Pages: 1 ... 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 ... 474   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1650254 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5310 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:30:10 »

Though I agree that these clubs should be punished, a points deduction just punishes the fans - it's exactly the same arguement as we are having about Swindon and Power.  They need to start punishing the owners, not the fans. 

Most of the people that support those clubs have never been to a game anyway. And fuck em. Except Tottenham they've all enjoyed ridiculous levels of success and glory that most clubs can only dream of, make an example of them and let their true fans suffer like we have.

We'll probably get a harsher punishment for the agent breach then they will anyway.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5311 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:31:40 »

Not altogether sure how they can punish the owners, fine would have to be truly colossal to be any more than petty cash to the big clubs.

Find them not fit to own a club - ban them from being actively involved.  It won't stop them but will be a major pain in their arses - might even convince some of them to sell up and ship out..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #5312 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:35:29 »

Most of the people that support those clubs have never been to a game anyway. And fuck em. Except Tottenham they've all enjoyed ridiculous levels of success and glory that most clubs can only dream of, make an example of them and let their true fans suffer like we have.

We'll probably get a harsher punishment for the agent breach then they will anyway.

Fair enough, let's do that then..  at least it would put an end to Swindon fans being able to say we were victims and unfairly punished with our punishment

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5313 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 08:51:03 »

the fan bases are insane but the matchday people as a majority are still the locals. I go to OT sometimes 10 times a season (I can see the irony), couple of contacts with season tickets who can't always make midweeks etc. Standing on the stretford end with season ticket holders and they are all full on passionate mancs and in the pubs and bars before hand you chat to people. they are regular fans who care about the club

to say things like make their true fans suffer like we have is just spiteful. fans at every level very rarely deserve the shit they face. i wouldn't even want oxford to go into administration
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5314 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:08:57 »

Really couldn't give a fuck to be honest. Portsmouth, Luton, Rotherham, etc etc etc etc all had fans punished that didn't deserve it but it happened. The clubs deserve to be punished, the only difference with these fans is that they've only really known success and trophies. It won't hurt them as much as it would us & other lower league clubs anyway, they're still mega rich and will recover quickly.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5315 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:19:54 »

I wouldn't even want oxford to go into administration
Splurted my coffee all over the place. Are you crazy? Fuck ‘em. Fuck ‘em in the ear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5316 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:25:29 »

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1384763846557147142?s=20

Good on him for fronting up, he could teach our politicians a thing or two.....
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5317 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:38:23 »

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1384763846557147142?s=20

Good on him for fronting up, he could teach our politicians a thing or two.....
But who's going to save football now if this doesn't go ahead!!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5318 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:40:44 »

Really couldn't give a fuck to be honest. Portsmouth, Luton, Rotherham, etc etc etc etc all had fans punished that didn't deserve it but it happened. The clubs deserve to be punished, the only difference with these fans is that they've only really known success and trophies. It won't hurt them as much as it would us & other lower league clubs anyway, they're still mega rich and will recover quickly.

because fans have been punished before it doesn't make it right and that it should keep happening. Regulations need to be in place to prevent this shit from happening all of the time.

im sick to death of these owners to be honest. the difference between the top 6 and us is obviously huge and yes they could afford financial punishments that we can't.

we get shafted all of the time, even when we find an owner willing to back us and take us higher it ends up shit. we attract the same personnel every time a takeover happens and can you ever see it ending? a german 51% or a financial bond guarantee is the only way the fans can get protected.

why always us!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5319 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:48:33 »

But who's going to save football now if this doesn't go ahead!!

Nobody, looks like the whole thing has now collapsed. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56830308
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #5320 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:49:13 »

I was curious to see what the the pyramid would look like without the 6 greedy bastards but it would've been a bumpy ride. I still struggled with much in the way of outrage though, that world is so far removed from STFC it may as well be fictional.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #5321 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 09:56:19 »

Well at least one of our fans will be happy with the 15 point deduction next season.

Based on the amount of unsavoury actions coming out about our owner now, they should just bin us off to the Southern Prem and be done with it..

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5322 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 10:08:13 »

I wouldn't even want oxford to go into administration

I agree with him

eternal misery and suffering is what I want for them

karma looks to be mocking me though
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 10:38:21 by Batch » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5323 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 10:21:21 »

im sure the same swindon fans are telling the fa not to deduct the club points but to charge the people involved within our current case...

the fans didn't sign up for the ESL. that much is evident.

EDIT (must read above post before posting)
Yep, that's a fair point, as is Berniman's. I may have posted in anger before properly thinking things through. Quite out of the step with the usually considered and thoughtful tone of the forum overall Smiley

But it can't be allowed to just pass. This was an attempted coup, it might have been a shit one, but that's what it was, football's answer to Trump's shit coup in January. You can't just let that go, there has to be consequences, if only to deter anyone from trying it again. Banning the owners and executives involved from ever being involved in football again would be a start but there's no way the football authorities will do that, even if they had the power to do so which is doubtful. And it wouldn't really hurt the billionaires anyway.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #5324 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 10:21:41 »

Splurted my coffee all over the place. Are you crazy? Fuck ‘em. Fuck ‘em in the ear.

I agree with him

eternal misery and suffering is what I want for them

karma looks to be mocking me though

to be clear. i want suffering and misery for oxford. but i want that through terrible performances and not a panel because of an owner. as fans you live for the club every week and to have your season decided by events off the pitch is hard
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 ... 474   Go Up
Print
Jump to: