Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My second football team...  (Read 16236 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:27:23 »

My first team was originally Newcastle as it was my uncle up there who took me to my first football games, It was then that i found a love for football and finally managed to pursuade my old man to take me to a Swindon game and thats when i started supporting swindon and mearly following newcastle, as i still do now
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:35:15 »

I am an ex plastic.  with my mum unable to drive swindon was just as at of reach as manchester to me.  hence I followed my dads team united.

then I went to a swindon game with a school friend and was hooked from then.  the day of reckoning came when we played man u. I celebrated like a bastard when we equalised and without knowing it became swindon till I die.

live football was the key to changing to a life less plastic.

I still want united to win the league more than any other team.  I just don't care if they don't.  I still despise liverpool though.  odd.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:48:49 »

when I was a lad in the late 70s/early 80s, Swindon were shit and Liverpool were winning everything, hence I did what a lot of kids did and "supported" Liverpool even though my dad took me to a fair few Swindon games. As I got a bit older I went to the odd Liverpool game as a special treat, but more Swindon games. The atmosphere of a couple of the big cup games in the Lou Macari era (Sunderland & Sheff Wed spring to mind) was probably responsible for turning me more towards Swindon and regular live matches than anything else.

I suspect a lot of people supported a big team as kids that they still keep an eye out for but have since returned to their local club for convenience and more of a connection with the club
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:49:21 »

When living in Edinburgh a lot of my mates supported Hearts and I got the bug and even had a season ticket 1 year (just happened to be the season they split the old firm and won the cup). Still doesn't get close to supporting Swindon though although I still look out for the results and will watch Hearts when on ESPN.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 09:51:39 »

bollocks, not one fucker bit, must try harder.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 10:04:48 »

I completely agree, my Exeter following goes as far as that I lived their for a while and caught a couple of games (although not that many), nowhere near a team I support.

Does that "what big team do you support" thing really happen to people though? Even in random pubs watching random premier league games I don't think it's ever happened to me. Maybe I answer "Swindon" with such conviction that they figure out not to ask, which obviously makes be a better supporter than you.

I've had that a few times or else it's the hilarious side-splitting comment of 'well someone has to'.

Re: second team, I don't have one as such, but look out Sheffield United results, as I went to see them a few times when I lived there. Have to say the sight of 20,000 odd drunken Yorkshiremen singing (I use that word lightly) 'greasy chip butty' is something else.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 10:42:59 »

I feel guilty enough not keeping tabs on my hometown, Highworth.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 10:57:16 »

I feel guilty enough not keeping tabs on my hometown, Highworth.

who played salisbury in the fa cup 2 weeks ago.

i look out for supermarine,torquay and arsenals results.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 11:05:14 »

Spurs for me because of all the links with players and managers with the Town. Always keep an eye on them but it's the Town that matter in regards to results!!!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 11:17:15 »

Only Swindon for me. I occasionally look for AFC Wimbledon results.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 11:45:33 »

Only Swindon for me. I occasionally look for AFC Wimbledon results.

Same. Would be great to see them up giving Franchise a good pasting.
Spencer_White

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 12:07:43 »

Anyone who thinks they support 2 English teams needs to have a good look at themselves.
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 12:36:01 »

I follow Vålerenga in Norway.

Purely because I went to a game while I was out there and traded scarves with a local I met in Oslo.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 12:41:45 »

Swindon is the only team I support, but I also look out for the results of Farnborough (we live there) and Greenock Morton (father in law's team).

Bloody glory hunters
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 12:50:23 »

I follow Vålerenga in Norway.

Purely because I went to a game while I was out there and traded scarves with a local I met in Oslo.

I've seen Vålerenga play - Tromsdalen vs Vålerenga in a 2nd division game in about 2001.  They weren't very good(!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: