Pages: 1 ... 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1611694 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5805 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:11:03 »

So much for Garner saying he wasn’t expecting any of the loan players to leave - that’s 3 gone now. Hope they had a contingency for that.

Think I’m going to write this season off as far as the POs are concerned. Get rid of the umbongo in the summer and start over - hoping the usual suspects stay, of course.
Exactly the same for me, the club has told us all season that the priority is getting the stuff off the pitch sorted. We are doing well on the pitch which adds pressure of course but i am happy to just see what this season brings and if it's mid table and stability off the pitch then i will take that. In football terms next summer is our most important
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5806 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:13:57 »

Have to disagree. We’re in with a shout of going up, for the sake of 4, maybe 5 signings. Do that and our chances of retaining our better players increases. We can’t assume we’ll be able to build another strong squad - and we’ve got to take our chance, or at least aim to.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #5807 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:17:38 »

Have to wait and see where we are at the end of Jan i guess.

I had hoped given how the first half of the season was going, the club may have pushed to pay the loan back and sieze the chance to get the better player in and strengthen the squad. I completely understand why they are not, and i have to constantly remind myself of preseaon expectations.

I fear its not so easy, even next season when the embargo is no longer in place, to get yourself in this position again.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #5808 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:22:23 »

So currently based on the last 6 league games we’ve got the worst defence in the league now with absolutely no one challenging them for their places. What could possibly go wrong?!
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5809 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:28:24 »

Have to disagree. We’re in with a shout of going up, for the sake of 4, maybe 5 signings. Do that and our chances of retaining our better players increases. We can’t assume we’ll be able to build another strong squad - and we’ve got to take our chance, or at least aim to.
The problem is with that is that it will be over £1m to repay that loan, it's more than just for the sake of 4/5 players. That's not to say they won't be trying to push still but i do think we need to be realistic a bit here
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5810 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:32:25 »

Personally i think the players we have at the moment such as Reed, Williams wont be here next season. They can talk to other clubs now cant they? They would have the security of being offered longer deals at the present time
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5811 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:35:02 »

Going to a promotion chasing league one club.
Rotherham to replace ex Town defender REG who is wanted by several Championship teams.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5812 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:36:43 »

The loan doesn’t need to be repaid in one go. Structured payments and with the umbongo lifted anyway there should be a fair bit of leeway when it comes to recruitment.

Give some credit to Garner, he has got the best out of McKirdy, Reed and Payne and if they re-sign will be fairly valuable assets. Also great credit must go to the back room medical and rehab staff with getting Conroy fit to play a series of games and, hopefully, Lyden - who looked finished with that last injury but is now looking in the form of his life here.

How many times have we said on here that if we only had a functioning defence. The players are well good enough - the organisation isn’t.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5813 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:36:46 »

So much for Garner saying he wasn’t expecting any of the loan players to leave - that’s 3 gone now. Hope they had a contingency for that.
Makes me think that garner has little say in most of our transfer in and out TBH.

fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #5814 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:41:34 »

I would hope that, with our history of somewhat iffy helmsmen and the shit that has happened to other clubs saying fuck it- all in for the climb up the greasy pole, our current owner and CEO have a bit of sense about them and want to concentrate on making us a long term viable concern.

A season of consolidation and getting back on an even keel may not get the juices flowing but it is what we need. If that consolidation just so happens to coincide with excitement- fine but, no excitement at a risk to our club (yet!) please.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5815 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:41:38 »

Makes me think that garner has little say in most of our transfer in and out TBH.

Surely that's (almost) completely Chorley's remit as DOF isn't it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5816 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:42:05 »

In what way/s?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5817 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:44:26 »

Exactly the same for me, the club has told us all season that the priority is getting the stuff off the pitch sorted. We are doing well on the pitch which adds pressure of course but i am happy to just see what this season brings and if it's mid table and stability off the pitch then i will take that. In football terms next summer is our most important

This, I also have a slightly perverse wish that Garner fucks off in the summer, reading the consent bitching about a manger who has got us into the play off spots with a thrown together squad is getting quite boring now.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5818 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:45:15 »

Isn't it the same as when Wellens was here, for many fans the good signings were Wellens the shite ones Jewell!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #5819 on: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:53:15 »

In what way/s?
As BO says, Chorley is the "signings man".

Isn't it the same as when Wellens was here, for many fans the good signings were Wellens the shite ones Jewell!
Very similar.

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: