Pages: 1 ... 877 878 879 [880]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996244 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #13185 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 21:08:54 »

Not looking at Wales it doesn’t and they have more money per head than England
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #13186 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2024, 22:54:29 »

Narn Iron wins that league and they're run by Bejasus!!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #13187 on: Today at 02:19:59 »

What an odious prick this twat is....a nobody trying to be relevant .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/george-galloway-uk-moscow-attack-isis-obama-russia-b2519381.html
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #13188 on: Today at 07:26:42 »

So Wales and Scotland get more per head then England. Sadly, all three are underfunded and have been for years. That is the issue and discussing regional calculations is a great diversion from the fact that our NHS/care system has been neglected, either willfully or by sheer incompetence, for many years. I would say the former.

Blaming all are woes on destitute people in boats coming across the channel is another great distraction. Let's all hate those 'illegals' coming here and making me poorer/stealing my tax/jobs/subverting my culture....endless bollocks. Instead of focusing on the very rich who are laughing their heads off whilst pocketing all the assets and leaving you and your kids poorer.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #13189 on: Today at 07:34:13 »

Correct. They get more per head and deliver worst outcomes that’s what they will do to England as well. Don’t get me wrong I’m hardly a fan of this government but I do know they will be worse as history has always proved.

Yes - and given the fact that Wales is a massively rural community it costs a lot more to deliver health services to 4.5 million people living there than it does to deliver to half of London. But don't let little details get in the way to the endless drivel being fed to you by the Tories and you hanging on every word. The people of this Country are so stupid it would be funny if it wasn't so fucking sad.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13190 on: Today at 08:44:14 »

Yes - and given the fact that Wales is a massively rural community it costs a lot more to deliver health services to 4.5 million people living there than it does to deliver to half of London. But don't let little details get in the way to the endless drivel being fed to you by the Tories and you hanging on every word. The people of this Country are so stupid it would be funny if it wasn't so fucking sad.

No rural areas in England then?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13191 on: Today at 08:45:58 »

And yet in "everyone hates Drakeford" Wales, the most recent polls...

LAB: 49% (+4)
CON: 16% (-6)
REF: 15% (+2)
PLC: 10% (=)
LDM: 5% (=)
GRN: 5% (=)

via RedfieldWilton , 23-24 Mar

In "everything is worse in" Scotland, the most recent polls...

Westminster Voting Intention (Scotland):

LAB: 34% (=)
SNP: 34% (+1)
CON: 16% (-2)
LDM: 6% (-2)
REF: 4% (=)
GRN: 4% (+2)

RedfieldWilton, , 10-11 Mar

Either a large number of people haven't got the memo, or people blame the Tories in Westminster far more than their local assemblies/parliaments.

No rural areas in England then?

Surely you aren't going to argue that the population is more rural on average in Scotland and Wales than in England?

I'll repeat again, I'd just really be interested in hearing an argument for voting Conservative which isn't purely based on Labour being worse. What are they good at? Why should I be excited to vote for Rishi Sunak?

Narn Iron wins that league and they're run by Bejasus!!

Most of the time recently they've been run by nobody at all, Stormont has hardly bothered for the last few years. Maybe we should try having no government for a bit, it seems to work better than you'd think!
« Last Edit: Today at 08:50:18 by Nemo » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13192 on: Today at 08:50:21 »

Quote from: Outletred
Don’t get me wrong I’m hardly a fan of this government but I do know they will be worse as history has always proved.

define worse.

happy to pay more if I can actually get seen by someone
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #13193 on: Today at 09:08:35 »

define worse.

happy to pay more if I can actually get seen by someone

That is the eternal conundrum. Eradicate waste, improve efficiencies then review expenditure. Sounds simple, in the commercial world it generally is. In anything that is tax payer funded or the government has a say, local or national, it isn’t.

Anyway, the noise on this thread has started to wake up like a scene from Independence Day when the alien mothership approaches. The latent hostilities on this thread will reach a crescendo till election day. So I’m not going to drop by on this thread anymore. I’ve made my position on voting clear in that I’m not going to for the first time in my life. So good luck with a Labour administration I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope by the time Labour lose an election in the future things are not to fucked up. Just remember young ones, you’ll be paying for it.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #13194 on: Today at 09:23:09 »

This. We have Welsh family in Wales, as opposed to English family in Wales, dyed in the wool Welsh Labour. Say the same as Outletred. You, Posh Red cannot accept that anything going bad could possibly be the fault of a Labour run organisation or funding by a Labour administration. Drakeford was and will be for a long universally hated by both sides of the voting public. The situation is even worse in Scotland via the SNP. You’ve heard of the Barnett formula I’m sure. All the devolved parliaments receive more funding per head of population than we do in England. So money isn’t the issue.

I'm Welsh in Wales and while nobody likes Drakeford (who just seemed to enjoy getting some attention), the thought of the whole country being governed by the Tories for any longer than we need to be is widely regarded as being a non-starter.

Brexit was (and still is) a disaster, they've shown themselves to be a bunch of liars on many occasions, lined the pockets of their mates (Michelle Mone etc) and allowed the water companies to poison our waterways whilst allowing them to make huge profits. And they keep going on about the bloody boats like immigration is the cause of all our problems (it isn't). They just know its an emotive subject tahat might win them a few racist votes. Sadly for them Reform will likely pick those votes up and the Tories left with nowt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13195 on: Today at 10:08:56 »

I do find the 'stopping of the boats' rhetoric a little bit odd, sometimes/usually followed by 'the country is full etc' yet in reality I think 30,000 people used that crossing last year, which as a % of the population won't touch the surfaces.

That's not to say I want people to attempt to travel across the channel in dangerous rubber boats, risking their lives. Of course not. To me it just seems like a very easy stick to grab onto, when there is probably a hundred other issues that need to be looked at.

As LL said, this thread is likely to get very busy between now and election time. Lets just hope we can keep things civil.(ish) 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13196 on: Today at 15:53:32 »

I do find the 'stopping of the boats' rhetoric a little bit odd, sometimes/usually followed by 'the country is full etc' yet in reality I think 30,000 people used that crossing last year, which as a % of the population won't touch the surfaces.

As LL said, this thread is likely to get very busy between now and election time. Lets just hope we can keep things civil.(ish) 

I've posted numerous times over the years regarding real stats when it comes to immigration/refugees/asylum seekers/illegal immigration {all of which are different things, unless a person who doesn't like anyone different, just see's them bizarrely as some form of threat/vermin etc} and they've never, been close to or a patch on anything to generally concern the larger issues of the UK with.

It's madness we continue to have these discussions about it nationally - especially when the real cost of the asylum system to each of the c30m UK taxpayers is around about... 13p per day - but let us not have that large tax burden impact our job prospects, pension funds and any other false excuse that we'll pretend is the reason of impacting our own privileged prospect and that of any future or existing DNA...

This nation {yes even in relative austere times} can definitely afford this mostly nominal-problem and I bet most who buy their Starbucks or Costa every morning likely ''throw away'' more than what it costs to fund the asylum system. Also add to the fact it would help if the current government had actually processed any asylum applications {most of which actually do end up getting declined anyway}, instead if having their fingers up their arseholes or preferring to spend time just having a good old boys club slanging match in the HoC.

RE: Keeping things civil...nahh BO, we want fecking carnage of course  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 879 [880]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: