Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 444   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (currently serving 2021-22)  (Read 1626117 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #5340 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 11:33:53 »

Suspect that there will be more bargains to be had later in this window than in previous years.
Hopefully the groundwork has been going on in the background as the fans have been chewing their fingernails.

Truth is that Wellens and others will tell you that the very best player doesnt move until very late in the window. They are players on the fringe of teams higher up who are waiting to get their business done, or free agents holding out for the best deal.

There is no reason to believe the best players have already been snapped up. Though for sure we will be behind the curve on identifying, and contacting these players.
Flashheart

« Reply #5341 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 11:35:13 »

Though for sure we will be behind the curve on identifying, and contacting these players.

Clem said weeks ago that he already had scouts scouting.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5342 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 11:44:22 »

It does concern me what players will be left to choose from and I don't think there will be many hanging on for STFC to sign them the way things are at the moment.
I'm not.

Five loan players until January to supplement Wollacott, Hunt, Gounds, Baudry, Conroy, Iandolo and Lyden and Pitman (plus Parsons) would be OK. (I'm assuming Odimayo and Payne will leave). We'd only then need to sign one or two players but be paper thin with youths filling in for injuries.

Its quite interesting to see where our released players end up - So far one in L1 (Twine), two in L2 (Hope & Missilou) and two non-league (Broadbent and Curran).

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #5343 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 12:04:17 »

Wheeling and dealing in the loan market will be key as well.
If we can land 2 or 3 that would have expected to be operating in L1 then we could be in business.
Parent clubs might need to be persuaded that we'll be challenging for the play offs at least.
What's  more important, game time or being part of a squad near the top of the table.

I wonder if Matt Smith might reflect in years to come that he learned much more playing in a struggling side than sitting on the bench for a top 8 or 10 team.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5344 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 12:12:01 »

Loan players for us and every team in L1 and L2 will be vital, its the difference between mid table and a top 3 side.

I just hope whoever comes in has an intimate scouting knowledge of the top teams youth systems and possibly maye have even worked with some of them before.

For me I am less concerned about us not competing as much as I will be truly grateful of having a club not run by a tightwad and the excitement of possibly having a great run of results and proving a lot of people wrong this coming season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #5345 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 12:17:55 »

If they can get the takeover done in the next few days or so, we might have a decent looking squad this time next week.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5346 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 12:27:04 »

If the takeover happens within the next two weeks we have a chance.if not we may end up like Bolton grabbing anything that moves to make the numbers up before transfer deadline day....if allowed!
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 12:29:27 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5347 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:23:38 »

It's not you who I'm disagreeing with. It's DV's comment that we will likely be signing worse players than last season that I'm questioning. I just don't get it and he's not the only one to say something like that.

It’s 10th of July and we don’t have a manager or enough first team players to put out a team.
Nor do we have a pot to piss in and we can’t even pay the few players we have & are we even allowed to sign players currently?

...and despite what people on every want to believe this takeover is still dragging on.

That isn’t all going to suddenly get sorted over night. We are at a massive disadvantage and I imagine the first XI of the season will contain a lot of young players who won’t be up to the standard.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5348 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:25:31 »

Good summary and spot on

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5349 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:30:25 »

But the club will still be alive and more able to grow and flourish than it has been of late with this long black veil shrouding it!

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5350 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:32:27 »

That's also very true but all that will take time and who knows what next season will bring

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5351 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:35:15 »

That's also very true but all that will take time and who knows what next season will bring
I'm intending on being a fan for a few more years yet!  Cheesy

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5352 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:41:49 »

Only a few more days until players can walk citing breach of contract
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #5353 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 14:45:03 »

I'm intending on being a fan for a few more years yet!  Cheesy

I think we all are but would prefer to support them in the football league😀

So, give no fucks
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5354 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 15:51:20 »

Only a few more days until players can walk citing breach of contract

This is my worry, I can see it getting there too.
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 ... 444   Go Up
Print
Jump to: