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/STFC/Town-set-to-snap-up-Southampton-youngster.aspx#.UyHrTJFSEfE
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: