Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My second football team...  (Read 16220 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 21:01:22 »

spencer is spot on here, my dad is qpr but i grew up here and he wanted me to be qpr but didnt object to me being swindon, the twist is he is now a season ticket holder in the drs Smiley
Gethimout

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 21:07:53 »

spencer is spot on here, my dad is qpr but i grew up here and he wanted me to be qpr but didnt object to me being swindon, the twist is he is now a season ticket holder in the drs Smiley

Totally agree with the last few posts! Mums a Chelsea fan and Dads a West Ham fan. Got annoyed when i was about 6-7 because i was unable to watch these teams, apart from being on a telly! So asked my Dad to watch local football and he took me to cheltenham, was having none of that. Went up to the County Ground (season of 1995-96) and fucking loved it in the town-end! Loved it so much i i demanded a season ticket for my birthday and went every season there-after until i started playing Saturday football at 16.

SWINDON TIL I DIE!!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #92 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 06:57:46 »

My dad never forced Swindon Town on me. In fact I probably chose them to get closer to him as my parents divorced when I was 3.

I know you shouldn't force football fandom on your children but I would be absolutely gutted if me and my good lady had kids and they opted for Bristol City. I dread to think about it.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 07:22:22 »

Swindon till I die.
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #94 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 09:00:13 »

Majority of my family are all Town fans so it is little surprised that I followed along.  However I always look out for the results of the following...

Fortuna Dusseldorf - have friends in Dusseldorf and we have adopted the Bundesliga 2 club as our own.  A good thing is that you can always watch the games through internet streaming and Fortuna registered their first win of the season on Saturday after losing their first 6 games of the season.  Bundesliga 2 is a cracking division too and the atmosphere at the matches are generally very good.

Manchester City - Kevin Horlock and Oasis being my reasons.

Harrogate Town - went up there a couple of years ago on a cricket tour.  Our Saturday game was postponed due to weather so we headed along to Harrogate v Hucknall Town, Harrogate won 2-0, it was good meaty football with plenty of tackles flying in and flowing passing on display.  Been up there a couple of times since to watch them and have also adopted them.  They also had Trevor Benjamin on loan last season which was an added bonus.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: