Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 1834 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518144 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #27450 on: Friday, November 18, 2022, 11:36:07 »

Sale of alcohol will still go ahead in the corporate areas. It goes without saying I guess.

Where, if Twitter is to be believed, tickets are c.£19k a pop!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #27451 on: Friday, November 18, 2022, 11:36:58 »

Also reports of Qatar offering Ecaudor players money to lose the first game.

Couldnt make it up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27452 on: Friday, November 18, 2022, 11:41:12 »

beer will be sold in fan zones away from the stadium

it's illegal to be drunk or swear in Qatar. Let's see if they turn a blind eye when the inevitable happens

@tans seriously hope that's bollocks.. but .
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27453 on: Friday, November 18, 2022, 12:46:15 »

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1593529992150933510
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #27454 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 15:51:44 »

50 inches of snow Buffalo NY😀

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27455 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:00:44 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63687627
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #27456 on: Saturday, November 19, 2022, 18:01:48 »

I was there, can confirm Wales were shit.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27457 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 09:40:28 »

She'll be well Krankie  Smiley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-63727562
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27458 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 11:17:37 »

Its a funny old thing and will just reinforce the feeling in what appears to be now a majority of Scots that rather than being part of a Union they are actually basically a junior party with no say in their future. The government will need to, at some stage, realise that if they wish to keep Scotland part of the Union something's going to have to give, the SNP won an overwhelming mandate on an independence manifesto on top of which the Scots voted remain.

Speaking to my mate this morning who was previously very much pro union, but in the last few years have gone over to the other side, he noted that it was always going to be the case that the court would rule that Scotland didn’t have the powers, however this actually was a political exercise to add more credence to the claim that this is not a willing union of equals and that Scotland and Wales are effectively colonies of England?

Who knows, if they want independence good luck to them, with the mess in England at the moment maybe they will take Cumbria with them.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27459 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 11:53:55 »

Its a funny old thing and will just reinforce the feeling in what appears to be now a majority of Scots that rather than being part of a Union they are actually basically a junior party with no say in their future. The government will need to, at some stage, realise that if they wish to keep Scotland part of the Union something's going to have to give, the SNP won an overwhelming mandate on an independence manifesto on top of which the Scots voted remain.

Speaking to my mate this morning who was previously very much pro union, but in the last few years have gone over to the other side, he noted that it was always going to be the case that the court would rule that Scotland didn’t have the powers, however this actually was a political exercise to add more credence to the claim that this is not a willing union of equals and that Scotland and Wales are effectively colonies of England?

Who knows, if they want independence good luck to them, with the mess in England at the moment maybe they will take Cumbria with them.

Isn't the amount of votes towards the SNP/Nationalist parties when counted up on a proportional basis still circa 45%? They've always won a lot of seats, it doesn't really give it a mandate.

The amount of scots that voted remain in the EU is also less than the amount that voted to stay in the UK so even assuming everyone that was anti brexit is pro independence, it doesn't really work.

If we weren't such a shambles economically I'd almost want them to give them another referendum just to shut them up, although they probably never will. they'll probably want a third 'once in a lifetime' vote on the basis it was closer this time or something.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27460 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 12:09:20 »

Isn't the amount of votes towards the SNP/Nationalist parties when counted up on a proportional basis still circa 45%? They've always won a lot of seats, it doesn't really give it a mandate.

Why is Scotland now different to the rest of the UK, on the basis you have outlined the present UK government (43.6% incidentally) doesn't enjoy a mandate?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but the idea/celebration that today's ruling has done anything bar strengthen the feeling already extant in Scotland or remotely lessons the legitimacy of what the SNP are doing is misguided at best. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27461 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 12:39:58 »

sturgeon says they will use the next GE as a defacto vote on independence. Presumably they'll just campaign as such.

You can't really blame the sweaties. They rejected the first opportunity to fuck up their country and now deserve a second go*.

*I guess an independent Scotland won't be a success in the EU, but it's not forgone
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27462 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 12:41:37 »

Why is Scotland now different to the rest of the UK, on the basis you have outlined the present UK government (43.6% incidentally) doesn't enjoy a mandate?

A general election is not the same as an indyref. The options for a general election weren't tories yes or no as a 50/50 question.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27463 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 12:58:17 »

sturgeon says they will use the next GE as a defacto vote on independence. Presumably they'll just campaign as such.

You can't really blame the sweaties. They rejected the first opportunity to fuck up their country and now deserve a second go*.

*I guess an independent Scotland won't be a success in the EU, but it's not forgone

Who knows, all it has done is expose the myth of the voluntary union really and instead reinforced the argument made that Scotland is essentially an occupied Colony with no right to split, which opens all manner of options for the SNP taking things beyond Westminster, which was the whole point of this for them really.

As for an independent Scotland being a success or otherwise, like all such matters depends who you talk to.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27464 on: Wednesday, November 23, 2022, 14:56:17 »

What mess is there in England that hasn't happened in Scotland?
Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 1834 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: