Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My second football team...  (Read 16063 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:38:43 »

is Harry Redknapp FC...

For some reason whoever he manages I have an affinity with... top bloke, top manager and should be in charge of England, end of...
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:43:29 »

I don't mind Exeter, but if I'm honest don't even really look out for their results anymore.

If for some reason Wilson fucked off then Tisdale would be my first choice for replacement, again.
Barry Scott

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:49:57 »

I have no second team. I don't mind some teams, but their results have no affect on my moods (like The Mighty Swindon) so therefore matter not.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:51:02 »

I'm not trying to cause anything on this thread, but for some reason this bugs me. Its kinda different for the origional post because it's sort of an attraction to a certain manager rather then a team, but i don't understand how people can have two teams.

What really pisses me off is when people ask me who i support, i reply Swindon, and they come back with " ahh okay, which big team do you support"

Kind of a pet hate for me im affraid!  Smiley

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:54:55 »

A coincidence, but i look out for the results Walsall. Have the most reasonable fans on various other forums, seems like they deserve more success than the part timers of Franchise and other clubs Also feel a bit sorry for them with 4 Premiership teams nearby not really much chance of attracting new fans.

Not sure I'd say that if they beat us though.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 23:05:42 by Morgan Freeman » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:55:21 »

I'm not trying to cause anything on this thread, but for some reason this bugs me. Its kinda different for the origional post because it's sort of an attraction to a certain manager rather then a team, but i don't understand how people can have two teams.

What really pisses me off is when people ask me who i support, i reply Swindon, and they come back with " ahh okay, which big team do you support"

I completely agree, my Exeter following goes as far as that I lived their for a while and caught a couple of games (although not that many), nowhere near a team I support.

Does that "what big team do you support" thing really happen to people though? Even in random pubs watching random premier league games I don't think it's ever happened to me. Maybe I answer "Swindon" with such conviction that they figure out not to ask, which obviously makes be a better supporter than you.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 22:59:51 »

Have to agree. Never yet met anyone who claims to have a second/third team (and yes I've met them who can reel off three or four, in order, that they claim to "support") who's actually been to any of the games of the teams they claim to "support". There's teams who's results I'll look out for (which I think is more what triseros and MF are talking about), but you support one team, end of
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 23:05:29 »

I completely agree, my Exeter following goes as far as that I lived their for a while and caught a couple of games (although not that many), nowhere near a team I support.

Does that "what big team do you support" thing really happen to people though? Even in random pubs watching random premier league games I don't think it's ever happened to me. Maybe I answer "Swindon" with such conviction that they figure out not to ask, which obviously makes be a better supporter than you.

I've had it a few times, mainly at school/on xbox talking to people who don't know much about football and only know about the premier league teams.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 23:11:58 »

Annoys when I hear people saying "I support Arsenal" then the other bloke is like "I'm Man U". I just feel like "no, you don't!... well not in anything like the way I support Swindon... you watch them on TV and maybe buy a shirt!!!"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 23:30:46 »

I follow Lillestrøm SK as well. I wouldn't know whether to say if I supported them or not but I have been to watch them a few times and try to follow their games online.

Since moving I've taken an interest in Coventry's results but that's literally just a passing interest.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 23:48:38 »

It's pretty simple. In my case it's due to being brought up in Swindon and my dad being a lifelong Southampton fan. Hence we went to a couple of Southampton games a season for 20 or so years. I've been to a lot more Swindon games but I'll always have a soft spot of sorts for Southampton as I grew up watching them play.

I love watching Arsenal play as well though that's just due to Wenger and the style of football they play. Though I like seeing them win things and do well as I really hate Chelsea and Man Utd. I want to catch a game at the Emirates at some point but it's not easy getting tickets and it would be an expensive day out with the travelling costs.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 23:51:54 by jonny72 » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 01:40:41 »

I just say 'Swindon, who else?'

I wouldn't say I have a second team because i don't but if the unthinkable happened and we went under i think i'd start to follow the cobblers, and while i know very little about them other than they are now top of the blue square i'd give anything to go to an AFC - McDons game - i'd give it some serious 'grief'...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 05:23:30 »

I have no second team. I don't mind some teams, but their results have no affect on my moods (like The Mighty Swindon) so therefore matter not.

I think that's the point of Harry Redknap FC, I don't get emotionally charged in the way I do with Swindon, I'd never buy the team's shirt (unless some bright spark suddenly brought out a HRFC shirt) and never go and watch them instead of Swindon (unless there was a hospitality day involved) I just like his style of football (and the fact he reminds me of Deputy Dawg)

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 05:34:12 »

There is no second team.

I often look to see how the following are doing:
- Cheltenham: Cos ?I work there
- Coventry: Cos my mate went to uni there and Cov vs Spurs was the first 'big' game I went to with a bunch of mates
- Brovers: Cos my grandfather supported them
- Shitty: Cos my uncle supported them
- Forest Green: Cos I used to live near them

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 06:27:37 »

I recall a guy at Uni who was football mad but supported Manchester United, Southampton, Bournemouth and Plymouth... Three of those teams are in the same division now!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: