Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 343   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1198054 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4800 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 10:27:37 »

Been watching Rules of the Game on iPlayer, pretty good so far albeit has raised the question has Maxine Peake played a likeable character in anything ever!

Silk

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4801 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:04:39 »

We enjoyed this. Isn't Maxine Peake also in an ITV drama about a parent of a kid killed in Hillsborough? I suspect she might be likeable in that! Smiley

Haven't seen that.

Silk

Bloody hell that's a blast from the past, I don't remember!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4802 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 11:41:19 »

Haven't seen that.

It's called 'Anne' I think. I haven't personally seen it but it got good reviews.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4803 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 12:25:46 »

Tis very good

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #4804 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 17:58:32 »

finished You, which was indeed brilliant and had a good ending.

This is such a relief - I didn't know it had a definite end. Thought it could be one of those shows that would run and run. I'm especially looking forward to the next and last few episodes now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4805 on: Tuesday, January 25, 2022, 18:07:19 »

er, ending of this season.

I think there is another to come
Crackity Jones

« Reply #4806 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 21:40:06 »

I have started watching Archive 81 on Netflix, well worth a watch

Just finished this. I thought it was excellent. Highly recommended if you like supernatural thrillers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4807 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 21:44:36 »

4/7 into Ozark season 4.1.

still great, but also it's about the right time to end it
Crackity Jones

« Reply #4808 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 22:00:27 »

4/7 into Ozark season 4.1.

still great, but also it's about the right time to end it

Season 4 of Ozark is next on the list. I think they said this would be the last?
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #4809 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 22:05:51 »

Couple of new cop dramas started this week. Jed Mercurio's "Trigger Point" on ITV and "The Responder" on the Beeb. Based on the first episodes I'm thinking The Responder is going to be epic. Also Martin Freeman's scouse accent appears to be completely on point (Stephen Graham must have been busy)

We're really loving "The Responder", 10/10. Superb acting, dark yet realistic portrayal of the underside of Liverpool; with sympathy but not patronising, if you get what I mean. Brutally honest look at what (could) happen to anyone having to do a job like that night after night. Ambiguous as to who are 'goodies' and 'baddies'. Dont think it ever crosses the line into taking the piss out of scousers, although the curly black wig on the main drug dealer comes close soapy tit wank
Best line so far:
Junkie to cop(MF), caught stealing a load of heroin from a dealer: "Don't blame me, it weren't my fault"
Cop(MF); "Whose fault was it then? Fucking Thatcher's?"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4810 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 22:08:33 »

We're really loving "The Responder", 10/10. Superb acting, dark yet realistic portrayal of the underside of Liverpool; with sympathy but not patronising, if you get what I mean. Brutally honest look at what (could) happen to anyone having to do a job like that night after night. Ambiguous as to who are 'goodies' and 'baddies'. Dont think it ever crosses the line into taking the piss out of scousers, although the curly black wig on the main drug dealer comes close soapy tit wank
Best line so far:
Junkie to cop(MF), caught stealing a load of heroin from a dealer: "Don't blame me, it weren't my fault"
Missed tonight's episode. Will catch up tomorrow. Sort of enjoying.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #4811 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 22:45:18 »

Every episode is on iplayer so no need to wait
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4812 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 22:52:18 »

Quote from: Crackity Jones
Season 4 of Ozark is next on the list. I think they said this would be the last?
yes but it's 2 parts, first 7 now - final 7 later
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4813 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 23:13:24 »

Every episode is on iplayer so no need to wait
Watching with the wife - she's gone to bed.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4814 on: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 08:53:37 »

Best line so far:

Its pretty good 'innit lad and just reinforces what a fucking good actor Martin Freeman is as he is barely recognisable in it!

Its actually pretty funny in places, Town Centre Casey is the queen of the pithy one liner
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 09:13:09 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 ... 343   Go Up
Print
Jump to: