Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1192125 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4815 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 08:59:56 »

Its pretty good 'innit lad and just reinforces what a fucking good actor Martin Freeman is as he is barely recognisable in it!

Its actually pretty good in places, Town Centre Casey is the queen of the pithy one liner
I also hardly recognised the fellas who played Jack Boswell in Bread and Sinbad in Brookside!

Pretty well known cast all around.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4816 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:07:15 »

dark yet realistic portrayal of the underside of Liverpool
You say that like Liverpool has an up/good side.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4817 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:15:50 »

I also hardly recognised the fellas who played Jack Boswell in Bread and Sinbad in Brookside!

Pretty well known cast all around.

That second bit in my post should have read funny in places, it has some genuinely soapy tit wank moments at the most inappropriate times.

Yeah I didn't recognise Jack Boswell (or to my missus who is a bit younger - that's Gary's mate from Goodnight Sweetheart!), he seems to have put on a hell of a lot of lumber, likewise the guy channelling his inner Harry Enfield scouser is in everything!

Edit - should have ended the post with 'lad' as everything, even text messages, are ended thus in the programme. 
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4818 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:43:12 »

We're really loving "The Responder", 10/10. Superb acting, dark yet realistic portrayal of the underside of Liverpool; with sympathy but not patronising, if you get what I mean. Brutally honest look at what (could) happen to anyone having to do a job like that night after night. Ambiguous as to who are 'goodies' and 'baddies'. Dont think it ever crosses the line into taking the piss out of scousers, although the curly black wig on the main drug dealer comes close soapy tit wank
Best line so far:
Junkie to cop(MF), caught stealing a load of heroin from a dealer: "Don't blame me, it weren't my fault"
Cop(MF); "Whose fault was it then? Fucking Thatcher's?"

It's written by a former copper so sadly is probably close to being realistic. I was a bit dubious that Carl goes on his shift on his own, but apparently that (has) does happen(ed). Thankfully Freeman has nailed the scouse accent as well. It's a pretty good performance all being told.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4819 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:46:24 »

It's written by a former copper so sadly is probably close to being realistic. I was a bit dubious that Carl goes on his shift on his own, but apparently that (has) does happen(ed). Thankfully Freeman has nailed the scouse accent as well. It's a pretty good performance all being told.

Do drug dealers have shifts?  Wink
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4820 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:47:29 »

Do drug dealers have shifts?  Wink

Bollocks, Carl is the dealer isn't he. I meant Chris!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #4821 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:53:23 »

4/7 into Ozark season 4.1.

still great, but also it's about the right time to end it

I think it’s still going strong so wouldn’t mind another season, admitally I’m only 2 episodes into this season so my opinion may change
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4822 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 16:20:35 »

Not all agree https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/best-burns-as-lord-sugar-claims-he-couldnt-understand-martin-freemans-scouse-accent-309699/
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4823 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 16:25:14 »

I really don't think words can quantify a response. Is he just deliberately being an unlikeable ass crack?

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4824 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 16:43:21 »

You're fired.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4825 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 17:42:11 »

Got 1 more of this to go. Really good so far.

The Tourist ended really well. Great little series on the iPlayer if anyone hasn't seen it yet. Man on the run but he doesn't know why.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4826 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 17:51:01 »

er, ending of this season.

I think there is another to come

Oh  Girl Giggle
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4827 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 18:25:46 »

Anyone watch American Rust.

Was on sky at the end of last year, I recorded it but haven’t got around to watching it yet, so just wondering if it’s worth starting
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4828 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 18:29:29 »

Anyone watch American Rust.

Was on sky at the end of last year, I recorded it but haven’t got around to watching it yet, so just wondering if it’s worth starting

Yep, definitely worth giving it a go.
Jeff Daniels is excellent in it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4829 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 19:29:09 »

The Tourist ended really well. Great little series on the iPlayer if anyone hasn't seen it yet. Man on the run but he doesn't know why.

Episode 5 was a bit weird but otherwise superb.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: