Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My second football team...  (Read 16147 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 19:18:23 »

Bollocks. Closet Southport supporter you is.
Cheesy Busted Smiley
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 19:31:22 »

always supported the town and had my first season ticket around 1980 (best get this in first considering what follows)

as for 2nd team, me uncle took me to Ferguson's first game as manager for man u in 86(?) v scumford at the manor...I remember man u getting turned over and me getting crushed in cuckoo lane eventually getting out to see man u kicking off everywhere including putting buses windows thru...it was acceptable in the 80s.....so he then took me to a few more games including Man U v Newcastle at Old Trafford and I remember this one as Mirandinha was playing for the Geordies and nearly all the toon fans turned up wearing sombreros-quality sight.....one more memorable game was v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, not so much for the game but more for the incredible amount of coppers holding back Chelsea fans itching to get at the utd fans.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 19:32:37 »

Any team that's playing against any team(especially the current one) that's ever been managed by Harry Redknapp.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Coca Fola

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 20:16:13 »

Bosnia....fans are nutcases.
Too right they are.  Cheesy
I went to the Sarajevo Derby a few years back, it was absolutely crazy. Flares, fights, banners, smoke bombs, the lot. Riot police dousing the crowd to keep the fans apart.
Highland Robin

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 20:58:14 »

I look for lots of teams results.... hoping they have lost!  Pompey, Chelsea, Nottm Forest, Uddersfld, Leeds for a start.... It could only ever be STFC for me to die for, but I was professionally involved with Hereford (no not as a player!!), so do always look for them.  (Remember when Swindon came to play them pre-season for the Hereford Senior Cup, which Town had won the previous season, and when the presentation happened, the cup was pulled out of a plastic carriet bag, and was all tarnished....how embarrassed was I!!!)  Also look for Falkirk, because a distant relative - Kenny Deuchar - plays for them (now), and for Ross County, because they are the nearest team to where we live now.  Doesn't make me disloyal to the Town in any way.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 21:17:21 »

Don't Hereford hate Swindon?
Highland Robin

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 21:20:03 »

Not in those days...never met in competitive matches as far as I know...they were rubbish, with rubbish manager (Ian Bowyer)!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 21:34:40 »

Don't Hereford hate Swindon?

Only DRS Wink
nochee

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 12:29:14 »

Got a soft spot for Barnet cos my grandparents used to lived there and we would go and watch them when visiting.

Dont support them but want them to do well and always look out for the results.

Amy Winehouse is a big Barnet fan
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 13:24:31 »

Amy Winehouse is a big Barnet fan

Cant see her spending much time at Underhill, really has the feel of a non league ground.
nochee

« Reply #85 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 13:30:09 »

Cant see her spending much time at Underhill, really has the feel of a non league ground.

Doh

[url width=425 height=638]http://www.hairflair.org/images/amy-winehouse-beehive-hairstyle_49.jpg[/url]
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 13:40:59 by nochee » Logged
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 13:50:25 »

Is that the private or public secateurs ?  The latter might be better for cuts at the moment.

Shears quality.

Town for me, first, second and third, but I have to admit to doing a bit of glory-hunting recently with QPR. They're my local team, my daughter's a fan and their fans are a decent bunch. And they hate Chelsea.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 13:53:47 »

Shears quality.

Town for me, first, second and third, but I have to admit to doing a bit of glory-hunting recently with QPR. They're my local team, my daughter's a fan and their fans are a decent bunch. And they hate Chelsea.

Serious question...are you not disappointed she doesn't follow Swindon?  My boys are still much too young for football, but I've more or less assumed that they're going to come to games with me one day and become fans themselves even though we live 60 miles from Swindon.  Am I being naive?
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 14:09:58 »

Serious question...are you not disappointed she doesn't follow Swindon?  My boys are still much too young for football, but I've more or less assumed that they're going to come to games with me one day and become fans themselves even though we live 60 miles from Swindon.  Am I being naive?

I've taken her to a few Town games, but she decided she wanted to follow her local team (quite a few of her mates support QPR as well). And let's face it, it could be a lot worse...

Also I'm not sure that inflicting a lifetime of pain and disappointment on your offspring is good parenting. But if we ever play them again I'll force her to wear her Swindon top!
Spencer_White

« Reply #89 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 20:08:20 »

I've taken her to a few Town games, but she decided she wanted to follow her local team (quite a few of her mates support QPR as well). And let's face it, it could be a lot worse...

Also I'm not sure that inflicting a lifetime of pain and disappointment on your offspring is good parenting. But if we ever play them again I'll force her to wear her Swindon top!

good on you. I rekon too many parents force their team on their kids. It doesnt do any good in the long run, they end up hating football.

I think if you move away and your kids grow up somewhere different then hopefully they will chose to support a team in the area that means something to them.

In Swindon weve got plenty of Spurs/Chelsea/W Ham etc who support their club because their parents or grandparents moved out the slums 50 years ago. A desperate attempt to deny who they really are. Swindonians from Swindon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: