Pages: 1 ... 2493 2494 2495 [2496]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 4359613 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #37425 on: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, 23:33:30 »

A good deterent to people driving like twats, or even just not paying full attention to driving, is to bring back the much maligned Droid/ Black Rat dyed in the wool, not really interested in anything else, shouldn't they be out catching burglars/ rapists/murderers Traffic Officer.

A bigger fleet of Traffic Cars, with the no nonsense officer within, stopping anything that moves that either isn't complying with the law or looks like it might be a bit ropey and not taking any shit from the driver.

Everyone who gets ticketed by them hates them with a passion but, look at the reaction of drivers who spot something that might be Old Bill.

When I head along the M4 towards or home from a game, every Highways Traffic Officer (Motorway PCSO) vehicle I see is preceeded by three lanes of brake lights on approaching vehicles.

Driving standards have decreased as the number of cops dedicated to roads policing has also dropped.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37426 on: Today at 09:12:57 »

Everyone who gets ticketed by them hates them with a passion but, look at the reaction of drivers who spot something that might be Old Bill.

Driving standards have decreased as the number of cops dedicated to roads policing has also dropped.

Do they, my only involvement with the old bill driving was once getting done by a camera, entirely my fault and entirely preventable if I had been not speeding (37 in a 30).

Second time was years back when I was pulled over for a dirty numberplate on the A40 at about 11.45 on a Friday night, it was obvious that the main reason for the pull was to see if I had been drinking, I hadn't so after a brief chat and him giving me a tissue to wipe numberplate off I popped. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37427 on: Today at 10:00:51 »

Do what they do here. Minor driving offences and parking offences the police take off your number plates for a period of time - usually 60 days. No fine, just major inconvenience.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37428 on: Today at 10:03:35 »

Do what they do here. Minor driving offences and parking offences the police take off your number plates for a period of time - usually 60 days. No fine, just major inconvenience.

Assume that means you can't technically use your vehicle in that case? Or if you do and you are caught driving without plates you get something more serious?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37429 on: Today at 11:26:28 »

Just pop out and get some more plates printed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #37430 on: Today at 13:53:08 »

Assume that means you can't technically use your vehicle in that case? Or if you do and you are caught driving without plates you get something more serious?
Yeah. Car is off the road for 60 days.
Pages: 1 ... 2493 2494 2495 [2496]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: