Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43081 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 19:19:00 »

To go down we will have to be overtaken by Port Vale, Bradford , Sheffield United, Gillingham, Coventry , Bristol City, Crawley, Colchester, Oldham, Carlisle, Stevenage AND Tranmere.

Behave.

Whilst I agree it is highly unlikely, every time I look at our remaining fixtures I struggle to see where another win is coming from.

We play a number of in form teams at home, and our away form is wank.

It may be that we don't need another five points, which I think maybe just as well.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 20:23:02 »

I dread the thought of relegation. Reg will be unbearable.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 21:12:27 »

We still have to go to Tranmere and Notts County. Beat both and we will stay up with ease. We only need 4 or 5 more wins for a comfortable mid table finish. Ill take that now.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 22:25:19 »

Apparently people were leaving the DRS at half time? If so that's bizarre

I came past the CG at half time on my way home from college.  There were a number of people walking away from the ground and down County Road.  A few people I know posted on fb that they'd left at half time as well.  I assume at that point it looked like we might lose 6-0 or something and some people couldn't bear it?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 23:40:36 »

Disagree with some of that reg. There is an intermediate between total football passing and hoofball. Why can't we try it sometimes when plan a is failing..

Exactly. It is more than possible to up the tempo a little and get the ball forward a bit earlier at times without playing like pulis's stoke.

The insistance that continuing with slow ponderous passing in the midfield that allows the opposition time to get set in their shape even in games when its blatantly not working is possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever seen at STFC.

I'm no footballing neanderthal who wants balls hacked forward constantly, but evolving tactics to win games is part of football. We can stick to "the philosophy" as much as we like but losing games (23rd in the form table now) isnt going to help develop young players, make them sellable assets or convince premier league clubs to lend us the cream of their youth systems like Pritchard - all of which are the reasons for the existence of the philosophy
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 00:04:51 »

The thing that gets me is our style of play is supposed to be the same throughout the season yet to watch it is completely different. At the start we used to keep ball and play intricate passes through the opposition and create through fantastic movement. None of this is showing any more. I much prefer to watch wing play and I'm sure smith does too! Unfortunately we haven't created a squad/mindset for this to work. When we work it down the wings it comes straight back to the defence and they try again. I miss Sammy igoe
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 07:11:56 »

The ability to use a longer pass has long part of the Dutch way of playing from Krol to Koeman to this

There is a more serious point which others are making, but I just love this goal. Although watching it again now shows how much the Argentine front line dropped off. Don't see that much any more.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 07:35:44 by A Gent Orange » Logged
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 07:26:58 »

Our very own Glen Hoddle used to love a long pass, and I don't think you can accuse him of hoof ball
REDBUCK

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 08:34:46 »

I dread the thought of relegation. Reg will be unbearable.

The danger will be when heavy defeats start coming together which is a possibility this week
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 09:46:58 »

Exactly. It is more than possible to up the tempo a little and get the ball forward a bit earlier at times without playing like pulis's stoke.

The insistance that continuing with slow ponderous passing in the midfield that allows the opposition time to get set in their shape even in games when its blatantly not working is possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever seen at STFC.

I'm no footballing neanderthal who wants balls hacked forward constantly, but evolving tactics to win games is part of football. We can stick to "the philosophy" as much as we like but losing games (23rd in the form table now) isnt going to help develop young players, make them sellable assets or convince premier league clubs to lend us the cream of their youth systems like Pritchard - all of which are the reasons for the existence of the philosophy

Are you sure?  You may not have noticed Pritchard up for 2 young player of then year awards and Luongo and Kasim getting capped last week...the progress being made by Louis Thompson, Nathan Byrne ands lads like Tyrell Belford coming in and showing ability. These are just the sort of things which will attract the attention of players, D o F's, etc.

How players react to losing games is also crucial in their development....we now have a chance to see.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 10:19:18 »

Lets not forget that this season has had some off the field items that Cooper has had to deal with.

The Jed/Power 'struggle' can't have helped, and the various Nile Ranger situations required managing also.

Hopefully next season we'll see the end of the Di Canio high end players leaving (Navarro, Benson, Williams and others) and we'll be able to start the season with Lee Power's principles and new sustainable budget with (hopefully) players like Pritchard on loan from the start of the season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 10:34:37 »

Lets not forget that this season has had some off the field items that Cooper has had to deal with.

The Jed/Power 'struggle' can't have helped, and the various Nile Ranger situations required managing also.

Hopefully next season we'll see the end of the Di Canio high end players leaving (Navarro, Benson, Williams and others) and we'll be able to start the season with Lee Power's principles and new sustainable budget with (hopefully) players like Pritchard on loan from the start of the season.

Exactly, considering the instability we've had in the last 14/15 months, staying up, and I think we will, is a decent achievement. Although tempting to speculate on what next season may bring, it is difficult, just because football is so short term now....all that can really be said is that the core of the young players kept from this season, should be better for the experience of this.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 10:59:41 »

As I've said before, next season is the real test. That we've done well enough for people to be considering play-offs this season, as well as a half-decent cup run, is a (welcome) surprise.

I can see Pritch going up a league on loan next year, but if Sherwood comes here as the rumour mongers are so keen to state, we will have someone with great knowledge of PL youth systems coming in.

With the core of the squad as it is (all the Belford haters seem to have been a little more subdued recently, which is good to hear), with a few choice additions (namely in central defence) we'll be in very good shape for next year.

Far from Cooper out, I think he's done a good job with some iffy resources. (Not the Onura kind)
kerry red

« Reply #163 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 11:25:16 »

The 'problem' with Belford is that he has performed well enough that the club may sanction a move for Wes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 11:40:32 »

The 'problem' with Belford is that he has performed well enough that the club may sanction a move for Wes
I don't think Belfords form has anything to do with Wes being sold. Power has always said that Wes has his price and if a club matches his price then they will accept a bid for him, Belford playing well is irrelevant to that.

Every player has his price and Power will not take the first offer that come sin for him, as he proved with the Bournemouth bid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: