Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My second football team...  (Read 16244 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:32:28 »

Have to agree. Never yet met anyone who claims to have a second/third team (and yes I've met them who can reel off three or four, in order, that they claim to "support") who's actually been to any of the games of the teams they claim to "support".

I've a mate who's a Spurs and Swindon fan....he was brought up a Spurs fan as a kid, then moved to Swindon in the 60's as many did, so started watching the Town, and still does.

Not so much these days...cost etc, but he used to go regular to WHL and travel for European fixtures.

His enthusiam  is probably slightly less for the Town than the Yids, but there's not much in it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:48:14 »

Annoys when I hear people saying "I support Arsenal" then the other bloke is like "I'm Man U". I just feel like "no, you don't!... well not in anything like the way I support Swindon... you watch them on TV and maybe buy a shirt!!!"

To add to that, I can't take those proper plastics seriously. It almost makes me angry when they talk of this far off team, being so close to their hearts. And have this fake anger when they lose and shit. It makes me cringe. Like when mates have Facebook statuses in relation to how their plastic team has done. "Hahaha, lets all laugh at spurs" and "Laugh at the poor crying spurs child." Or even another of my mates who, for a while, had some "Love United, Hate Glazer" badge as his profile pic.

Grow up.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:57:11 »

I've a mate who's a Spurs and Swindon fan....he was brought up a Spurs fan as a kid, then moved to Swindon in the 60's as many did, so started watching the Town, and still does.

Not so much these days...cost etc, but he used to go regular to WHL and travel for European fixtures.

His enthusiam  is probably slightly less for the Town than the Yids, but there's not much in it.

Before I moved to Swindon in the 80's I was a typical plastic. I 'supported' Spurs in so much as I watched them on the telly and when football was discussed I would say they were my team.

Which was all bollocks and doesn't compare in any way to how I feel about Swindon.

It's All Good..............
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 07:11:35 »

What gets me is when people say they support one of the top 4 and easch weekend put their shirt on and watch their team on sky wake up follow the local team
However with the world cup and prices i think their attendances on the decline
Apart from Swindon i always look for the results of FC Pauli in Germany
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 07:20:31 »

i love liverpool, i enjoy watching swindon when they get on tv, but its liverpool for me, i think it was the great team of the 70's i felt an affinity with them and have bought a shirt every couple of years and make sure i sky + their games.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 07:49:09 »

What gets me is when people say they support one of the top 4 and easch weekend put their shirt on and watch their team on sky wake up follow the local team
However with the world cup and prices i think their attendances on the decline
Apart from Swindon i always look for the results of FC Pauli in Germany

St. Pauli.

Bloody plastic.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 07:53:13 »

My second team is England, no other football club other than Swindon.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 08:00:41 »

Swindon is the only team I support, but I also look out for the results of Farnborough (we live there) and Greenock Morton (father in law's team).
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 08:02:00 »

Spurs have always been my second team,I've seen them a few times in the past but would't say i was a supporter.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 08:08:20 »

Oxford.

Seriously though, I look out for the results of the mighty east stirling and celtic
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 08:18:52 »

Swindon and Hertha Berlin are the results i care about

Sad to say, i must be on my way
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:01:29 »

Swindon and Hertha Berlin are the results i care about

I never knew you cared.

It's All Good..............
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:12:42 »

I look out for Forest and Grimsby's results (as my housemates are fans) and Bath City as they're technically my local team now. I don't support anyone else though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:14:23 »

Been to a few Killie games as the mrs is from there. Other than that its town all the way.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
nochee

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:22:49 »

Been to a few Killie games as the mrs is from there. Other than that its town all the way.

See you saturday in the legends!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: