Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 469   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats wrong with football?  (Read 1629789 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5355 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 13:03:18 »

Problem with any of this is capital, even at our shitty level Power values the club at £7.5m so to obtain 51% of that you are talking £3,825,000 where is that going to come from? That's why I linked the bit about Man Utd, its all very well them saying the Glazers should sell up to a degree but who is going to pay the money, in the main people with that sort of cash want something for their investment.

And don't get me started on the laughable suggestion in the Man Utd piece that people who have only invested to make cash are going to sell at below market value, it ain't gonna happen.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5356 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 13:07:38 »

For those who are interested the terms of reference of the "fan-led" review of football have been published, and it looks like a sensible starting point. It's also being led by Tracey Crouch who was actually not a bad Sports Minister (and does at least like football) so that is also encouraging

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fan-led-review-of-football-governance/terms-of-reference-for-the-fan-led-review-of-football-governance

As long as it's not just another "Let's have a review instead of doing something"
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5357 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 13:44:04 »

For those who are interested the terms of reference of the "fan-led" review of football have been published, and it looks like a sensible starting point. It's also being led by Tracey Crouch who was actually not a bad Sports Minister (and does at least like football) so that is also encouraging

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fan-led-review-of-football-governance/terms-of-reference-for-the-fan-led-review-of-football-governance

As long as it's not just another "Let's have a review instead of doing something"
I quite like her. Resigned her minister for sport gig over the betting terminals mallarky. Football could have done a lot worse than get her to head up the review..
Let's see what she comes up with.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5358 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 13:49:57 »

I quite like her. Resigned her minister for sport gig over the betting terminals mallarky. Football could have done a lot worse than get her to head up the review..
Yes she's pretty good, one of the more genuine MPs from either side and does actually like football, IIRC she used to (and may still) coach a grassroots girls' team in her constituency and used to have to get pairs with opposition MPs on votes so she could get back to take U14s training Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5359 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 14:58:03 »

If its like most of the recent 'reviews' I imagine the conclusions are already written and will be leaked in the next few days.  Wink

Seriously though she is probably the best choice in the commons.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5360 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:22:18 »

It looks like rumours resurfacing about Celtic and rangers joining the premiership.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5361 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:28:09 »

It looks like rumours resurfacing about Celtic and rangers joining the premiership.
Yeah I read that, as long as they start in the bottom tier of English football then I have no objection, but no way should they be allowed into the top 4 divisions straight off.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #5362 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:51:00 »

2 teams in every league would have to be displaced to make room for them. That would be wrong.

Start them in non-league first. Make them earn their place.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5363 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:54:39 »

Quote from: chalkies shorts

hopefully UEFA will object as strongly as they did with the euro League
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #5364 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:54:46 »

I quite like the idea of an all-UK Cup competition to replace the League cup. Got no real issue with integration between the Scottish and English leagues, but if it was to happen I'd like to go beyond just Celtic and Rangers. A cup competition seems like a way of trying it out without ruining the financial viability of the Scottish leagues.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5365 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:58:56 »

I quite like the idea of an all-UK Cup competition to replace the League cup. Got no real issue with integration between the Scottish and English leagues, but if it was to happen I'd like to go beyond just Celtic and Rangers. A cup competition seems like a way of trying it out without ruining the financial viability of the Scottish leagues.
Been done before.

https://www.stevesfootballstats.uk/anglo_scottish_cup.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #5366 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:59:31 »

The plan is for them to start at the top. Money grabbing again. Fuck the sheff utds, Brighton,s, Burnley's of this world.
The ESL will happen and eventually morph into a world league 1 and 2 with South American teams, a USA franchise or two, a Chinese one, a south African one etc. This will add the competitive edge but keeping the riff raff out.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #5367 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 11:09:49 »

The plan is for them to start at the top. Money grabbing again. Fuck the sheff utds, Brighton,s, Burnley's of this world.
The ESL will happen and eventually morph into a world league 1 and 2 with South American teams, a USA franchise or two, a Chinese one, a south African one etc. This will add the competitive edge but keeping the riff raff out.
Some good away days to come then ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5368 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 15:00:15 »

Looks like Perez is keen to keep this fun still

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56873448
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5369 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 18:15:08 »

No eventually about it. That's why they called it the Super League, not the European Super League, the European bit was added by the press and pundits. The plan has always been for those 5 invited teams to be the likes of LA Galaxy, Ghangzhou etc
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 ... 469   Go Up
Print
Jump to: