Pages: 1 ... 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1612232 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #6135 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:31:29 »

Simpson will want to leave Ipswich won't he, not sure on fee's etc (tribunal) but yeah would love to see him back here.

Can't see us offering Payne the same terms if I'm honest.

Yes McKirdy is contacted to another year, meant it would take a silly offer to tempt us and I'm not sure other managers would be able to manage him like Garner has
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6136 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:32:27 »

I would prefer a squad overhaul myself.

Interesting as that's not what I have heard. (re the squad overhaul, not the overall/overhaul spelling thing).

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6137 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:33:20 »

Go on…

Tell us whose staying and whose going….
I'd tell you but I can't say. But I'll confirm it in 2 or 3 weeks. Wink
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6138 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:34:07 »

I'd tell you but I can't say. But I'll confirm it in 2 or 3 weeks. Wink

Yeah, I’m in the same boat here…honest…
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6139 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:34:34 »

Simpson will want to leave Ipswich won't he, not sure on fee's etc (tribunal) but yeah would love to see him back here.

Can't see us offering Payne the same terms if I'm honest.

Yes McKirdy is contacted to another year, meant it would take a silly offer to tempt us and I'm not sure other managers would be able to manage him like Garner has

Ipswich want 300k for Simpson. Not sure we'll be pushing the boat that far out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6140 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:35:14 »

no chance

we have debts to service and a ground to purchase.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #6141 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:35:58 »

short memories. hunt has had a very good season imo- completely different to last season. im not going to look but i bet he had loads of mom votes and comments in those threads. filled in all over the back line.
Definitely. He was playing great until he got injured. People forget also that he plays left back a lot of the time and that's not his natural position. Versatile player and dependable.

I'd be willing to bet that if he is released he'll sign for Orient.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6142 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:36:26 »

Ipswich want 300k for Simpson. Not sure we'll be pushing the boat that far out.

Don’t think Ipswich get a say on the matter. I thought it went to tribunal to decide
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6143 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:36:57 »

Interesting as that's not what I have heard. (re the squad overhaul, not the overall/overhaul spelling thing).
Depends on the definition of overhaul though doesn’t it. Surely we won’t bother to waste any more time on Davison, Barry is gone and neither centre backs should be starters next season so that’s at least 4 new starters even if others stay. Then there are the fringe players where we need a real overhaul as JML, Parsons, East etc have just been filling seats on the bench not offering actual game changing options. So you’re probably looking at 8 or 9 signings at least so quite an overhaul.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6144 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:37:07 »

No way are we gonna turn into a club spending big fees on players etc. expect much of the same recruitment.. 5 loans, freebies and 2 or 3 in the Dabre/Aguiar mould.

Hopefully we can offer better wages and get them signed quicker so who cares if it’s freebies, not impossible to do well on frees and loans, we was a game off Wembley this season!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6145 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:39:47 »

Don’t think Ipswich get a say on the matter. I thought it went to tribunal to decide

He’s got a year left on his contract now right?
So we’d have to agree a fee
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #6146 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:40:17 »

They've been decent recently (Frenchie very good actually) but Baudry and Conroy have done their time here and think we should part ways and look for two centre halves who haven't had a career compromised by injury. Thank them and move on.

Reed and Payne i'd certainly like to tie down to a deal. But we need a more robust midfielder in there to help out in the midfield with them. Williams definitely worth a year also. Egbo certainly.  

Lyden unfortunately i'd let go.

Make Tyreece Simpson number one target for a striker role alongside another striker with more experience.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #6147 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:41:22 »

Expecting to leave - Jojo Wollacott, Dion Conroy, Jordan Lyden, Ryan East.

Not sure about Odimayo. Expect Dabre and Aguiar to play more of a part next season. If we can re-sign Baudry, Egbo, Reed, Williams and Payne... That's a solid foundation to build around with Ward, Iandolo and McKirdy also on the books.
Lydon has been told he will get a chance next season so expect a short term contract or trail period when he is fit
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6148 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:47:04 »

They triggered an extra year on his contract so we can either buy him or wait for him to be out of contract next season. I can see a league 1 club taking a punt on him for around that price unfortunately.

MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #6149 on: Friday, May 20, 2022, 11:48:23 »

My guess is Wollacott, AK, Conroy, Baudry, Hunt, East, Reed, JML and Payne all leave

Williams to stay for another year with the 5 other contracted players
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: