Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1626028 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6165 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:22:24 »

Pericardinho -  tis the (silly) season, its what fans do,  speculate! You know this.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #6166 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:34:25 »

My guess is Wollacott, AK, Conroy, Baudry, Hunt, East, Reed, JML and Payne all leave

Williams to stay for another year with the 5 other contracted players
I believe Reed is staying and has or will sign. Paynes wages are the issue with us being in lg2 as are Conroy's, Baundry may decide not to retire as he has said that he has fallen back in love with football being in our 1st team in the last few months. Hunt i think will be a high earner so probably join wellens at Orient. AK i cant see going, hasn't done enough to be wanted outside of STFC and on lower wage. Woolacott likely to go i think.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6167 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:42:04 »

It was said awhile ago that Reed/Williams had signed and were staying. I assume some complications with embargo etc prevented them confirming and officially doing it.

No way Payne stays with his wage.

The important thing is we get better squad options than East/JML. JML particualrly was poor and meant we had no attacking back up.

I'll be sad to see Hunt go. You don't get a better RB in this league. It will also be a sign of worry if we cant afford his wages. Not quite the same as Payne as Payne is on a fortune.

AK - you have to ask can we get better? His ball playing has been bad this season, which is important to Garner. But his flexibility gives him a lot of value.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6168 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 14:54:21 »

Paynes wages are the issue with us being in lg2 as are Conroy's.
How can Conroy’s wages be an issue? With his injury history he should be in no position to demand big money. If he’s a high earner or demand high wages then he’s certainly not worth the money.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6169 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:00:16 »

How can Conroy’s wages be an issue? With his injury history he should be in no position to demand big money. If he’s a high earner or demand high wages then he’s certainly not worth the money.

Everyone has bills to service. If he can get more elsewhere then fair enough.

Have we even offered him a reduced contract?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6170 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:01:26 »

He's on league 1 money apparently.

Heard a few rumours earlier, Wollacott is off to Pompey. Conroy and Hunt off to join Wellens at Orient.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6171 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:03:29 »

All this talk of reduced budget worries me. Its been dismissed before but people keep saying it. I cannot possibly see the justification coming out of a transfer embargo with the season we've had and the support we've got.

That being said, even with a bit if of a bigger budget I'd expect, we'll still lose some because clubs in higher divisions will come in for them.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6172 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:03:32 »

I’m not Conroys biggest fan in the slightest but I wouldn’t expect him to take a pay cut to stay.
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #6173 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:04:38 »

Did anyone here Zavier Austin on the prematch BBC Wiltshire sound yesterday?

The way he was talking it sounded like our budget should be good next season but whether that was dependant on L1 or not i'm not sure.

Have a listen around 44 minutes in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0c5lnfc
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6174 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:04:44 »

He's on league 1 money apparently.

Heard a few rumours earlier, Wollacott is off to Pompey. Conroy and Hunt off to join Wellens at Orient.

Not overly bothered about any of that to be honest. I rate Ward. I don't rate Conroy. Hunt is decent but doesn't really work in out system as a right wing back.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6175 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:04:55 »

When he re-signed him in 2019, we had to fend off League One interest off the back of his impressive end to the 18/19 campaign. After his injury he stated he chucked on an extra year. There must have been an option, potentially appearance based he must have triggered to have extended after 20/21. So is most likely on the same wages we offered in 2019
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6176 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:05:56 »

All this talk of reduced budget worries me. Its been dismissed before but people keep saying it. I cannot possibly see the justification coming out of a transfer embargo with the season we've had and the support we've got.

That being said, even with a bit if of a bigger budget I'd expect, we'll still lose some because clubs in higher divisions will come in for them.

The budget isn’t being cut - it’s being increased.
However, certain players (Conroy, Payne) are on pretty good money for a league 2 side, which isn’t sustainable. So have/will be offered reduced terms.

That’s all it is.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6177 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:09:13 »

I believe Reed is staying and has or will sign. Paynes wages are the issue with us being in lg2 as are Conroy's, Baundry may decide not to retire as he has said that he has fallen back in love with football being in our 1st team in the last few months. Hunt i think will be a high earner so probably join wellens at Orient. AK i cant see going, hasn't done enough to be wanted outside of STFC and on lower wage. Woolacott likely to go i think.

Nice one. Be class to keep Reed. No shocks about the others. Only thing I disagree with you on is AK- think he’s been class when he’s had to fill in at left back season. Poor blokes got a left foot about as useful as Oscar Pistorius’s left limb and has still been solid.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6178 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:10:39 »

I’m not Conroys biggest fan in the slightest but I wouldn’t expect him to take a pay cut to stay.
No but I would have also expected his wages to reflect that one of his renewals was a good will gesture to give him security to return from injury. His cost vs games played ratio must be ridiculous if he’s maintained his original wage in all that time.  If Wellens wants to pay him decent money and take a punt on him then he’s welcome to him.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #6179 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 15:11:05 »

Nice one. Be class to keep Reed. No shocks about the others. Only thing I disagree with you on is AK- think he’s been class when he’s had to fill in at left back season. Poor blokes got a left foot about as useful as Oscar Pistorius’s left limb and has still been solid.
Yes that's a very pair point, agreed
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 [412] 413 414 415 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: